Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!

Go down 
+16
tohostudios
Troublezone
scottmitchell74
EvyMetal
SideShowDisaSter
jstate
sam
mc666
DallasBlack
akeldama
Stender
DeathCult
manny
Fat Freddy
XYZ
Svengo
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Empty
PostSubject: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:41 pm

Ya gotta read this one, it's priceless. I almost didn't believe this was real.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0430091jury1.html
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:50 pm

laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:55 pm

BRILLIANT!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Pure Genius!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:10 pm

Id like to shake that guys hand, that was brillant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 10:12 pm

Hahahaha....
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:12 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:57 am

That shows some balls. Kuddos to that man. Jury Duty is important but to take people out of their jobs (where they make their living) and pay them chicken feed (I understand they don't compensate you nearly enough) instead is total BS as far as I'm concerned. I was lucky that the ony time I was ever summoned for jury duty I was a full time college student and was exempt.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:12 am

he sounds like a douchebag Rolling Eyes

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:56 am

at least he was honest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:57 pm

The best thing about it was going through all that and then self censoring the F word at the end. As if that would have been too much.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 10:52 pm

jstate wrote:
The best thing about it was going through all that and then self censoring the F word at the end. As if that would have been too much.

Yah, I found that part to be VERY funny! lol! As if sh*t, G.D., etc were perfectly fine, but f**k might have been pushing it.

Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:06 am

Grow some balls or move out of the country.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:41 am

EvyMetal wrote:
Grow some balls or move out of the country.

Why grow balls if someone can just watch Adult Swim, smoke pot, and eat Fritos all day? America is smurfed. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:28 am

Ugh...something's wrong with me, because I don't find it funny......but I also understand the pressure of a tight budget.

However, jury service is part of what supposed to be great about our country.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:13 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:19 am

When I got called for jury duty, I just looked for a way to get myself disqualified.

Didn't take long. The defendant's lawyer said his client had a felony conviction on his record and asked if that would color anyone's opinion of his testimony. I couldn't get my hand in the air fast enough. Duh, stupid question.

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 9:45 am

If I ever get in I'll just start saying "FRY 'EM JUDGE, FRY 'EM!!!!!" Under normal circumstances that would get me out of jury duty...but since I live in Texas they would probably put me in charge of the damn thing....
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 12:22 pm

Shortly after moving to TN i got a summons for Jury Duty in CT, luckily I got excused from it

That did take some balls, and with the economy being in the state that its in i dont blame the guy one bit
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:15 pm

detuned wrote:
If I ever get in I'll just start saying "FRY 'EM JUDGE, FRY 'EM!!!!!" Under normal circumstances that would get me out of jury duty...but since I live in Texas they would probably put me in charge of the damn thing....
That would be even funnier if there weren't some truth to it. My dad is from Texas and I still have quite a few relatives there and spent quite a few summers while I was growing up in the state.
I still remember as a kid sitting in the living-room of a relative in Fort Worth where they were discussing the best way to execute criminals so as to cause them the most pain.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:50 pm

My lone time getting called I was disqualified because the defense attorney was a friend of mine's father. It was probably the right thing because I really couldn't stand the guy and would have had trouble believing a word from his mouth. Funny thing was he looked so disappointed when I got up and explained how I knew him thus insuring I wasn't going to be seated.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:01 pm

The last time I was called, it was for a criminal case. I was dismissed after I told the lawyers that I'd be more likely to believe the testamony of police officers. In my mind, if you've made it that far through the judicial system, you're guilty of something.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 12:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:
When I got called for jury duty, I just looked for a way to get myself disqualified.

Didn't take long. The defendant's lawyer said his client had a felony conviction on his record and asked if that would color anyone's opinion of his testimony. I couldn't get my hand in the air fast enough. Duh, stupid question.

I actually did the exact same thing, but if you think about it from a logical standpoint. I think this was the guys 3rd coviction for the same exact thing, along with witnesses who SAW him do it. What am I supposed to think, he was "framed?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 8:12 pm

I can't wait to be called to jury duty. I think it's exciting stuff.
Back to top Go down
MetalH
Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2009 11:11 pm

I was summoned for jury duty once, but the defendant ended up pleading guilty before we could get selected. Luckily though, my job pays you if you have to go do jury duty on days that you are scheduled. For example if you work Monday through Friday and you get summoned for Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, you'll get paid for those days. Kinda nice.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!   Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Best Request Letter To Be Be Excused From Jury Duty Ever!!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next