Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM updated...

Go down 
+16
TheGooch
metalinmyveins
Metal Misfit
Schbopo
thejokeriv
Stender
Required Fields
the sentinel
XYZ
sam
mc666
scottmitchell74
MetalRob331
GrandNational
akeldama
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

NLTM updated... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 7:40 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
You're still a wanker.

You're still a Vikings fan.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 10:36 pm

Great update, Ult!
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 09, 2008 11:22 pm

If you want to get picky ULT, the picture that says James Hetfield 1988, is acutally 1986 or 1987 during the Puppets tour. You can see the crosses behind him. Laughing

When you have the release date next to each album, do you put the date for the US release, or wherever in the world the album might have been released first?

For instance, you have the release date of "Balls To the Wall" in 1983. It was released in Germany in 1983, but it's actual US release was in January of 1984.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 12:30 am

DenimAndLeather wrote:
You're still a wanker.

Yes, but I'm playing the Enormodome! 🤘

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 11:24 am

nice Metallica review. it pretty much hits the nail on the head
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 2:52 pm

The Metallica review was very well written I thought. The Iced Earth overhyped a mediocre album a little though IMHO. Don't own the new Dragonforce.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:27 pm

7thSecond wrote:
The Metallica review was very well written I thought. The Iced Earth overhyped a mediocre album a little though IMHO. Don't own the new Dragonforce.

You think I overhyped the Iced Earth CD?

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 3:40 pm

ultmetal wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

Well as much as I dislike it, saying anything good about it would probably qualify as overhyping it. I've had it a while now and other then the song I Walk Alone it just isn't grabbing me at all compared to their older Barlow stuff. Oh heck let me get it out and give it another chance. I haven't played it in a few weeks now.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 4:17 pm

ULT...

I like the new pics in the Megadeth NTLM album review. 🤘

While perusing through, I noticed you left off the "L" for the song "Tears In A Vial"/The System Has Failed.

On the "World Needs a Hero", it should be "Return To Hangar", not "Return To Hanger"...

My favorite one Laughing very hard ,.... for the Cryptic Writings album you put "Have Cook, Will Travel".

On the Foreclosure of a Dream single, you have "Skin Oi My Teeth"

I will second the opinion on your review of Death Magnetic...very to the point, and a great review.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Schbopo wrote:
DenimAndLeather wrote:
You're still a wanker.

You're still a Vikings fan.

You still have a nym nobody can pronounce.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Spell right and then we'll talk.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 1:43 am

While I disagree with the review on Dragonforce (though I understand it), the Metallica and Iced Earth reviews hit the nail on the head.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 8:24 am

DallasBlack wrote:
While I disagree with the review on Dragonforce (though I understand it), the Metallica and Iced Earth reviews hit the nail on the head.

Ha! I just read my Dragonforce review. I wasn't very kind was I?

Wonder what kind of mood I was in when I wrote that review.

whip

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2008 11:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

whip

Scott, as a Dragonforce fan, I didn't think it was that bad. I knew you weren't going to slam it as I have read pretty much the entire NLTM site and conversed with you here at HoM, so I knew you would point out the shortcomings but do so with out bias. Overall, a great update in my humble opine. Peace.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 3:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

YOU CAN'T OVERHYPE AN ICED EARTH ALBUM. THEY ALL ROCK!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:55 pm

the sentinel wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

whip

Scott, as a Dragonforce fan, I didn't think it was that bad. I knew you weren't going to slam it as I have read pretty much the entire NLTM site and conversed with you here at HoM, so I knew you would point out the shortcomings but do so with out bias. Overall, a great update in my humble opine. Peace.

Did you read my review of Asia - Astra?

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Quote :
Did you read my review of Asia - Astra?

I was just thinking about that at dinner, ult. I like that album. Do you like it as a stand alone record? Or do you not like because its so different than the first 2?
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 7:50 pm

this is just a bit off topic but this is for Ultmetal:

I was reading your reviews of Raven and got to the album "Life's A B**ch" and saw this little ditty:

I saw Raven around this time at the Penny Archade in Rochester, NY when they opened for Motorhead. Although it is a long story that I won't go into, I can honestly say that events at this concert changed my life.

Would you care to elaborate on this? I for one would love to hear about this.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 8:37 pm

stepcousin wrote:
this is just a bit off topic but this is for Ultmetal:

I was reading your reviews of Raven and got to the album "Life's A B**ch" and saw this little ditty:

I saw Raven around this time at the Penny Archade in Rochester, NY when they opened for Motorhead. Although it is a long story that I won't go into, I can honestly say that events at this concert changed my life.

Would you care to elaborate on this? I for one would love to hear about this.

I met the guys in Holy Saint, became good friends with singer Chris Brooks and became a Christian soon after, thanks in part to meeting Chris at that concert.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2008 10:14 pm

ah, I knew it was either you becoming a christian or you meeting your future wife.
thanks for the reply.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated...   NLTM updated... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM updated...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2