Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral

Go down 
+2
mc666
Stender
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Empty
PostSubject: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:47 pm

This ones been getting heavy circulation by me lately, some very choice thrashing here...so for those of you who have it which is your favorate song on the album?
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:49 pm

i still haven't purchased anything by these guys yet. i know Ult likes them alot. i should probably look around for some.

nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:50 pm

I've never heard this band.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 8:53 pm

mc666 wrote:
i still haven't purchased anything by these guys yet. i know Ult likes them alot. i should probably look around for some.

Good luck to you on finding the originals. I had to beg sax to burn me a copy of their album. The only material they put out was two demos and this album in 1992.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:24 pm

ah, well in that case, i'm sure some of their material made it online somewhere.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 10:27 pm

mc666 wrote:

Robert has some original copies for sale, still sealed. If you want a copy, I think they are only $5. Email Ultrametal@msn.com

Favorite songs:
Nightmares, Ye, Epicurus, Locked in Chains, Sin

Ultimatum will be covering Locked in Chains on our next CD.

For those that don't know, former Moskheteers drummer Alan Tuma is Ultimatum's current drummer. Very Happy

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:01 pm

I think my favorate tracks are Posers of deceipt and Nightmares.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:01 pm

I wish they released it on CD.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:11 pm

powermacho wrote:
I wish they released it on CD.

Been trying to convince Retroactive to release it for a year now.

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 11:32 pm

I just remember being very impressed with the whole thing. I don't remember any specific track as a standout.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 9:16 am

Stender wrote:

Posers is a cool song too. We had that in our list to possibly cover, but went with Locked in Chains instead.

Least favorite track is "Grease the Duck". It's a silly song, and that was the point. However, it seems to break the overall flow of the album.

The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:00 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

Posers is a cool song too. We had that in our list to possibly cover, but went with Locked in Chains instead.

Least favorite track is "Grease the Duck". It's a silly song, and that was the point. However, it seems to break the overall flow of the album.

I kinda like Grease the duck...it has a cool message anyway. The goofiness of the song reminds me of the same humor as One Bad Pig.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:51 pm

Stender wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Stender wrote:

I kinda like Grease the duck...it has a cool message anyway. The goofiness of the song reminds me of the same humor as One Bad Pig.

Yes, I think that was the point. They were going for that goofy sound like One Bad Pig or some Anthrax songs, while having lyrics that were of a serious nature.

Grease the duck OY! Slap the limbo...
Remember when they played that song for the first time. They had to explain the song before they played it.

Ye! Was always sort of silly to. It's a pretty straight forward thrash song, but the guitar solo was a purpose mockery. Live it was funny. Paul Scoz would always say something about how guitar players in the house should pay close attention to the guitar wizardry during the guitar solo.

PostSubject: Re: Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral   Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fav track off The Moshketeers--Downward Spiral
Page 1 of 1