Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NLTM updated for Dec

Go down 
+15
Alex Dee Rokket
mc666
Tur-Thalion
kmorg
Chairman_Smith
Gilbert
troublemagnet
Eyesore
nevermore
MetalGuy71
Sinistar
Temple of Blood
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
ultmetal
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

NLTM updated for Dec Empty
PostSubject: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:31 am

http://www.nolifetilmetal.com/updates.htm

Let me know if you see any typos, mistakes, etc. Thanks.

ult

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Surprised you like that Night Ranger at all, I feel they totally dialed it in. Thanks for the updates.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:01 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Surprised you like that Night Ranger at all, I feel they totally dialed it in. Thanks for the updates.

Like I said, at least it's not completely overplayed on the radio like the others and has some elements of their sound. Certainly not their best, but not terrible either (that is, if you like that Night Ranger style).

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:04 pm

First time I ever listened to Mass was Sea of Black. It was pretty good. That's pretty cool they did a Christmas single. Just ordered it. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:34 pm

Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:01 pm

You think "Omega Wave" might be better than "Forbidden Evil" and "Twisted into Form"? Wow.
Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:14 pm

No link to your Bitch review from the cd gallery.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
You think "Omega Wave" might be better than "Forbidden Evil" and "Twisted into Form"? Wow.

I said what I meant, meant what I said. I like it far better than Green or Distortion, that's for sure. Is it better than the first two records? I don't know. It's a bit hard to get by the nostalgia value of those early albums, but it very well could be. It sounds like it could have been the follow-up to Twisted into Form to me. So, yes, I like it a lot. Apparently more-so than a lot of people on this board.

Of course, I noticed your listed the new Exodus as one of the year's best and for me, that album is sort of hard to get through in one listen. It was disappointing for me.

Sinistar wrote:
No link to your Bitch review from the cd gallery.

Thanks.

Last edited by ultmetal on Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 pm

The bonus track listing on the new Nevermore disc is incorrect.

The digi version only contains one bonus track, 'Temptation' by The Tea Party, not the Doors track. The super-duper box set edition contains both 'Temptation' and 'The Crystal Ship'.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
The bonus track listing on the new Nevermore disc is incorrect.

The digi version only contains one bonus track, 'Temptation' by The Tea Party, not the Doors track. The super-duper box set edition contains both 'Temptation' and 'The Crystal Ship'.

Thanks.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:11 pm

Nice update as usual!! That's a cool Overkill picture disc you snagged!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 4:51 pm

Nice. Didn't know about that Mass EP. Just ordered it. It's $4.99, which includes S&H. Not bad. I'm assuming it's a CDR, though. That correct?
Back to top Go down
troublemagnet
Metal Conspiracist

Number of posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 6:48 pm

Immortal is not listed in "I" section. Should be put above Immortal Souls.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:01 am

Nice reviews as always
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 6:00 am

ultmetal wrote:
TheNazgul wrote:

Like I said, at least it's not completely overplayed on the radio like the others and has some elements of their sound. Certainly not their best, but not terrible either (that is, if you like that Night Ranger style).

When I went and saw Grand Funk Railroad, Night Ranger was opening and I wasn't really expecting to pay much attention to them, but they are GREAT live.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:42 am

I saw Night Ranger once as well, opening for Ted Nugent. They were entertaining for sure. Their guitar players could tear up a fret board when he wanted.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:48 am

Eyesore wrote:
Nice. Didn't know about that Mass EP. Just ordered it. It's $4.99, which includes S&H. Not bad. I'm assuming it's a CDR, though. That correct?

It looks like a regular CD to me...

Upon further invastigation, as in actually looking at the thing.... yes, this is a CDr with print.

Last edited by kmorg on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:53 am

kmorg wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

It looks like a regular CD to me...

It's a pro-pressed CD-R in a slip case. In other words, it's on a green CD rather than the mass pressed silver CDs.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:55 am

I should check out Night ranger.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 5:18 am

Found this sentece in the Metal Church entry:

Quote :
The collection includes a ons of unreleased songs

Not sure if this is a typo, or something I simply don't know what means. Very Happy

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:59 am

Thanks. Should be A TON of...

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:01 pm

I was just reading through your Megadeth page and noticed:

KIMB (original) review, typo on "aggressive"

KIMB (remaster) review, typo on "novelty"

RIP review, typo on "masterpiece"

Also I'm curious, you mention that "502" is an anti-drinking and driving song. When I read the lyrics, I don't get that impression...Honestly to me it seems more or less pro-drinking and driving.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:24 pm

Tur-Thalion wrote:

Also I'm curious, you mention that "502" is an anti-drinking and driving song. When I read the lyrics, I don't get that impression...Honestly to me it seems more or less pro-drinking and driving.
i always thought that too. always made me wanna get drunk & take a ride. never did though, because i'm not a moron.

Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 9:32 pm

Nice to see an Immortal review. I have been a fan of the band for a very long time and while I like other black metal bands too , Immortal imo is still the best band out there.

I am by no means a kvlt black metaller - I like some but also can't stand many. If you want to check out some other black metal bands I would also recommend Satyricon and Dimmu Borgir. Yes I know it's debatable whether or not those bands are black metal but I personally have always considered them black metal and I couldn't care less what blabbermouth kiddies say about them both Satyricon and Dimmu Borgir are excellent.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitimeWed Dec 29, 2010 11:39 pm

i wouldnt say dimmu borgir isnt black metal (in the way you could say cradle of filth is no longer black metal), but they wouldnt be a good introductory band in my opinion. and not because i think they suck, but because i dont think they are representative of what black metal generally sounds like. the same goes for satyricon, insofar as the majority of their career is concerned. i could see you recommending later satyricon to him for the blacknroll deal in the hopes that it would be more appealing, but they wouldnt be my top choice for that subgenre by far, either, as what ive heard from that phase doesnt display a lot of talent in the rock area OR the black metal area. if hes just checking out favorites then by all means, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NLTM updated for Dec   NLTM updated for Dec Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NLTM updated for Dec
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next