Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Saxon fans lets talk

Go down 
+16
sam
DallasBlack
Wargod
James B.
TheGooch
steel warrior
the sentinel
MetalGuy71
krokus
kmorg
ultmetal
nevermore
manny
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Glenn Rogers
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

Saxon fans lets talk Empty
PostSubject: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:37 am

I read on Blabbermouth that Saxon has a new album/cd comming out.
I loved the last three studio records. I think this one will just a good.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:41 am

I love the Inner Sanctum and was just listening to it this morning!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:42 am

Lionheart is amzing. I like their earlier stuff better, but they are one band who has released a lot of good stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:43 am

They're seriously getting better with age, I think. They hit a rough patch in the late 80s when they tried to go the commercial-radio route but for the last decade or so they've been putting out some damn good stuff. I still haven't gotten THE INNER SANCTUM but LIONHEART, METALHEAD, and UNLEASH THE BEAST have all been worth a listen. Not bad for a band a lot of people wrote off twenty years ago.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:49 am

Unleash The Beast is my personal favorite of the later day Saxon. But when talking about Saxon I personally have to look at each era as a different band. You can't compare The Inner Sanctum to Denim and Leather. Those are almost 2 different genres.
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:57 am

They had a ruff time like everyone did in the 90's, but I think they are sounding,and playing better then ever. Just hope they come to America this time.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 11:58 am

Saxon it has always been a mystery to me why these guys never made it big in the States, they wrote great songs, have a cool frontman, great live act, I agree with Freddy that had rough patch in mid 80's to early 90's but Lionheart and Inner Sanctum great albums than can stand agaisnt some of their early classics and way better than "Destiny" Lp.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:02 pm

Glenn Rogers wrote:
They had a ruff time like everyone did in the 90's, but I think they are sounding,and playing better then ever. Just hope they come to America this time.

They were supposed to play in NJ several times over the past couple of years but the tours kept getting cancelled. One time Biff's house burned down, then somebody in the band had visa problems, yadda yadda yadda.
I think they just would rather stay in Europe and continuously play to 30,000 people on the festival circuit, than come to the U.S. and play for 30 people a night in a series of dive bars. Lord knows I would. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Glenn Rogers wrote:

They were supposed to play in NJ several times over the past couple of years but the tours kept getting cancelled. One time Biff's house burned down, then somebody in the band had visa problems, yadda yadda yadda.
I think they just would rather stay in Europe and continuously play to 30,000 people on the festival circuit, than come to the U.S. and play for 30 people a night in a series of dive bars. Lord knows I would. Smile

Well, your right. Thats why we go to Europe as well. Tidal Wave was , I think the first time we played to more than a thousand people at one show here in the states.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:26 pm

Looking forward to some new music from Saxon. headbanger
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:34 pm

I saw them in Santa Fe a few years ago with U.D.O. opening. Great show and best of all, it was free. Both bands were spectacular. Both bands came out to greet the fans after the show, which I always think is cool. Udo was actually walking out in the crowd watching Saxon's set, which was cool too.

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 12:43 pm

One classic band whose last three albums kick tail. I really like the old stuff and actually like Dogs of War a lot. Songs like Walking Through Tokyo and The Great White Buffalo are awesome.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:02 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I saw them in Santa Fe a few years ago with U.D.O. opening. Great show and best of all, it was free. Both bands were spectacular. Both bands came out to greet the fans after the show, which I always think is cool. Udo was actually walking out in the crowd watching Saxon's set, which was cool too.

Many of the band members I've met over the years have been like that. I've met Tobias and Jens from Edguy, Jeff Waters from Annihilator, Jon Schaeffer from Iced Earth, to name a few, like that. They were just walking around inside the venues when the other bands played.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:04 pm

kmorg wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Many of the band members I've met over the years have been like that. I've met Tobias and Jens from Edguy, Jeff Waters from Annihilator, Jon Schaeffer from Iced Earth, to name a few, like that. They were just walking around inside the venues when the other bands played.

I met Max and Igor Cavalera from Sepultura the same way, back in '89. They were in the crowd watching their opening band (Faith or Fear) and not many people were recognizing them (this was their first tour of the U.S.). My brother and I talked to Max for quite a while (because Faith or Fear weren't terribly interesting to watch, haha) and he actually flagged a waitress over and told her to go get drinks for both of us, on the band's tab!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:41 pm

SAXON is a band I've never given a lot of time to...kind of odd since what I've heard from them I do like a lot...I need to put them on "the list"...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:57 pm

They have a couple greatest hits albums you could score for cheap. Might be a good place to start.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:21 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
They have a couple greatest hits albums you could score for cheap. Might be a good place to start.

Thanks! 🤘
Back to top Go down
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Get The Best of Saxon 1979-1988 It's a 3 disc set...
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:44 pm

Get everything SAXON released. At least, i love them all. My fave albums are:
DENIM AND LEATHER 1981
POWER AND THE GLORY 1983
CRUSADER 1984
ROCK THE NATION 1986
DESTINY 1988
UNLEASH THE BEAST 1997
I agree that live they kick ass too. I saw them many times and always great.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:09 pm

Quote :
Saxon it has always been a mystery to me why these guys never made it big in the States

Saxon fans lets talk R_biffb1

This could be part of the problem. Should've followed his own advice and stuck with denim & leather. Very Happy

I liked their last coupla cd's and will probably get the new one as well. I think they've got the formula to making good music down at this point
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Quote :
Saxon it has always been a mystery to me why these guys never made it big in the States

Saxon fans lets talk R_biffb1

This could be part of the problem. Should've followed his own advice and stuck with denim & leather. Very Happy

I liked their last coupla cd's and will probably get the new one as well. I think they've got the formula to making good music down at this point

I still think he looks great on that photo 🤘 but i understand that the girls no.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 5:40 pm

When trying to look cool, try flushing the urinal behind you.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 6:37 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:

That's the road I am heading down soon, since I own nothing from this band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 7:55 pm

Good band. But I will abstain as you guys have heard enough outta me for the last 8 years about Saxon.

Quote :
Udo was actually walking out in the crowd watching Saxon's set, which was cool too.

Quote :
Many of the band members I've met over the years have been like that.

Me n Ben met Glenn Rogers like that. haha

And I'll once again pull out this old gem as a tribute to Ult's post [same tour]:

Saxon fans lets talk Udo2
Back to top Go down
steel warrior
Metal student
Metal student
steel warrior

Number of posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 8:50 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
Lionheart is amzing. I like their earlier stuff better, but they are one band who has released a lot of good stuff.

Indeed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saxon fans lets talk   Saxon fans lets talk Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saxon fans lets talk
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next