Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book

Go down 
+13
Shawn Of Fire
Boris2008
Witchfinder
Troublezone
nevermore
mikeinfla
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
Gilbert
manny
Wrecked Neck
Fat Freddy
Glower
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Empty
PostSubject: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 7:06 pm

I’m kinda excited about this -
Not expecting much dirt -
But he’s a metal journeyman!
It’ll be a fun read - anyone have any thoughts ?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 7:31 pm

My reporter friend got an advance copy from the publisher. He sez it was "a collection of sour grapes."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 7:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
My reporter friend got an advance copy from the publisher. He sez it was "a collection of sour grapes."
Won't be buying it if that's the case. Which sucks, because when I first heard about it I was really excited about reading it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 10:07 pm

I will read it at some point, but I am surprised it is such a negative book, since he quit the band, not fired
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9875

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2018 11:53 pm

Wish he would go back to playing with the band.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 9:22 am

Can't wait to read it. I hope it does expose all the dirt.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 10:17 am

manny wrote:
I will read it at some point, but I am surprised it is such a negative book, since he quit the band, not fired

If reports are to be believed, it sounds like KK is somewhat regretting his departure. His post-Priest ventures didn't seem to work out (the golf resort, and remember the cologne?), he sold off his music rights, presumably for quick cash and now, Priest seems perfectly fine moving-on without him.

This could be his last ditch effort to make some noise, which unfortunately means pissing on his former band mates.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 12:33 pm

KK on Mitch Lafon

https://omny.fm/shows/rock-talk-with-mitch-lafon/k-k-downing-king-crimson-and-foreigner-helloween
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 1:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
This could be his last ditch effort to make some noise, which unfortunately means pissing on his former band mates.

He has the right to give his perspective on the way things went down in that band, just as they do.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Can't wait to read it.  I hope it does expose all the dirt.  
So because of your dislike for them, you'll believe every word he says, if it's negative towards them huh? Three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

He has the right to give his perspective on the way things went down in that band, just as they do.

Yup. I'm not debating or taking sides. I'm just saying. It's unlikely I'll read it anyway. I just don't read as much as I used to.

Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 1:47 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
So because of your dislike for them, you'll believe every word he says, if it's negative towards them huh? Three sides to every story, yours, mine and the truth.

My dislike for who exactly? JP is tied for my favorite band ever.

They have every opportunity to respond to anything negative he says. They are not gentle flowers who need to be protected from unkind words. Every band and person has problems.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 2:28 pm

A friend of mine ordered a copy for him and myself (a belated birthday gift for me). As far as sour grapes aren't a lot of these books this way? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 2:35 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

My dislike for who exactly?   JP is tied for my favorite band ever.
Really? Seems to me that every post you've made about them is very negative. Maybe I have mistaken you for someone else, or maybe I've read what you wrote wrong, but you don't seem like much of a fan of theirs. Which is fine with me, not everyone has good taste in music lol

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 4:34 am

I'm definitely getting this book!

KK seems to be a fair and balanced guy. I'm not expecting anything like the Rex Brown memoir, but I know KK just tells it like it is.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 6:48 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Really? Seems to me that every post you've made about them is very negative. Maybe I have mistaken you for someone else, or maybe I've read what you wrote wrong, but you don't seem like much of a fan of theirs. Which is fine with me, not everyone has good taste in music lol

In defense of ToB, he is a huge fan, however he is not a fan of Firepower. I think that is what he has been critical of and not the band. He doesn't like it and that's fine by me. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7610

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 9:13 am

If you are hoping that this book will dish the dirt, you are going to be disappointed.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 1:21 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

In defense of ToB, he is a huge fan, however he is not a fan of Firepower. I think that is what he has been critical of and not the band. He doesn't like it and that's fine by me. I love it!
Ah, maybe that's what I'm remembering.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 6:52 pm

Yeah, I've been very negative about where the band is now and the quality of the last two albums.

But their discography and achievements in metal are amazing. Huge fan overall.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 8:35 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
Yeah, I've been very negative about where the band is now and the quality of the last two albums.

But their discography and achievements in metal are amazing.  Huge fan overall.

It's amazing how fans of the same band can have completely different perspectives. I honestly think Firepower has the best songs since Defenders but don't really like Sacred Cows like Painkiller and Screaming for Vengeance (well, I do quite like them but certainly don't think that they are near the top of the pile)

Looking at it objectively I just put it down to the fact that I'm right and everyone else is wrong. Razz
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Imo, everything Priest has done since Painkiller has been a bit forced or generic (although I do like certain songs from every album). That said, I think Firepower is the best thing they've done since 1990. The previous album was decent but suffered a horrible production.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 12:47 pm

Priest, IMO, have had very few true missteps in their career. Overall, they stay true to playing heavy metal...can't fault them for that.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2018 1:00 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Priest, IMO, have had very few true missteps in their career. Overall, they stay true to playing heavy metal...can't fault them for that.

This!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 10:02 am

Had to look it up - 18 releases ( that’d be a cool trivia question - name them in order )
And a staggering 50 million copies sold.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2018 12:23 am

Been reading a lot of stories on this situation. Didn't realize things were this bad between them.

One article (interview) was KK saying before he left, the rest of the band couldn't keep up with him and he had to slow down for them:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/k-k-downing-judas-priest-last-tour/
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book   K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

K.K Downing - Heavy Duty - new book
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: