Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.

Go down 
+3
tohostudios
akeldama
7 posters
AuthorMessage
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Empty
PostSubject: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Yet two more pro wrestlers die. Luna was found dead at her mother's home while she was living there after her own house caught fire. She was 48.

Anthony Osborne, who often worked under the name Tough Tony Borne, passed away this morning at his home at the age of 83. Osborne was one of the Pacific Northwest's top stars in the 60s and formed a tag team with Lonnie Mayne (Moondog Mayne) that was considered one of the best ever in that area.

Osborne was also the father of Matt Borne (Doink the Clown).

We would like to send our condolences to the friends and family of Anthony Osborne.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Two more wrestlers I enjoyed watching over the years.

I especially enjoyed Luna with her "I gargle with acid" voice and tattoos. She was a real badass persona.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Vachon is a shock. I never heard of Tough Tony but at least he lived to the ripe old age of 83. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 7:26 pm

Luna has some connection to Nasty Savage I believe. RIP to both. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Just read about Vachon. Truly one of the best and creepiest female wrestlers of all time, I remember her when she was the manager of Shawn Michaels and later, Bam Bam Bigelow. Never knew Borne, just his son who was the first Doink. R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2010 11:04 pm

Wow some names I know. I wonder what Luna died from.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 12:19 am

Although 48 is too young to die, for those of us who are believers it is comforting to know she died with the Lord in her heart (I know, of all people to become born again, a sadistic mad woman formally of Kevin Sullivan's satanic group).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:36 pm

I never saw Tony wrestle but his son Matt use to wrestle here in Dallas...Luna was one of a kind for sure...RIP
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:48 pm

To update the story, Luna Vachon was actually living on her own at the time of her death, and not actually living with her mother. Her mother did discover her body, which was found in a pool of blood - with her face on a piece of pizza according to the Pasco County, FL, Sheriff's office, on August 27th. As TMZ noted, the investigation team discovered a sniffing straw, with the belief is that she had been sniffing Oxycodone (Oxycontin). Several prescription medication bottles were also discovered, as Luna was bipolar, and took medicine for her extreme mood swings. Her former husband, Dave "Gangrel" Heath noted that she had been suffering from depression after a fire that destroyed her entire house and memorabilia as well as some pets who also died in the fire.

The autopsy has been completed, and the investigation is being treated as a drug overdose.
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ricky

Number of posts : 255

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:54 pm

sad way to go..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 12:06 am

Very sad. Being from the NW I remember hearing about Tough Tony but he was mostly before my time. He went into real estate when he retired from wrestling.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.   Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Luna Vachon & Tough Tony Borne pass away.
Page 1 of 1