Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity Empty
PostSubject: Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity   Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 11:11 am

Although they are kind of a second rate Nightwish, I really liked the album Cast Away. A lot of people had problems with the male vocalist, but I didn't mind. The female vocalist had very pretty operatic voice (although she wasn't very attractive, but ultimatly that shouldn't matter). When I heard they had gotten rid of her and found a replacement, I automatically thought that they wanted a more astetically (sic) pleasing front woman (pretty shallow thinking, huh?) well after seeing, and hearing, the new vocalist it would seem I was right. Apart from being a major hottie, the new vocalist has the exact same sounding voice as the previous one (unfortunatly, even in metal, looks are everything when it comes to women). On to the music, while cast away was more power metal, the power is deminished as the symphonic elements have increased. For me that is not a bad thing, I love symphonic metal (even if there is little seperating the bands that do that). VOA do a real good job and I venture to say that this album exceeded my expectations and will probably make it in my top 20 list. As for the male vocalist, while (as I said) I had no problem with his voice before but now it is 100X better. This guy improved a LOT and while the female voice is the same, his voice is almost new and that could be what I like most about this album. Not anywhere as good as the new Epica and After Forever but with some more time, they could reach that level.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity   Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2007 2:43 pm

I think this album is as good as the latest Epica and After Forever. I love it. And the old singer was pretty hot, man. You crazy!
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity   Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2007 1:52 pm

I like that album too. I can't compare it to others of the band because I know only this. I've heard one song on a sampler and decided immediately to by the album. I wasn't disappointed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity   Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visions Of Atlantis-Trinity
Page 1 of 1