Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+95
mikeinfla
brokentulsa
ShadowAngel
Naurbereth
Gryphon-kl
Darkly
Sole Survivor
CRIMSONMASK
Wurthless
martinsane
SpectreFate
bassman
Witchfinder
Lari
shamgar75
mlotek
Motorsud
metalken
rawr!
Shawn Of Fire
TheDoctor'sScarf
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
FlyingV
Wargod
Joe
Getizzyback
Starman
Orion Crystal Ice
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ZetaReticuli
chewie
jstate
T-Roy
iamrockerfun
Ultimate.Nightmare
metalhead777
DallasBlack
powermacho
mr.electric39
ultmetal
tohostudios
Metallic Blaze
Ford.Prefect
crazzycat
ryanmetalman
AchrisK
Rogue Angel
SideShowDisaSter
Louder
Olafsto
Eyesore
Shiney
Neuropete
GrandNational
QuothTheRaven
spiritoradio
dirtracin1
exact33
MoonChild
metalheaded
Sutekh
TheGooch
XYZ
Addy
Dave the Boss
the sentinel
thejokeriv
holydiver97595
SlaytanicPOWER
sheets
James B.
scottmitchell74
Zdan
MetalRob331
metalinmyveins
sam
RevBilly6207
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
EvyMetal
nevermore
Metal Misfit
kmorg
akeldama
rattpoison
SAHB Healer
Stender
Leatherface
manny
Schbopo
Troublezone
99 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

What book are you currently reading? Empty
PostSubject: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 6:43 pm

I currently started on the Rudy Sarzo book "Off the Rails".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:33 pm

America On Record: A History Of Recorded Sound by Andre Millard

Great book!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm

The Great Gatsby
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:32 pm

detuned wrote:

Great book!

Sounds like a book i was issued when i took music appreciation class.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:35 pm

Schbopo wrote:
The Great Gatsby

Are you joking or just into "classics"?
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 8:40 pm

Troublezone wrote:

Are you joking or just into "classics"?

The latter.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:58 pm

F.Scott Fitzgerald is one of my favorite writers, Tender is the Night is another classic.

Currently reading:

The Lives of the Muses: Nine Women and the Artists They Inspired by Francine Prose
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:
detuned wrote:

Great book!

Sounds like a book i was issued when i took music appreciation class.

This book focuses on the technical aspect of sound recording and reproduction, from Edison's cylinder, the era of acoustic recording during the 20's, the change to electrical recording in the 30's, film sound, introduction of stereo (which actually started as early as 1940 in films), etc. It also covers the evolution of home music players, radio and film production. Alot of this information I knew already but it's nice to have it all collected in one text.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:27 pm

A Lion's Tale:Around the World in Spandex by Chris Jericho.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:31 am

Schbopo wrote:
The Great Gatsby

You seriously rule dude. That book is one of my favorates, the symbology in that book is great...another stunning book by Fitzgerald is "the beautiful and the damned". Check it sometime.

I've been reading My "Bedford reader" textbook for my english compostion course + loads of Bukowski...mostly "Ham on rye" and "Last night of the earth poems".
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:46 am

"Bases Loaded" by Kurt Radomski. Another book about steroids in baseball.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:28 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
"Bases Loaded" by Kurt Radomski. Another book about steroids in baseball.

Did you see that documentary about Jose Conseco?
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:26 am

Stender wrote:
....loads of Bukowski...mostly "Ham on rye" and "Last night of the earth poems".

Stender gets it.......you ever read Henry Miller?
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 10:16 am

Falling In Love With Prayer-Mike Macintosh
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:22 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Stender wrote:
....loads of Bukowski...mostly "Ham on rye" and "Last night of the earth poems".

No, is he like Bukowski?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:35 pm

Stender wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Stender wrote:

No, is he like Bukowski?

No not really, he is more like Jack Kerouac, not in terms of writing style but in terms of how he uses his personal experiences to create his books, his most famous and his best book IMO is 'Tropic of Cancer" very good book talks about his life in Paris and his sexual emotional triangle with his wife and another woman that is suppose to be based on Anais Nin.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:37 pm

I don't know if it has been translated to English, but I'm currently reading the 3rd book in the Millennium series from Swedish writer, Stig Larsson.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:41 pm

manny wrote:

No not really, he is more like Jack Kerouac, not in terms of writing style but in terms of how he uses his personal experiences to create his books, his most famous and his best book IMO is 'Tropic of Cancer" very good book talks about his life in Paris and his sexual emotional triangle with his wife and another woman that is suppose to be based on Anais Nin.

Which was made into a movie: Henry & June
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:46 pm

detuned wrote:
manny wrote:

Which was made into a movie: Henry & June

That isn't a bad movie but the screenplay was based more on Anais Nin's diaries that she published like 12 volumes of, of course the events the diary chronicle some of the events that made its way into Miller's 'Tropic of Cancer' so everything comes full circle I suppose.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 2:51 pm

That's my wife's favorite movie

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:12 pm

manny wrote:
Stender wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Stender wrote:

No, is he like Bukowski?

I'll check him out sometime. Have you seen the Bukowski documentary "Born into this"?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 3:22 pm

Stender wrote:
manny wrote:
Stender wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Stender wrote:

No, is he like Bukowski?

I'll check him out sometime. Have you seen the Bukowski documentary "Born into this"?

Yes I watched it last year, rented from the local library excellent documentary and interesting insight into his art and life, sad, funny, and runs the whole range of emotions like his poetry.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 5:43 pm

Just finished Fletch Won, so now I'm starting Fletch Too by Gregory MacDonald.

Also putting time in on The Marvel Chronicle when I can.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 6:33 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:
Just finished Fletch Won, so now I'm starting Fletch Too by Gregory MacDonald.

Any thing to do with the Movies ???

I'm currently trying to decode "the A-Z of Google translation for dummies"
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 7:16 pm

manny wrote:
Stender wrote:
manny wrote:
Stender wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
Stender wrote:

No, is he like Bukowski?

Yes I watched it last year, rented from the local library excellent documentary and interesting insight into his art and life, sad, funny, and runs the whole range of emotions like his poetry.

I see Manny's done the job......yeah Tropic Of Cancer is a must.

I liked Born Into This......but trust Bono to get his head in it, he's been in that great Leonard Cohen film I'm Your Man and a documentary on the Pixies. I'm sorry the man is annoying.......good taste though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 1 of 40Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next