Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Please help me get out of jury duty!

Go down 
+12
ultmetal
GrandNational
The_Jayroh
adrian
Fat Freddy
James B.
manny
A Handful of Wayne
DallasBlack
exact33
brokentulsa
Cognitive Dissonance
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

Please help me get out of jury duty! Empty
PostSubject: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:18 pm

I might have to go to jury duty. I'm really nervous about it. I hate all aspects of government anyways. I had some ideas about getting out of it, but I heard there was something called "contempt of court"? Not to mention NY state only pays 40 bucks a day. Here are my ideas:
1) Tell them I have a blood clot condition and I'm employed by myself in the warehouse-the only other employees are two old ladies. They can't do any heavy lifting or run the tow motor etc.

2) Wear my "9/11 was an inside job" cut off T- shirt and accuse every one there of either being Freemasons, Illuminati or pedophiles. (Actually I believe this is true but I don't know how this will be received.)

3) Bring a whole bunch of Joes and Cobras and play war with my action figures.

Please advise, this isn't a joke!
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:50 pm

This is guaranteed to work in all 50 states...Tell them you are racist and use some racial slurs while you do it....(of course I have confederate flags tattooed on my forearms so its a given when people see me. Razz )
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 5:55 pm

#2 ought to do the trick....

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 6:13 pm

When asked how you feel about the death penalty, tell them "Hang them all and let God sort them out!" Will not work in Texas however. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:22 pm

exact33 wrote:

really? #3 sounded funnier. #2 might get him killed or possibly on the judges next trial.

you might be lucky and your number not get called. i was in the lower 400's and my number didnt come up a few months back.

The first time I went was about 12 years ago. I went in there with my Mercyful Fate T shirt on and I kind of looked like a slob lol. I ended up having to go there for 2 days because I had to wait for them to get to my name. I didn't want to be there. They finally got to me and asked me some questions about what I do and if I would be a good choice to be in the jury. I said I couldn't sit and listen or pay attention to the case. The Judge asked me what I did at the time for work I told him nothing I was in a band. The judge asked the lawyer what he wanted to do about me and they let me go. Not sure that would work now though.

Where in NY are you from Cognitive?

Last edited by Phoenix Reign Drummer on Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:25 pm

Just tell them about your conspiracy theories and if you the judge does not send you to the rubber room, you will never be called to jury duty ever again.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:34 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
exact33 wrote:

really? #3 sounded funnier. #2 might get him killed or possibly on the judges next trial.

you might be lucky and your number not get called. i was in the lower 400's and my number didnt come up a few months back.

The first time I went was about 12 years ago. I went in there with my Mercyful Fate T shirt on and I kind of looked like a slob lol. I ended up having to go there for 2 days because I had to wait for them to get to my name. I didn't want to be there. They finally got to me and asked me some questions about what I do and if I would be a good choice to be in the jury. I said I couldn't sit and listen or pay attention to the case. The Judge asked me what I did at the time for work I told him nothing I was in a band. The judge asked the lawyer what he wanted to do about me and they let me go. Not sure that would work now though.

Where in NY are you from Cognitive?

wearing a t shirt that 9/11 was an inside job and the government is a bunch of conspirators should show a sufficient level mental inbalance.

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:40 pm

People love the freedoms/liberties of our nation but kick cicvil responsibility to the curb.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2011 9:41 pm

James B. wrote:
People love the freedoms/liberties of our nation but kick cicvil responsibility to the curb.

Aint that the truth!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:17 am

manny wrote:
James B. wrote:

Aint that the truth!

it really is. Just like those occupiers who despise corporations but are all too happy to use their products...

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:47 am

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:
James B. wrote:

Aint that the truth!

it really is. Just like those occupiers who despise corporations but are all too happy to use their products...

i did this surprised when the OWS organization in New york sent the OWS in Oakland 10 or 20 (don't recall) thousand dollars to cover bail expebses for protesters and they put it the same bank they vandalized days before.

Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:47 pm

James B. wrote:

If we were living in a true democracy, yes. BTW, it's Buffalo, NY.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Cognitive Dissonance wrote:
James B. wrote:

What does that have to do with anything ? You still enjoy liberties and freedoms that most humans on earth will never experience, regardless if we are a democracy, a republic, or whatever.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:51 pm

Meh, just suck it up. It won't kill ya.

I served jury duty for two days last year. Wasn't crazy about it but I'd dodged the bullet numerous times over the years so I guess my number finally came up. I treated it as an excuse to blow off work for a couple of days and people-watch.

...and the plaintiff in the case I listened to was a cute chick, so that was a bonus. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:00 pm

James B. wrote:
James B. wrote:

What does that have to do with anything ? You still enjoy liberties and freedoms that most humans on earth will never experience, regardless if we are a democracy, a republic, or whatever.

BTW,I have done my "civic duty". I drove a tank in the First Gulf War. Did 10 years in the national guard. I hate every country on this earth, including this one. If I want to have a certian viewpoint, wether you agree with it or not it's my "right",yes?
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:34 pm

I think number 2 will be most successful
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:57 pm

James B. wrote:
James B. wrote:

BTW,I have done my "civic duty". I drove a tank in the First Gulf War. Did 10 years in the national guard. I hate every country on this earth, including this one. If I want to have a certian viewpoint, wether you agree with it or not it's my "right",yes?

First off, thank you for your service. And yes, you have a right to your viepoint(s). The difference in your defintion of civic duty is that one is an obligation and what you did was voluntary. .

Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:27 pm

I've been on a Grand Jury before and it wasn't that bad. We viewed 256 cases and around 200 of them were all possession of meth. I HATE child abuse cases. It's impossible to tell who is telling the truth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:54 pm

That's what I mean. I don't have time for people's foolishness. Even when I was sleeping in my car, broke and homeless, I didn't rob anybody, assault old ladies, break in someone's house or even steal food. I don't have patience for people who lack any kind of morals or integrity.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:15 pm

That's what I mean. I don't have time for people's foolishness. Even when I was sleeping in my car, broke and homeless, I didn't rob anybody, assault old ladies, break in someone's house or even steal food. I don't have patience for people who lack any kind of morals or integrity.

I hear you on that - people do the dumbest things and then get caught...

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:12 pm

. I don't have patience for people who lack any kind of morals or integrity.

This is classic.......you mention the morals and integrity of an alleged criminal. Then come here requesting people to give you ideals on how to lie to get out of doing something surprised

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:36 am

I had to go back in '09, but never got called. There were a couple of hundred of us, and only 12 or so were needed. Wasted 8 hours, but had a book with me and they had computers you could use, so it wasn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
Cognitive Dissonance
Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 8:32 am

James B. wrote:
. I don't have patience for people who lack any kind of morals or integrity.

This is classic.......you mention the morals and integrity of an alleged criminal. Then come here requesting people to give you ideals on how to lie to get out of doing something surprised

Oh, James...I never mentioned lying to anyone. It looks like you want to fight and
I won't. Anyways, I got a medical excuse from my doctor from the VA, so it looks like I'll be excused (blood clot in leg, no lying there, it's documented) By the way, skipping out on jury duty because I can't afford to (I have a family of four to take care of) is hardly what I consider anti-social behaviour. Wouldn't you rather see some one who's unemployed do the jury duty instead? I'm sure they can use the 40 bucks a day. I'm skipping out mainly because I can't afford to go down there...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:34 am

You know what man, I am sorry fur taking it this far. I guess I miss read your thread title of "help me get out of jury futy" ? Seems the context of that is easily misconsrued as something else. Bummer about your leg.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:12 am

I've been selected for jury duty several times over the years. It's inconvenient for sure, having to call in all the time and you can't really leave town. In my county, jury duty last for FOUR MONTHS! It's insane.

However, the last time I had jury duty I was actually chosen to sit on a jury and I thought it was cool.

PostSubject: Re: Please help me get out of jury duty!   Please help me get out of jury duty! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Please help me get out of jury duty!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next