Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scanner/Gamma Ray

Go down 
+7
Red Kitty
Wargod
exact33
kmorg
stepcousin
One With the World
Sabbath In Solitude
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:42 pm

I have mp3's of Scanner "Hypertrace",no Gamma Ray except for tracks of Valley of the Kings and Rebellion In Dreamland,a little info on what else is available from Scanner,whats the best stuff.....
I seem to remember reading about a connection,did the singer for Scanner also sing for Gamma Ray,I know Hansen sings on some of GR's material,inquiring out of the loop metal minds want to know 🤘 Digging those speedy Germans.....
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom
One With the World
Metal novice
Metal novice
One With the World

Number of posts : 5

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:53 pm

Sabbath In Solitude wrote:
I have mp3's of Scanner "Hypertrace",no Gamma Ray except for tracks of Valley of the Kings and Rebellion In Dreamland,a little info on what else is available from Scanner,whats the best stuff.....
I seem to remember reading about a connection,did the singer for Scanner also sing for Gamma Ray,I know Hansen sings on some of GR's material,inquiring out of the loop metal minds want to know 🤘 Digging those speedy Germans.....

Gamma Ray formed after Kai left Helloween n whatnot. Singing for Gamma Ray at first was Ralph Scheepers (spell that right? haha), then he left and Gamma Ray came out with LAND OF THE FREE -- an amazing album fo sho!

I suggest you ignore Scanner and go and get Gamma Ray's albums -
Land of the Free and No World Order
YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/tuka_fire
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:48 am

As cheesy as it is, I love the "Hypertrace" album, but thats my opinion.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 3:02 am

Scanner's "Terminal Earth" is a classic.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 5:23 am

I agree with Kurt. I am fan of both Terminal Earth and Hypertrace. Cant go wrong with GR either though....

Alex

Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 6:02 am

Don't ignore Scanner, Scanner is good metal!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:10 pm

Yeah,thats why I was asking,I like Scheepers voice,was he the only Scanner vocalist, and also I like those ''space metal" kind of lyrics,Iron Savior,Agent Steel etc.Which Gamma Ray albums does Scheepers sing on ?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:18 am

Scheepers sings on the first 3 Gamma Ray albums (Heading For Tomorrow,Sigh No More and Insanity & Genius). Scheepers never sang for Scanner. He did sing in Tyran' Pace.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Red Kitty

Number of posts : 1006

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:31 am

As for Scanner, I don't have either Hypertrace or Terminal, but I do have Mental Reservation and Ball of the Damned. Both are good, but I prefer Mental Reservation. I love ALL Gamma Ray, my faves being:

1. Majestic
2. Somewhere Out in Space
3. Land of the Free II
4. No World Order
5. Power Plant
6. Land of the Free
Back to top Go down
AngelRipper16
Metal novice
Metal novice
AngelRipper16

Number of posts : 99

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:53 am

I have yet to hear anything from Scanner but Gamma Ray is a band I enjoy. "Powerplant", "No World Order" and "Majestic" are my favourites. I like how they all show different sides of the band.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 12:37 pm

heading for tomorrow, the first gamma ray release, is a must have. Not familiar with scanner...
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 5:10 pm

Ralf Scheepers did guest vocals on the song Puppet On a String off the album Ball Of The Damned, but other than that thats all he did with Scanner.

Scheepers was in a band before Gamma Ray called Tyran Pace. They only did 3 albums Eye To Eye, Long Live Metal and Watching You. There was also another Tyran Pace album called Take A Seat In The High Row, that came out years after but its a completely different band so dont buy it. I think the album is ok but its nothing like the original band.

Scanner is great even though almost all their albums except for 2 have all different singers. I like them all even though I think Ball Of The Damned was way too short and a little awkward. The last album they did had a female singer I thought that was a great album, so you really cant go wrong with their stuff. Hypertrace, Terminal Earth and Mental Reservation are favorites though. They were recently working on a new album with once again a new singer but I havent heard anything from it lately since people kept leaving the band.

If your looking for more Ralph Scheepers stuff check out Primal Fear.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2009 9:17 pm

Well,I thought I was,but I guess I'm not apparently,okay, so who did sing on Hypertrace,does anybody know ? What was the name of the album with the female singer,sounds interesting......
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:06 am

Michael "M.A.J.O.R." Knoblich sang on Hypertrace.

Scantropolis has a female singer, and it pretty much sucks, if you ask me.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:03 am

kmorg wrote:

did M.A.J.O.R. ever go and do any other band? I always try and look him up but never find anything. He reminded me somewhat of Kai Hansen.

You thought Scantropolis sucked? because of the girl or the songs? I thought it was pretty good. It didnt sound like anything else they ever put out but the songs were pretty catchy I thought. Funny thing is that girl just used the band to try and further her career now where is she? haha

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 4:03 pm

kmorg wrote:

and I agree too kurt. Its nothing like classic scanner to my ears.

Alex

Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 10:05 pm

Leave it up to me to like the long lost singer,that did'nt do anything else, Rolling Eyes but I did like his phrasing,kind of reminded me of this guy that sang on the Iron Butterfly album "Scorching Beauty".The only guitar heavy album they did as far as I know,it was like really early bluesy hard rock,he also only sang on that one album,I think most of their fans hated it,but not me...........
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:20 pm

PRD: It was the singer for the most part. The only really great song on the album is Till The Ferryman Dies. It is also so obvious that they were jumoing on the nightwish band wagon, rather than continue to create the great power/speed metal of the past.

Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 6:16 pm

I have Scanner-hypertrace on tape. haven't listened to it in many years. never heard Gamma Ray so I can't rea;;y comment on them. Man I can't believe anyone even remembers Scanner!!! I'm gonna have to dig that tape out and see if it still plays!
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 7:17 pm

You should check out the Vibrations Of Doom site,there are listenable tracks there of many great bands,if you have the latest realplayer,80's HEAVY metal lives !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Scanner/Gamma Ray Empty
PostSubject: Re: Scanner/Gamma Ray   Scanner/Gamma Ray Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scanner/Gamma Ray
Page 1 of 1