Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM Updated for May '14

Go down 
+6
krokus
Required Fields
Gilbert
ZombieHavoc
wildcard
ultmetal
10 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM Updated for May '14 Empty
PostSubject: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 9:18 am

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:55 pm

Glad to see you listening to Manilla Road. They are a great band. If you thought that Crystal Logic and The Courth Chaos are good, wait till you hear you Open the Gates and The Deluge!!!  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:02 pm

Jealous you got that Nightmare soundtrack. That and part 4 are two CDs high on my want list. I love all the songs on each...some of them I may not have been into if I weren't such a die hard fan of the movies, but either way--I dig 'em.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:07 pm

Manilla road are to be checked for sure.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:19 pm

wildcard wrote:
Glad to see you listening to Manilla Road. They are a great band. If you thought that Crystal Logic and The Courth Chaos are good, wait till you hear you Open the Gates and The Deluge!!!  headbanger 

The Deluge is my favorite Manilla Road album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 2:23 pm

I will be getting more Manilla Road. Really dig this band and am ashamed it took me this long to get into them.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 6:06 pm

Always nice to see a update from you Scott, i am going to check this out.
About MANILLA ROAD, have nearly everything they released on vinyl and i like them but they are maybe a little overrated in the underground. Yes, its posible to be overrated in the underground even if its sounds stoopid. Only because they are a cult band it doesnt make them a better band. I still think that many songs of them are not super. They are good but not killer (with some excepcions). I dont know if i make sence thats why i will shut up.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2014 8:24 pm

I know what you mean Krokus. I'm just discovering this band so I am enjoying them quite a bit.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 3:47 pm

Nice to finally see Manilla road and Aldo here, ult! Got any other stuff by either?
Also, any chance of Praying Mantis, Demon or Cloven Hoof turning up on the site anytime soon? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:18 pm

Couple of typos...

Beau Nasty -
producer Beau Hill, known for his work with bands like Ratt.
You pluralized the word band, implying more than one, but then only mentioned one band. Maybe not a typo per say, but still sounds a little odd.

Rahter Fretz
I think you mean "rather"

Overall, Beau Nasty's one and only album was breaking down any doors with their creativity
wasn't

Heavy Metal Box Set
amp shaped box complete with a volume know that "goes to 11",
knob, you knob!

two of three times this size
or

not every band that should be included could be include.
included?

Unfortunately many younger heavy metal fans these day deny that these bands their part in heavy metal history
Something seems off with this sentence, although I can't put my finger on it.

Starous
I might have liked to have head a little less keyboards and a little more guitar,
heard

but with the lyrics all sung in Portuguese they could be singing about puppy dogs and bull frogs for all I know
No typos there, I just thought it was a funny line. Made me LOL, as the kids say.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:36 pm

TheGreatDuck wrote:
Nice to finally see Manilla road and Aldo here, ult! Got any other stuff by either?
Also, any chance of Praying Mantis, Demon or Cloven Hoof turning up on the site anytime soon? Very Happy

Yes, have more from both coming.

I don't have any Praying Mantis, Demon or Cloven Hoof on CD as of yet.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:36 pm

Thanks MetalGuy. Appreciate the help.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:40 pm

The only Manilla Road CD I own is Voyager. Music is alright, pretty slow-paced but nice atmosphere. The sound however is muddy and the vocalist sounds like Gollum from Lord of the Rings.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2014 4:53 pm

Lari wrote:
The only Manilla Road CD I own is Voyager. Music is alright, pretty slow-paced but nice atmosphere. The sound however is muddy and the vocalist sounds like Gollum from Lord of the Rings.

Wanna trade it?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Bump for Lari

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 1:59 pm

I noticed that in your updates page, your March updates section lists Soulfly as "Soufly".
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 8:34 pm

I have Praying Mantis - Time Tells No Lies in a release that has some clipping in the remaster on certain songs..it's worth it for free if you've never owned it or heard it before but it's really not the version you want (that would be the High Vaultage version). But it's listenable enough for a review. If you want I'll send it to you.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeSun May 11, 2014 10:38 pm

I also noticed an error in your review for Havok's Burn. "Wreckquiem" is spelled "Wreckquim" in the review.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 12:54 am

ultmetal wrote:
Lari wrote:

Wanna trade it?
Sorry, I'll hold on to it for now. I bought it at a concert and owe it a lot more spins.

I'm also not actively looking to add anything. Unless you have Raven's All for One available!  Razz 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2014 10:41 am

From the 'Wayne's World' review...

ultmetal wrote:
The Bulletboys song is catchy but about as goofy as hair metal gets. Put it up with "Pour Some Sugar On Me" for the cheese factor.

Don't be too hard on the Bulletboys. 'Rock Candy' is a Montrose cover song. Blame Sammy Hagar.
 Razz

Also, on your Abattoir page, the heading photo is linked to the album cover for 3 Inches of Blood.

PostSubject: Re: NLTM Updated for May '14   NLTM Updated for May '14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM Updated for May '14
Page 1 of 1