Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Defender - they Came Over the High Pass

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

Defender - they Came Over the High Pass Empty
PostSubject: Defender - they Came Over the High Pass   Defender - they Came Over the High Pass Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2007 4:03 pm

I have had this in the back of my mind for years, as far as something I might eventually get. I heard a few samples recently that sounded pretty good. Very classic Iron Maiden-ish.

anyone have this?

ack
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: Defender - they Came Over the High Pass   Defender - they Came Over the High Pass Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2007 10:57 am

So nobody has heard this? From what I have heard, a lot of you would like it.

ack
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Defender - they Came Over the High Pass   Defender - they Came Over the High Pass Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 10:57 am

I Have it here, it's a good album and indeed the thought of Iron maiden come to mind when listening to it, vocals to me are moree like Blaze than Bruce, and it was released on Necropolis Records which I though was strange for a band that style, it's well worth your $$$$
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Defender - they Came Over the High Pass   Defender - they Came Over the High Pass Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:04 am

I was interested in hearing it when it first came out but never got around to it. The head guy in Defender (his name slips my mind at the moment) was also in the death metal band "Afflicted" if memory serves me correctly.
I also thought it was odd that they released an album on Necropolis Records, which had mostly gore/grind/death/black metal bands on their roster. They didn't have great distribution back then either (they're out of business now), which may be why I never got hold of a copy of Defender.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Defender - they Came Over the High Pass   Defender - they Came Over the High Pass Icon_minitimeWed May 02, 2007 11:11 am

Never heard of 'em, but a quick search came up with this from BnRMetal...

Defender is the solo project of one Philip Von Segebaden, former guitarist for the death metal band Afflicted. Here the focus is not on death metal, but on power metal as is popular in Europe these days. But while many modern Euro power metal bands follow a very similar style, Defender's varied influences give the band a bit of an edge. There's some Iron Maiden melody, a bit of Manowar majesty, a slice of medieval-sounding riffs a la The Lord Weird Slough Feg, and capped by midrange vocals that are forceful but never overbearing. They Came Over The High Pass isn't quite groundbreaking, but it's good to hear a power metal band that manages to stray just a bit off the beaten path.
Von Segebaden currently plays in the band Dawn, and it appears that this project is on hold for the time being, if not disbanded.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defender - they Came Over the High Pass   Defender - they Came Over the High Pass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defender - they Came Over the High Pass
Page 1 of 1