Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help firing a band member

Go down 
+9
Olafsto
Lurideath
Schbopo
the sentinel
manny
mc666
MetalRob331
James B.
White_Mage
13 posters
AuthorMessage
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

Need help firing a band member Empty
PostSubject: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:07 pm

I need some advice, my band wants to fire out rythm guitar player because we dont get along musicaly anymore.

The problem is I dont see us being freinds after we fire him, has anyone else been in this position need some help letting him down easy
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm

be honest and do it as a band
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:15 pm

I have actually went through countless vocalists when I was younger. Tell him that musically you are going in 2 different directions and its not healthy for the band. If he is a friend he will understand and still support you.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 pm

have Tonya Harding bust his knee caps

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:45 pm

You could all wake him up in the morning, stand around him, inform him he is fired and drive him to the Greyhound bus station, wait a minute that is a scene from the Metallica's Behind the Music, never mind....
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:47 pm

give him a flyer promoting guitar lessons
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:48 pm

Cut the brake lines on his car.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:53 pm

James B. wrote:
be honest and do it as a band

Seconded. Take the mature approach and be honest and you will have nothing to regret. Good luck, bro.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:55 pm

Tell him your band has changed musical direction and now you will perform exclusively death metal versions of TV show theme songs. And he is not evil or cool enough to play in such a band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:56 pm

manny wrote:
Tell him your band has changed musical direction and now you will perform exclusively death metal versions of TV show theme songs. And he is not evil or cool enough to play in such a band.

That band would be a big hit with the HisPANICs. just kidding
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 7:58 pm

TV Show theme songs are huge in the hisPANIC community!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 8:00 pm

manny wrote:
TV Show theme songs are huge in the hisPANIC community!!!!!

MOVIN' ON UP WOOOOOOOOOOARGH! TO THE EAST SIDE WOAAAAAAAAAARGH! (Badass solo)
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 9:25 pm

Been through it too many times to count. Just tell him up front that its not working out musically.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:31 am

Mother him. Maybe dab his brow with a damp washcloth. If he strikes out, be understanding and try to nurture his wounded ego. You have to understand that this young man has put his life's blood into this project. He did the very best he could. And, now, to hear his band is kicking him to the curb and abandoning him....well, it just may be too much to bare. He will probably now slip into a drunken suicidal depression of epic Pete Willis-like proportions.

I just hope you can all live with yourselves after this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 12:35 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
Mother him. Maybe dab his brow with a damp washcloth. If he strikes out, be understanding and try to nurture his wounded ego. You have to understand that this young man has put his life's blood into this project. He did the very best he could. And, now, to hear his band is kicking him to the curb and abandoning him....well, it just may be too much to bare. He will probably now slip into a drunken suicidal depression of epic Pete Willis-like proportions.

I just hope you can all live with yourselves after this.

Need help firing a band member 647664
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 2:11 am

Have the rest of the band put on your oh so scary corpse paint, make him sit down and actually listen to your music.
Maybe you wount have to fire him........
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 3:36 am

mc666 wrote:
have Tonya Harding bust his knee caps

At work recently, I had a customer whose last name was Kerrigan, and then right after that a customer whose last name was Harding. How strange.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2009 4:05 am

He should ask James and Lars for their opinion.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Fake your own deaths and flee the country.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2009 12:24 pm

Keep it simple: just say "Dude, get the f*ck out."

Then change the locks on your rehearsal room. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help firing a band member   Need help firing a band member Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need help firing a band member
Page 1 of 1