Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jury Duty

Go down 
+33
Medieval Torture Device
Glower
DakotaRogers
Dark Horseman
nevermore
James B.
corplhicks
DallasBlack
Citanul
Orion Crystal Ice
A Handful of Wayne
ultmetal
jstate
Required Fields
DeathCult
exact33
bgast1
MetalGuy71
MetalH
Addy
Troublezone
Leatherface
mc666
the sentinel
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
sam
Stender
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Schbopo
XYZ
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 30, 2010 9:40 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I got my check in today's mail for my jury duty service -- ten whole bucks. Woot, I'm rich. Nevermind that I burned about $20 in gas going back and forth over the course of those two days and probably another $15 for two days' worth of lunch. I plan to spend it on beer. Laughing

They mail you the check? They give it to us the same day when you're dismissed, which I was. Totally worth missing a day of work for $13 bucks. Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_rolleyes

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

They mail you the check?

New Jersey is so broke right now that I suppose I'm lucky they paid me at all.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wish me luck. I report for jury duty tomorrow.

Guess they didn't need you?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 31, 2010 2:10 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Wish me luck. I report for jury duty tomorrow.

Guess they didn't need you?

Nope. I got dismissed early. I think with it being Passover, they were looking to close shop early that day. I was out by 11:15 am. I never even got a chance to spew my rhetoric about the court system, shady lawyers, guilt by association, etc.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:40 am

Dammit dammit dammit! I got another summons for Jury Duty in yesterday's mail!! Has it been three years already??

...yeah actually, going by the posts in this thread, it's been three years and one month. @#$%. I guess they dinged me as soon as I went back on the "available" list.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:43 am

I've never had to do this Razz butt dance
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:51 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

They saw the cape and just assumed you were a costumed vigilate that serves your own brand of street justice. Or mentally challenged. Wink

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:05 am

That's not too far off Razz \'arry \'eadbanger
Back to top Go down
Citanul
Metal master
Metal master
Citanul

Number of posts : 657

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:06 am

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:

Nor have I. But then I do live in a country that doesn't have a jury system.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 5:48 am

I've been lucky with jury duty (except the fact that I lose work hours-at least it's an excused absence) as each time they only needed so many people and I was not one of them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 1:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Dammit dammit dammit! I got another summons for Jury Duty in yesterday's mail!! Has it been three years already??

...yeah actually, going by the posts in this thread, it's been three years and one month. @#$%. I guess they dinged me as soon as I went back on the "available" list.

I think you cursed me by posting this....... got a notice for Jury duty....... for US Circuit Court, which is 40+ miles from me and a 2 1/2 hour drive in DC traffic...... I am REALLY hoping I don't have to go in - the notice said I call a number on May 31st and I could be called for any day during the two weeks after May 31st..... I am working on my questioning speech "I don't believe we can ever know if someone is guilty or not - everything is hear-say and not having viewed the crime in person, there is now way I can know for sure."
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 2:59 pm

I'm 33 years old, a citizen of America, registered to vote, have a legal driver's license, social security, even a business license and state tax cert, and have never once been called for jury duty. Is there anyone else like that out there?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:24 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I think you cursed me by posting this....... got a notice for Jury duty....... for US Circuit Court, which is 40+ miles from me and a 2 1/2 hour drive in DC traffic...... I am REALLY hoping I don't have to go in - the notice said I call a number on May 31st and I could be called for any day during the two weeks after May 31st..... I am working on my questioning speech "I don't believe we can ever know if someone is guilty or not - everything is hear-say and not having viewed the crime in person, there is now way I can know for sure."

whoa - those are the kinds of jury duty summons you dont want to get.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:29 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Daaaaaamn. Maybe you're gonna be on the Boston Bomber's trial!!

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

It's all been building up to this. Shocked
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 3:54 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

Yeah, I'm worried about something like that!!!!!!!

But I will make sure I get out of that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:18 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

Well, the zero hour nears. I have to call the phone # on my jury summons after 5 today, to find out if I have to report to the courthouse tomorrow morning.

Aaaack!! The suspense is already killing me!!!

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 4:17 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Well, the zero hour nears. I have to call the phone # on my jury summons after 5 today, to find out if I have to report to the courthouse tomorrow morning.

I had to call my number on Friday, which told me not to report today.... and I have to call back after 6PM today again.....
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Razz

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 10:08 pm

Call me Juror. I gotta report at 8:30 tomorrow morning in scenic downtown Paterson. Aaaaack. Sad

Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 8:20 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Call me Juror. I gotta report at 8:30 tomorrow morning in scenic downtown Paterson. Aaaaack. Sad

Ouch... hopefully you won't be there long!!! I called my number last night.... and have to call back again on Friday after 6PM....... I am technically "on call" until Fri 6/14.....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:47 pm

Well, that was quick. Reported for Jury Duty today. Sat around in the juror waiting room all morning till they called us all into a court room and went thru the jury selection process for a case. I didn't get picked, the judge sent all of us leftovers back to the waiting room, and when we got there we were told that we were all officially dismissed cuz it's a slow week and that was the only case on the docket.

Woohoo! Relatively painless...

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:46 pm

I was hoping ya got the case of the cross dressing clown hermaphodite exposing themselves to all the dock workers on the Jersy shore.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 9:10 am

While glancing thru the paper yesterday I noticed a news story about the court case that I would've been listening to if I'd been picked for Jury Duty last week.  The plaintiff was a woman who was suing "Marshall's" (the clothing store chain) for a foot injury she claimed was caused by a slip and fall in one of their stores.

Mind you, even if they had gotten around to interviewing me for the jury on this case, I would've been bounced pretty quickly... cuz the first question they asked each prospective juror was "do you have any pre-conceived notions about cases like these?" and my response would've been "Yeah, I think the plaintiffs in most of them are totally full of shit and they're just trying to make a quick buck" Haha.

Well, this lady must've made a pretty compelling case cuz the paper sez that she was awarded $850,000, plus an additional $250K to her husband, for loss of "household duties" stemming from his wife's permanent injury. Daaaaaaaamn! She gots PAID!

When I told my wife about the husband's chunk-o-change, she sez "What, the husband can't cook his own meals or do house work? Suck it up, candy ass." Laughing very hard

I'm in the wrong line of work. 'Scuse me while I go fall down in a Wal-Mart. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2013 10:17 am

My father-in-law took a fall one time in a supermarket. Wet floor with no Slippery when Wet cones up. Wasn't that bad at all, and he didn't even complain. Manager gave him a $2500 check and hundreds of dollars in gift cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jury Duty - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jury Duty   Jury Duty - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jury Duty
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next