Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which is your favorite epic track?

Go down 
+14
BearOnUnicycle
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
candlemass
Wrecked Neck
Leatherface
chewie
Required Fields
Witchfinder
Boris2008
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Wurthless
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Which one?
Rime of the Ancient Mariner [1984]
Which is your favorite epic track? Vote_lcap56%Which is your favorite epic track? Vote_rcap
 56% [ 14 ]
Halloween [1987]
Which is your favorite epic track? Vote_lcap20%Which is your favorite epic track? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 5 ]
Epitaph [1985]
Which is your favorite epic track? Vote_lcap16%Which is your favorite epic track? Vote_rcap
 16% [ 4 ]
Other?
Which is your favorite epic track? Vote_lcap8%Which is your favorite epic track? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

Which is your favorite epic track? Empty
PostSubject: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 2:29 pm

I love when a metal band makes a well-crafted 10 minute + song.

I was thinking about including Queensrÿche's "Roads to Madness" in here too, but it's a good 3 minutes shorter than the other songs I included.

Feel free to list another one (like Keeper of the Seven Keys, for instance) if you have a specific favorite out of the three I culled from my brain.

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 2:31 pm

I have to make my fan-boy status obvious, because Fates' "Epitaph" gets my vote.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Went with rime of the ancient mariner. Classic.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39594

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 3:05 pm

Rime Of The Ancient Mariner ! Love that song. Halloween comes in second.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 3:24 pm

Always liked "Halloween" (esp. this time of year). I dig "Rime" too but I'm sure that I've listened to "Halloween" way more over the years.

Not into FW so I'm not familiar with the third choice.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 4:19 pm

I voted other and there are too many to list from the likes of Subrosa. Triptykon, Agalloch, Saor, Alcest, Wolves in the Throne Room,, Panopticon, Selim Lemouchi & His Enemies. Mare Cognitum but I will post my favorite

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 7:20 pm

"Rime of the Ancient Mariner" for me.

I can't stand anything Helloween has ever done. The Fates Warning is good.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28447

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 7:21 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Went with rime of the ancient mariner. Classic.

As did I.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2016 9:28 pm

Went with Rime
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18937

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 1:27 am

Rime
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 2:55 am

I voted other, At War with Satan by Venom is my favorite song that I consider epic. A close second would be  Echoes, by Pink Floyd. Third would be Satan's Fall by Mercyful Fate. I could go on and on, because I love long songs. headbanger
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 9:19 am

Halloween, 'tis the season...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 11:50 am

Rime of the Ancient Mariner - no contest. A brilliant classic.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 11:58 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
At War with Satan by Venom headbanger

Which is your favorite epic track? 395375 Love this song. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 3:33 pm

I like Iron Maiden well enough but Rime is boring Sleep
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 5:14 pm

Another notch for 'Rime'. 'Halloween' isn't bad either, but I prefer Maiden. Not sure I know the FW tune.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2016 8:49 pm

Ivory Gate of Dreams, even though it sbasically a number of songs so im not sure whether its good for this thread or not. Halloween from thh choices here.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 689

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 1:42 am

Epitaph
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 1:34 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I like Iron Maiden well enough but Rime is boring Sleep

I agree. I mean, I love Maiden with all my heart, but the little creaky boards section in the middle seems to be inserted just to make it longer, and thus more epic, but it seems unnecessary to me. It is a great song otherwise, though.

Also Boris, that Gallowbraid track is awesome. I'll have to keep them in mind next time I'm in a black metal mood. It seems we like similar variants of that genre, because when you post some of it you listen to, I almost always enjoy it (like Saor especially; they're so damn good).

Last edited by Wurthless on Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 1:35 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Ivory Gate of Dreams, even though it sbasically a number of songs so im not sure whether its good for this thread or not. Halloween from thh choices here.

It flows well enough in my eyes to be considered an epic "track." At least, I view it as one huge collection of movements in prog-power metal.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 1:36 pm

assault_attack wrote:
Epitaph

you're not alone!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 1:37 pm

candlemass wrote:
Halloween, 'tis the season...

That was partly my motivation for including it in the poll (that and it's f*cking badass). "...AAAAAAHHH, it's Halloween..."
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39594

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 1:51 pm

Looks like a runaway for Rime.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 3:33 pm

I stuck with your choices, Noah, and went with Epitaph.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25871

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2016 3:54 pm

Of these 3 I'm going with Halloween.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is your favorite epic track?   Which is your favorite epic track? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which is your favorite epic track?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: