Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Last day of high school for me

Go down 
+7
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
XYZ
Stender
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Last day of high school for me Empty
PostSubject: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:17 pm

Really weird feeling, almost like the first day of school.......
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:18 pm

Nice. Going to college?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:24 pm

xyz wrote:
Nice. Going to college?

Yeah planning on it, theres a communtity college 45min away from where I'm at where I'm going to get some pre-reqs done.

After that I want to go to Southern Oregon University in Ashland, OR studying Radio Journalism.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:35 pm

I know you've probably heard this a zilliion times but enjoy your time in high school and college.

After that, humdrum routine and responsibility sets in. I wish I had listened to my elders when I was in college. In retrospect, those were the best years of my life.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 8:36 pm

Man, I loved HS and missed it badly. College was cool as well. Listen to Toho, he's telling it true.

IF it's possible, don't commute. Go and live the college life. That makes it all the better!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 9:28 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Man, I loved HS and missed it badly. College was cool as well. Listen to Toho, he's telling it true.

IF it's possible, don't commute. Go and live the college life. That makes it all the better!

Yep, the "living on your own" thing makes a huge difference in forcing a person to grow up.

And thanks for the backup Scott; I swear, if I could go back in time and freeze it, I'd pick my years in college.

Scary thing is...

apparently the college experience hasn't changed much. Look at the difference in my age and Scott's

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 10:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Yep, the "living on your own" thing makes a huge difference in forcing a person to grow up.

And thanks for the backup Scott; I swear, if I could go back in time and freeze it, I'd pick my years in college.

Scary thing is...

apparently the college experience hasn't changed much. Look at the difference in my age and Scott's[/quote]

I would live at the community college dorms if it wasnt so expensive, I'm getting a killer deal because my grandparents live in the town of the college so I can chill at their pad. When I'm ready for Southern Oregon, I will live on campus though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 8:03 pm

The only thing I miss about high school was how easy the work was. Looking back from where I am now, it seems like it was kidnergarten.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:42 pm

I lived at home while I went to college, but it was still.... different.

I agree, one of the coolest and most carefree times in life. Enjoy it, bro! Last day of high school for me 811939
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 9:54 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I lived at home while I went to college, but it was still.... different.

I agree, one of the coolest and most carefree times in life. Enjoy it, bro! Last day of high school for me 811939

Definitely the best time of my life!

TT is right, cool and carefree; it's the time before life punches you in the teeth and reality sets in.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 6:45 am

I've got FIVE more days of school left. Then a week for a bunch of senior crap like senior breakfast, and the graduation ceremony. Then with no delay, I'm taking summer classes at a local community colleges.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:42 pm

Middle School sucked, High School was an improvement, the Navy in retrospect was much more enjoyable than High School (I would have stayed in if someone back home didn't desperatly need my help), and college while not too bad, I would have loved to start over. I got so far into debt, far behind in my grades to advance towards my business degree (need a B, I had a high C-I was starting to run out of electives to move up my GPA) so now I am working two jobs to pay off the debt and trying to find a career that doesn't require a bachelor's degree. Enjoy your college years and make sure you have some idea what you want to do with whatever degree your going for and make sure it is something you KNOW you can follow through with and your heart will be in, that way you can avoid some of the mistakes I made. God bless or good luck, whichever you believe in.

As for living the college life, I wasn't about to do that because a. it would have been much more expensive and b. I had the option of living at my dad's house with no rent or utilities as long as I was a full-time student and kept the house in order (my dad is only home 3-4 days a month).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:55 pm

Congrats on escaping from High School in one piece.

Wow, that sounded bitter didn't it?? Laughing
I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I greatly preferred my college experience over high school. My four years of High school were something to be endured, rather than enjoyed. I didn't have much fun there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 12:57 pm

The high school years were great. The act of going to school blew horny after shave lovin' zoo monkeys.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:37 am

2 MORE DAYS!!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 1:51 am

high school was cool, college was better... real life, however, is just the best. it only gets better bro.

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 2:27 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but I greatly preferred my college experience over high school. My four years of High school were something to be endured, rather than enjoyed. I didn't have much fun there.

Mine was a violent place. Didn't learn a thing there.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:41 pm

ONE MORE DAY
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 4:49 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

My high school wasn't violent, I just had one heckuva anti-social streak back then. To this day I bet a lot of the kids I graduated with thought I didn't speak English, or I was mute.

Of course, as the saying goes, it's those quiet ones you gotta watch out for... hehehehehehe

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 6:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

My high school wasn't violent, I just had one heckuva anti-social streak back then. To this day I bet a lot of the kids I graduated with thought I didn't speak English, or I was mute.

Of course, as the saying goes, it's those quiet ones you gotta watch out for... hehehehehehe

LOL!

I always thought high school was joke - I didn't really learn how to be a good student until I got to college. My college GPA was way higher than my HS GPA. I agree with on the HS was endured. The best think about my time in HS was discovering new music (metallica, slayer, anthrax, etc)
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

LOL!

I always thought high school was joke - I didn't really learn how to be a good student until I got to college. My college GPA was way higher than my HS GPA. I agree with on the HS was endured. The best think about my time in HS was discovering new music (metallica, slayer, anthrax, etc)

My highschool GPA was 2.0 for the first couple of years, until I figured out that it was easier to just go through the motions and stay out of trouble.
My college GPA was 3.8 until I went back to finish after an illness and became an "adult learner" who was more interested in learning than in grades at that point. Still, I think my final HS GPA was about 2.5, and my college 3.5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 7:58 pm

Got two weeks left...
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:47 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Got two weeks left...

Haha...sucker!

Just kidding man, hey this is going to sound dumb but enjoy it while you have it bro, I've been out for less then a week and I already kind of miss it. My graduation is tommorow night.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 8:53 pm

That missing part will soon leave, Stender. You're just in kind of a limbo right now. In between high school and the next step, whatever that will be.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitimeThu Jun 05, 2008 9:32 pm

spectrefate wrote:
That missing part will soon leave, Stender. You're just in kind of a limbo right now. In between high school and the next step, whatever that will be.

Yeah I know it......I had this dream the other night that I didnt do my homework and when I woke up it was school....really weird, probably a side effect of that "in limbo" state.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last day of high school for me   Last day of high school for me Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Last day of high school for me
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next