Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses

Go down 
+23
tohostudios
Noetic Effect
Dark Horseman
Thelemech
Boris2008
glassprison
Wurthless
MoonChild
akeldama
James B.
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Addy
Witchfinder
exact33
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Lari
mc666
Gilbert
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Who gets your vote?
Motley Crue
Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Vote_lcap66%Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Vote_rcap
 66% [ 21 ]
Guns N Roses
Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Vote_lcap34%Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Vote_rcap
 34% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Empty
PostSubject: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 11:07 pm

Has this one been done before?

Come on. This should be fun. Both bands have released timeless classic anthems.

I think i will go for the crue, even though appetite for destruction remains in my top 5 albums of all time.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:29 am

Motley Crue was just the better band. The first two albums were solid gold. A slight slip up with ToP, & then on to straight sleeze with G,G,G. Dr. Feelgood was also a decent hard rock album.

That's 4 to 1 IMO.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 1:38 am

Crue, but neither is among my favourites. Even in the genre.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:34 am

I like A.F.D a lot, but the first two Motley albums have that aggressive guitar sound. Overall, I just like more Crue songs. GNR started to suck after Adler was kicked out and Izzy quit...
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 2:43 am

Motley Crue for me. They were one of my favorite bands for a long time when I was discovering metal. Thankfully I discovered better stuff later on, but I still have a soft spot for their first three albums. They were a good gateway band for the early years.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 4:01 am

Motley Crue for me. They were my favorite band through middle and most of high school. The first two are still in constant rotation for me. Oh that awesome cowbell on Too Fast for Love!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 6:33 am

Motley Cruel, I guess.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:27 am

The Crue for me. Their entire catalog woops GNR.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 am

GNR. I love much of the Crue but they never came close to releasing an album as good as Appetite.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:31 am

Witchfinder wrote:
GNR.  I love much of the Crue but they never came close to releasing an album as good as Appetite.  

see i think Dr Feelgood competes on about every level with AFD.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:36 am

exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
GNR.  I love much of the Crue but they never came close to releasing an album as good as Appetite.  

For me Dr. Feelgood has aged terribly and is loaded with mediocre/bad tracks like "She Goes Down," "Time For Change," and "Without You."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:42 am

I perfer GNR as a whole, but there have been Crue songs i like too so i voted GNR
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:44 am

Witchfinder wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

For me Dr. Feelgood has aged terribly and is loaded with mediocre/bad tracks like "She Goes Down," "Time For Change," and "Without You."  

I totally agree! I prefer Motley Crue in this poll overall, but these two albums aren't even comparable!! I suppose from a pure nostalgia thing for me, the hits on Dr. Feelgood are still enjoyable, but the filler, is awful!!! Go no further than, "Slice of Your Pie", "Rattlesnake Shake", "Sticky Sweet', "She Goes Down" and "Time For a Change"...
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:49 am

If this poll were "Appetite For Destruction" vs "Too Fast For Love", I would probably go with GNR, but it isn't. As much as I "like" the Use Your Illusion albums, they should have trimmed the fat. There was no fat to be trimmed on "Shout at the Devil". The biggest surprise of my musical life, is finding out how much I'm enjoying "Theater of Pain" these days. I hated this album for the longest of time and I'm not sure why. The guitar tone on this album is still early Crue, so there is another reason I will take Motley.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 9:31 am

GnR fanboy till the very end!!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 9:52 am

Kind of a tough call cuz I used to like both bands quite a bit but nowadays both are occasional, nostalgic listens for me. I haven't been a "diehard" fan of either for a long time.

I loved Motley Crue when I was 13 and Shout At The Devil was current. I was a stupid kid who bought their whole "we're so evil, this album may contain backwards messages" shtick hook line and sinker. Then came the image makeover for Theater of Pain and "Home Sweet Home," and bleah! I walked away and never looked back. They were the first lesson I ever had about a favorite band "selling out."

As for GnR, Appetite is still one of those records you just can't f**k with, it was lightning in a bottle. Loved it then, love it now, but everything after it has been "meh" at best IMO.

I probably listen to Appetite more often than early Crue these days, tho, so I suppose they get my vote by a hair.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:13 am

Battle of the Strip junkie bands Laughing very hard

Let's see for me it is this.. CRUE- some great club shows, the one/two punch of "Too Fast" & "Shout", seeing them opening for KISS on the Creatures Tour, seeing them at US 83, and being present at their very first headlining gig with Axe as opener. G-N-R- watching the band come together from other local bands, great club shows, "Appetite" & "Lies" and seeing them open for The Cult & The Stones. My vote goes to G-N-R

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 10:22 am

Motley Crue.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 11:25 am

Not a fan of either band but I vote GNR for Appetite for Destruction.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 12:10 pm

I'm not huge into either of them anymore. Like most of you guys, I was a big fan of both when I was first getting into metal, but I sort of moved on from being fanatical about them. I'd have to go with Crue, though, cos I still listen to their early stuff every now and again (Live Wire's gotta be one of the coolest metal songs of the early 80s). In the case of GnR, I like them well enough, but I never get the hankering to listen to any of their stuff. And I absolutely hate Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle, and Sweet Child of Mine now due to overplay.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 4:33 pm

Both bands had one great album IMO, although other good songs are scattered here and there... but to me, A.F.D and Shout at the Devil are their best offerings.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 6:24 pm

I voted for Motley based on the quality of their albums up through the self-titled disc with Corabi.

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 6:38 pm

I voted G&R on the basis of one great album but tbh if the vote was Motley vs the ebola virus it might have been closer lol!
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Motley Crue but GnR is great as well.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 1:28 pm

This thread reminds me of the love MC and GNR has for each other!!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next