Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...

Go down 
+16
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
SAHB Healer
mc666
the sentinel
DallasBlack
Schbopo
shamgar75
metalinmyveins
rattpoison
stepcousin
Chairman_Smith
Thrasher73
GrandNational
manny
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
manny wrote:
I have a question that would stump the trunk:

Who Played Guitar in Van Halen?

Eddie something......

What's his last name?

lol!

On a similar note, No KISS = No Van Halen = No shredders
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:09 pm

mc666 wrote:
it's pop culture... is it really worth caring this much about?

/thread Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 2:17 pm

mc666 wrote:
Good point.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 3:34 pm

sam wrote:
mc666 wrote:

/thread Cool

It is in the sense that the pervasiveness regarding absolute cluelessness seems to still be an issue in the music industry, and it's 2009! One could almost understand this 20 years ago back in 1989, when Metallica was slighted for a Grammy, because this was expected. At least the Grammy's for all intents and purposes have gotten their act together.

I understand when there are flaws in a system, but the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and their process is an absolute train wreck. It makes the M.L.B. Hall of Fame and the B.C.S. system for college football look competent. One can only hope that when Lars takes the microphone; he mentions the injustice that is going on within, and mentions the likes of Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Rush, Kiss, etc...
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:16 pm

http://www.sexpistolsofficial.com/index.php?module=features&features_item_id=95

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 7:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
http://www.sexpistolsofficial.com/index.php?module=features&features_item_id=95

Yet another reason to love The Pistols! Very Happy

And really, I don't have a problem with who they're inducting, just when they're doing it. The Stooges should have been in ages ago, and where the hell is Yes?
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 8:25 pm

[quote="Schbopowhere the hell is Yes?[/quote]

in the world of no Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:53 pm

manny wrote:
I have a question that would stump the trunk:

Who Played Guitar in Van Halen?

Laughing very hard Yeah, the Stump the Trunk thing is pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2009 12:58 am

metalinmyveins wrote:
sam wrote:
mc666 wrote:

/thread Cool

It is in the sense that the pervasiveness regarding absolute cluelessness seems to still be an issue in the music industry, and it's 2009! One could almost understand this 20 years ago back in 1989, when Metallica was slighted for a Grammy, because this was expected. At least the Grammy's for all intents and purposes have gotten their act together.

I understand when there are flaws in a system, but the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and their process is an absolute train wreck. It makes the M.L.B. Hall of Fame and the B.C.S. system for college football look competent. One can only hope that when Lars takes the microphone; he mentions the injustice that is going on within, and mentions the likes of Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, Rush, Kiss, etc...
Lars won't say crap, it is too big a deal to be inducted. The people that nominate the bands are Rolling Stone elite and critics. They had a problem with a lot of these bands that have not even been nominated. They had problems with Metallica until Metallica started putting out music post ...And Justice for All. And those albums are the albums that unfortunately fans of the band have been unhaapy with and indiffernt about. Alice Cooper, Ted Nugent, Boston, Grand Funk Railroad, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest and so on have been far from media darlings, they have had harsh criticisims on their albums from the critics yet the fans love them, and because of that the critics just don't/ won't get it. Honestly the best thing to do is probably write Rolling Stone Magazine editor with the complaints. The head guy at Rolling Stone Mag is on the Hall of Fame board and is one of the members that has problems with guys like Ted Nugent being in the hall of fame.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...   Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Metallica getting into RnR Hall of Fame...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3