Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skanners not Scanner!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

Skanners not Scanner! Empty
PostSubject: Skanners not Scanner!   Skanners not Scanner! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:07 pm

Anyone like this Italian metal band? They have been around since the early 80's although they did not put many cds. Anyhoo here is a bio of them.
I thought their last cd was a great as hell!

A little history of the Band is necessary for those generations who have not been able to follow the Skanners from their very beginnings. This very young group from Bolzano (Italy) was formed in 1982, and record a DEMOTAPE.Their first album came out in 1986 Dirty Armada distribuited by CGD Milano. Their concerts in Italy and Austria have received numerous positive reactions from audience and critics.With their second album Pictures of War the Skanners reach out the peak of popularity. by playng as a support group for Mot..rhead Twisted Sister- R.J. Dio Helloween - Saxon- Girlschool and others, they have proved theyr talent and willingness to emerge.Later the Band had many changes in the line-up , this caused a pause as far as recording is concerned.The present line-up has found the ancient splendor again. In 1995 the Label Liederszene Southtyrol produced their third album The Magic Square that was distribuited in Italy by the Self Records. The Band gave a series of spectacular concerts as a support group for Deep Purple around Italy, where the audience heard and admired the line-up´s Magic Show !!!In 1997 all the live material was recorded and mixed on a CD album: the new Skanners Live, also produced by Liederszene Southtyrol and distribuited by the Label White & Black Italy.The 1997 was the year of the 15° Anniversary of the Band, so they decided to give the fans a Live album with songs of each of their three albums including two no-edit songs1998/99.The band tourned around Austria and Germany to promote the new album, at the same time workt about new songs and material for the next Studio- Album. 2000/01 The band has signed for a realese with the Italian Label UNDERGROUND SYMPHONY, and has recorded The new Album FLAGELLUM DEI at the New Sin Studios in ITALY. 2002/04 The new Album Flagellum Dei is on the market in Europe and the Band play it all around the World ! The year 2006 is the year of the come back to the fabulouses 80’tees… and the new SKANNERS’s label the MYGRAVEYARDPRODUCTIONS has produced the 2 hystorical albums DIRTY ARMADA and PICTURES OF WAR !!! At present the SKANNERS have finish the recording session of the new Album titled “ THE SERIAL HEALER” produced by the MYGRAVEYARDPRODUCTIONS too- that will be available in Janner 2008!! Ready to give all the DEFENDERS new Heavy true metal !!! STAY TUNED !!

Wargod48

NP: Fury'N'Grace - Tales Of Grotesque And Arabesque
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Skanners not Scanner!   Skanners not Scanner! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:40 pm

I have Flagellum Dei and like it well enough. They're a good band.....
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Skanners not Scanner!   Skanners not Scanner! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 7:57 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I have Flagellum Dei and like it well enough. They're a good band.....

Used to have this too, but didn't like it all that much.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Skanners not Scanner!   Skanners not Scanner! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:38 am

I have your copy! We traded (I forget what) and that's one of the ones you traded.

One man's junk....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Skanners not Scanner!   Skanners not Scanner! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 8:43 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I have your copy! We traded (I forget what) and that's one of the ones you traded.

One man's junk....... Very Happy

Yeah, I remembered. Can't remember what I got though....

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Skanners not Scanner!   Skanners not Scanner! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 1:26 pm

It was either Die Happy or Kotzev's Nostradamus......now that I think about it....
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Skanners not Scanner!   Skanners not Scanner! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:50 am

Nostradamus is in the vault, so it was probably that one, yes!

PostSubject: Re: Skanners not Scanner!   Skanners not Scanner! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skanners not Scanner!
Page 1 of 1