Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Empty
PostSubject: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 9:16 pm

5. Labyrinths
6. Follow Me
7. Exit Music

I know two are very short instrumentals, but I love these 3 songs together, since the song Follow Me takes more twist and turns than a mountain road anyways.

I love everything about Follow Me, from the operatic parts and the soaring epic guitar solo that make you envision thing any other song could never make me envision.

Did anybody else ever notice how these 3 songs go together, or is it just me?

Last edited by on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 10:01 pm

I have a CD single from this album that smashes'em all together as one track called the "Follow Me Trilogy!"

Ever since I got that I've always thought of them as one long track instead of three separate tracks.

🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2007 11:43 pm

I need to get that.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 8:42 am

The first two yes but I never noticed that Exit Music went with it. I have, however, always loved that song; it is so beautiful and mellow. Follow Me is one of my favorite tracks on there (actually EVERY song on EOT are my favorites).

In an unrelated note, when I was listening to Hall Of The Mountain King last night I could hear very strong similarities in style with EOT, moreso than the albums in between (but maybe that's just me).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 3:25 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have a CD single from this album that smashes'em all together as one track called the "Follow Me Trilogy!"

Ever since I got that I've always thought of them as one long track instead of three separate tracks.

🤘

You suddenly feel the urge to send me that CD. It's impossible to resis, you just HAVE to sent it to me!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 3:31 pm

kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

🤘

You suddenly feel the urge to send me that CD. It's impossible to resis, you just HAVE to sent it to me!

Ummmm....no. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 5:38 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
kmorg wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I have a CD
single from this album that smashes'em all together as one track called
the "Follow Me Trilogy!"

🤘

Ummmm....no. Smile

Correct, because you're sending to to me.

It is useless to resist.

lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Darth_vader
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 7:41 pm

Dudes, it's mine.

On a serious note, i don't think I've ever seen that disc on ebay before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 7:51 pm

I've never seen it either.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 10:24 pm

Wow, you mean I have a rare one here? Haha, I had no idea. I found it at a record/CD swap meet years ago. I think I paid 2 bucks for it.

It's a promo-only single simply called "SAVATAGE 1993." Released by Atlantic Records, catalog # is PRCD 5194-2.

The track listing is as follows:
1. He Carves His Stone (LP Version)
2. Follow Me Trilogy (LP versions of Labyrinths, Follow Me, Exit Music)
3. Ghost in the Ruins (live in Netherlands 6/10/93)
4. Hall of the Mountain King (live in Netherlands 6/10/93)

It doesn't have a cover, just a back tray, which is a blurry picture of the band in silhouette. Unfortunately my f**kin scanner is inoperative at the moment or I'd scan the back tray and post a pic so y'all could get a look at it. Here's a crappy image of it that I pinched off of some Savatage fan site that was not in English:

lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... 1993original

There's no front cover image shown so I'm assuming this CD never had one to begin with.

And by the way... IT'S MINE DAMMIT! YOU CAN'T HAVE IT!

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:10 pm

"Follow Me" is, in my opine, one of the best songs they have ever recorded!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:25 pm

the sentinel wrote:
"Follow Me" is, in my opine, one of the best songs they have ever recorded!
That album actually has some of their best tunes, I think; "Edge Of Thorns," "Degrees Of Sanity," "He Carves His Stone," "Damien," and possibly my all-time favorite Savatage tune, "All That I Bleed."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2007 11:27 pm

Shhh....I never cared for Edge of Thorns.....keep it under your hat.....
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 12:18 am

spectrefate wrote:

I'll forgive you, but you only get so much of those before I'm kicking down your door and confiscating your metalhead membership card. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 12:51 am

spectrefate wrote:

wanker alert.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2007 8:39 am

spectrefate wrote:

Consider yourself smacked upside the head with a large fish.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....   lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lets discuss part of Savatage's Edge Of Thorns....
Page 1 of 1