Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Epic Doom

Go down 
+6
Thrasher73
Troublezone
Hamer12
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Sabbath In Solitude
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 7:20 pm

Yes Please Smile
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 8:38 pm

I'm really out of touch with the whole metal scene I think, I've been checking out alot of the bands mentioned on this thread on myspace and so far I'm just not getting it.

I think I need more groove and less doom.
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:44 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Yes Please Smile
http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/10/11/2139427/Heathendom%20%28EP%29.zip
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Number of posts : 79

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:54 pm

Cool,two pages and two posts away from my goal,how many cds does Doomshine have,before now had only seen the name somewhere......
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sabbsteve aka The Planet Doom

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:00 am

Doomshine have one disc.
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:07 am

Sabbath In Solitude wrote:
Cool,two pages and two posts away from my goal,how many cds does Doomshine have,before now had only seen the name somewhere......
What is your goal? To post in the trading forum? If you're making us all waste our time here, I'll e-kick your e-ass.
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 1:32 am

Eyesore wrote:
What is your goal? To post in the trading forum? If you're making us all waste our time here, I'll e-kick your e-ass.

He's been saying that in every thread all day long.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 7:03 pm

Hour of 13
Serpent (90's)
Sevenchurch-"Bleak Insight"
Serenity- (On Holy Records mid 90's, no relation to the current melodic band).

or maybe 90's Tad Morose for melodic, proggy doom? Kinda like MM or Veni Domine.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 8:39 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:

or maybe 90's Tad Morose for melodic, proggy doom? Kinda like MM or Veni Domine.

leaving the past behind is a very dark disc. good stuff.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
chucksteak
Metal student
Metal student
chucksteak

Number of posts : 133

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 9:23 pm

anything Scott "Wino" Weinrich has done. The Obsessed,Spirit Caravan,The Hidden Hand, St. Vitus. He did one album with Place of Skulls also.

The Mystick Krewe Of Clearlight (they even did a split CD that featured who else but the legend "wino" again on one song)

The Gates Of Slumber
Apostle Of Solitude
TROUBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:06 am

Eyesore wrote:

That has already e-happened,thank you very much,I was informed of my error by the powers that be, not that it is really any of your business anyway,geez,I was having fun with it,some people have no sense of humor,I mean,if you had added an emoticon or something ,if you are kidding, you should make it clear,if not,then you got something to say man,well you got my number
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:53 am

Eyesore wrote:
That has already e-happened,thank you very much,geez,some people have no sense of humor,I mean,if you had added an emoticon or something ,if you are kidding you should make it clear,if not,you got a problem kid :swear:
Space bar!

And I wasn't kidding. E-kicking your e-ass was a joke, of course, but asking if you were making us waste our time just so you could bump up your post count was a serious question.
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 1:20 am

To finalize this and move on,as I explained to the person who contacted me,I was not just posting nonsense,I was trying to have fun with it,I did spend part of my day off to achieve the required number of posts since I do not have a lot of time to be on here to begin with.This looked like a cool place to discuss music, and also where maybe I might be able to do some deals,I did follow the rules posted..........
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:10 am

Some of the bands posted here are not of the "Epic Doom" variety...just being nitpicky. Very Happy

Gates Of Slumber, Wino stuff, Concept Of God...not Doom...

SabbathInSolitude, if you dig While Heaven Wept, check out Revelation...
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 9:21 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Some of the bands posted here are not of the "Epic Doom" variety...just being nitpicky. Very Happy

Good, I've now learned a new genre definition to avoid. Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 11:49 am

Well, not "Epic" Doom...that's what I meant to say...Wino's stuff certainly has it's roots in the beginnings of the Doom genre...The Obsessed, Saint Vitus, etc...that's original Doom...the offshoots of that incorporate other elements splitting into more defined sub-genres.

Under "Epic Doom", I'd put early Candlemass, Revelation, While Heaven Wept...

Under "Gothic Doom", I'd put My Dying Bride, early Paradise Lost, My Silent Wake...

Under "Traditional Doom", I'd put Wino stuff, Hour Of 13, Place Of Skulls, Lord Vicar, Reverend Bizarre...and even here, there are some stylistic differences...but no "grrr" vocals...all clean...some with a Blues edge, some without it...
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 12:28 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Under "Epic Doom", I'd put early Candlemass, Revelation, While Heaven Wept...

Under "Gothic Doom", I'd put My Dying Bride, early Paradise Lost, My Silent Wake...

Under "Traditional Doom", I'd put Wino stuff, Hour Of 13, Place Of Skulls, Lord Vicar, Reverend Bizarre...and even here, there are some stylistic differences...but no "grrr" vocals...all clean...some with a Blues edge, some without it...

I'll stick with "Traditional Doom", of course I'm sure that's not a big shock to anyone here.
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:02 pm

You ever heard While Heaven Wept? Brilliant stuff.
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Eyesore wrote:

That's about the third time they've been mentioned in this thread... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:09 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

That's about the third time they've been mentioned in this thread... Very Happy
Wish the two new albums would be released. Sad
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I'm checking out their myspace page now. Music sounds very good...but the vocalist has me running for the hills. I just can't stand the "operatic" vocal style, it sounds great in Opera...but should stay there.
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:14 pm

detuned wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I'm checking out their myspace page now. Music sounds very good...but the vocalist has me running for the hills. I just can't stand the "operatic" vocal style, it sounds great in Opera...but should stay there.
You might dig The Gates of Slumber.
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Eyesore wrote:

You might dig The Gates of Slumber.

Now THAT'S more like it!!!! I'm digging it! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Sabbath In Solitude
Metal novice
Metal novice
Sabbath In Solitude

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 12:36 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

SabbathInSolitude, if you dig While Heaven Wept, check out Revelation...

Yeah,I am familiar with them,it is all a matter of opinion of course,but I have always included them with all the other great east coast doom bands,I guess you could call them that ,but then you would have to include my friend Dennis Cornelius' old band Oversoul,his vocals remind me a lot of Brenner,which stands to reason since he was in Revelation.

I was really just wondering if there were any new bands going after that Solitude/Candlemass/Solstice/Sorcerer kind of ,as someone said,"operatic" vocal sound.

Doomshine is definitely catching my attention,guess I kind of missed them because of the name,IMO that name really sounds more traditional/stoner,it doesn't have that dramatic sound like the ones above, "WHILE HEAVEN WEPT"now that is an epic doom name if there ever was one,I have only heard the one track I have on a doom comp "Into The Wells Of Sorrow "
Smile Don't quote me,but I think it was from John Perez where I started using the term "epic",I think that is how he referred to early Solitude Aeturnus..........
Back to top Go down

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 am

I think they've been mentioned, but Apostle Of Solitude are a fantastic new band...clean vocals, HEAVY Doom...check them out on MySpace if you haven't...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Epic Doom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Epic Doom   Epic Doom - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epic Doom
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next