Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?

Go down 
+16
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
kmorg
metalken
fishingd
opengraverecords
sam
biddle
candlemass
nevermore
Troublezone
Lurideath
Rex
Glenn Rogers
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
opengraverecords
Metal novice
Metal novice
opengraverecords

Number of posts : 18

Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:53 pm

Well the company used was: http://www.reelpicture.com

I'm not sure what else to say on that.

And as far as label backing and such goes, we've done what was agreed upon. When the band signed on with us they had already started recording for the first time (notice I said for the 1st time). The product would have probably sounded much better if there wasn't a revolving line of musicians and all of the rerecordings.

You guys are freaking harsh here.
Back to top Go down
opengraverecords
Metal novice
Metal novice
opengraverecords

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
sam wrote:
we live in a sad world when a great and legendary group cant even get any label backing.

They have a label, but they are not on a big label with tons of money to throw around. Most independent metal labels don't have money to pay for all the studio time it takes to record an album. They are barely making it and are doing it for the love of the music, moreso than the money. I think Open Grave would fall into that category. They are fans of the music and are doing all they can to promote the music and doing the best they can with the resources they have.

Thank you! Quoted for truth!
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:54 pm

ultmetal wrote:
sam wrote:
we live in a sad world when a great and legendary group cant even get any label backing.

They have a label, but they are not on a big label with tons of money to throw around. Most independent metal labels don't have money to pay for all the studio time it takes to record an album. They are barely making it and are doing it for the love of the music, moreso than the money. I think Open Grave would fall into that category. They are fans of the music and are doing all they can to promote the music and doing the best they can with the resources they have.

Sorry, meant that the label could not help them any, it just makes me sick to see all these piece of crap bands get big contracts while these guys barely get by, makes me sad...and angry Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:56 pm

opengraverecords wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
sam wrote:

Thank you! Quoted for truth!

nothing against you the label, I understand you guys can barely get by with the public masses listening to smurf poo and your talent not even being given the light of day.
Back to top Go down
opengraverecords
Metal novice
Metal novice
opengraverecords

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 9:59 pm

sam wrote:

nothing against you the label, I understand you guys can barely get by with the public masses listening to smurf poo and your talent not even being given the light of day.

lol! Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 647664

It's cool bro, I understand.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:01 pm

opengraverecords wrote:
sam wrote:

lol! Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 647664

It's cool bro, I understand.

I can get a little hot on this topic, It can really get my blood to boiling. Razz
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:27 pm

I will agree with Scott`s on Devin's vox on the "Visions of Hell" is downright brutal. I play that song on Metal Pulse radio!!

I love this album a lot have listen to few times now..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:46 pm

OK, ok. I have ordered my copy. But how could I resist? Open Grave has the best deal ever going on this week:

Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Krampushiraxsale

I hope its good, but it sounds like it is from what most people are saying. If it isn't, 35 bucks for all that Hirax stuff is deal enough. Smile
Back to top Go down
fishingd
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
fishingd

Number of posts : 297

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2008 10:52 pm

spectrefate wrote:
OK, ok. I have ordered my copy. But how could I resist? Open Grave has the best deal ever going on this week:

Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Krampushiraxsale

I hope its good, but it sounds like it is from what most people are saying. If it isn't, 35 bucks for all that Hirax stuff is deal enough. Smile

That is a sweet deal!!!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 9:06 pm

I don't know why people keep saying thrash and bad production go hand in hand. I don't think I have anything or have heard anything with such "raw" sound quality as the new Once Dead album. I'm sure there are worse sounding albums out there, but seriously, I've not heard them.

Anyway, I listened to the album for the second time yesterday and I found that I enjoyed it more than I did on the first spin. There are some awesome moments on the album and the song "the contract" smokes big time.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2008 10:07 pm

I have really enjoyed every spin of this disc that I have played in the last 10 or so days since I have received my copy. Every one is entitled to their opinion and mine is that this is one solid release.

As far as sound quality goes, I have no problem with how it turned out. Sounds great cranked!

I will not, and cannot, compare this to either VR or Hirax (or Fasedown for that matter), as the chemistry of both those bands is different than what Once Dead is, even though they share (or have shared) band members and genre is of the same ilk.

Time will tell if it will get many repeat plays in the future alongside whatever else I will be listening to. I am sure to play this in the future, just how many times remains unknown.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:22 am

I'd still like the hear the damn thing...I'm not joking I do not have a copy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:27 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:

You should have pre-ordered it 2 years ago like everyone else...

Cool
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:52 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

Cool

Do you think I can get it signed?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 11:58 am

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

Cool

Depends on how much longer you want to wait for it... lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

Cool

lol!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

Cool

lol!

Yeah, that did us a whole lotta good! I heard they spent all the pre-order money on the artwork, thus lacking in the production department!

Laughing very hard

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm

LOL that MUST have been what happened!

Glenn, contact James at OpenGrave, I'd bet he'd be willing to hook you up with a copy, thats how I got mine.

If you don't want to go that route, I'd be happy to rip it and send you a link to download mp3s.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 12:52 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

Cool

Mine is signed, but it's missing a signature. scratch

Razz

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:34 pm

Rex wrote:

Glenn, contact James at OpenGrave, I'd bet he'd be willing to hook you up with a copy, thats how I got mine.

If you don't want to go that route, I'd be happy to rip it and send you a link to download mp3s.

The sad thing is I wrote most of the songs, did 90% of the guitar work, and I have to beg for a copy....What the F#$^ is wrong with this picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:37 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:

The sad thing is I wrote most of the songs, did 90% of the guitar work, and I have to beg for a copy....What the F#$^ is wrong with this picture.

Maybe the royalty checks will be satisfactory. silent

Razz
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:38 pm

I feel you man.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 1:39 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
Rex wrote:

You have mail.

Did you play rhythm guitar on The Contract? The guitar tone seems different on that song.

Sounds like Doug's lead on The Contract as well.

I can't tell who did what leads on this album. I thought for sure I'd be able to pick you out from Larry from Doug, but other than The Contract I can't tell one from the other.

ult

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:12 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

Maybe the royalty checks will be satisfactory. silent

Razz

You've got to be kidding.
Back to top Go down
opengraverecords
Metal novice
Metal novice
opengraverecords

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2008 2:29 pm

PM me Glenn, I'll mail you a copy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?   Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once Dead - Visions of Hell CD?
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next