Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada) Empty
PostSubject: Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada)   Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 10:24 am

I got the first official release by young Canadian doomsters Funeral Circle in today, and damn, this is a scorcher! Imagine a more uptempo version of Epicus-era Candlemass with tons and tons (and I mean tons) of harmonies, and a vocalist that sounds like he belongs in a mental institution (say Scott Reagers meets Johan Langquist).

There's two tracks to be found on the label's myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/isentorr

Homunculus is more of a doom song, while Fist of Satan is more in the NWoBHM vein, yet still is one heavy mutha. Judging by the EP they're one of the best doom bands in recent years, together with the mighty The Lamp of Thoth. Recommended listening!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada)   Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 8:08 am

If I could listen at work, I'd go do it. Interesting description and I thought Lamp Of Thoth was kinda cool...
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada)   Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:02 am

The Lamp of Thoth is amazing imo. Both Funeral Circle and TLoT really stand out between the seemingly endless wave of Reverend Bizarre clones. Both bands have something really theatrical and quirky about them, TLoT even more so than Funeral Circle (come on, you can't hate a band with brilliant song titles like The Lamentations of my Fist, Ozzy's Ghost, Catweazle, and Sing as you slay!). But on the other hand, Funeral Circle has harmonies, and lots of 'em, which is a definite plus in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada)   Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:05 am

Guitar harmonies or vocal harmonies?
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada)   Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada) Icon_minitimeTue Dec 29, 2009 9:06 am

Guitar harmonies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada)   Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Funeral Circle (occult epic doom metal from Canada)
Page 1 of 1