Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats your favourites Sabbath album?

Go down 
+28
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
DeathCult
MoonChild
Troublezone
nevermore
candlemass
Invader
rattpoison
zombiewalkin
fingers
TheGooch
mr.electric39
kmorg
iamrockerfun
stepcousin
spiritoradio
ghost
Olafsto
Thrasher73
mc666
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
krokus
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

What is your favourite Sabbath album?
Black Sabbath
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Paranoid
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Master of Reality
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 12 ]
Vol 4
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Sabotage
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap12%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
Heaven and Hell
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap26%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 13 ]
Mob Rules
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Born Again
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap8%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Other
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

AuthorMessage

Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 4:39 pm

candlemass wrote:
Sure, I love old Whitesnake, like so many others, they jumped on "the flavour of the month" bandwagon, like the Scorps did.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:34 pm

spectrefate wrote:
candlemass wrote:
Yea, "No Stranger To Love" belonged on a Whitesnake LP for sure!

Not criticizing, but Seventh Star actually came out in 86 prior to Whitesnake's 87 album. Also, previous to the Whitesnake 87 album, the band didn't record anything like what is now considered a power ballad. Even the original Here I Go Again wasn't originally recorded so "cream-puff-like" as the remake. Whitesnake has a bad name unecessarily because of a couple of wimpy songs. They are actually one of the best bands to come out of the UK ever, IMO.

I love that song "Crying In The Rain", as it appears on "Saints & Sinners", they totaly ruined it on the s/t LP! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:36 pm

candlemass wrote:

I love that song "Crying In The Rain", as it appears on "Saints & Sinners", they totaly ruined it on the s/t LP! angry

I like both versions (I'm a Sykes lover), but the one on S&S has a whole other feel to it.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:53 pm

It's pretty obvious.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:38 pm

spectrefate wrote:
candlemass wrote:

Not criticizing, but Seventh Star actually came out in 86 prior to Whitesnake's 87 album. Also, previous to the Whitesnake 87 album, the band didn't record anything like what is now considered a power ballad. Even the original Here I Go Again wasn't originally recorded so "cream-puff-like" as the remake. Whitesnake has a bad name unecessarily because of a couple of wimpy songs. They are actually one of the best bands to come out of the UK ever, IMO.

I like old Whitesnake, but SLIDE IT IN hit at creampuff a bit too. They sort of went along the same path Y&T did. I just didn't really get ino SEVENTH STAR when it came out, of course back then being in high school I had the whole "this is too light to be metal" attitude. Anyway, IMO BORN AGAIN is their best album, and believe it or not, this is the first time I've ever really talked to anyone who thought otherwise. I can see where people wouldn't like it, but I don't think it could be anywhere near their worst effort either. Not that I think SEVENTH STAR is their worst either, it took a little while for certain songs to grow on me, but it's not my favorite either.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 8:43 pm

Heaven and Hell for me.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:07 am

i quite like seventh star actually but it is nt therr best my a country mile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:08 am

SEVENTH STAR is the only album I've ever owned that actually put me to sleep. Seriously. I brought it home from the store, put it on my stereo, and about three tracks in... zzzzzzz.

So I guess it didn't do much for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:13 am

i only bought it yesterday as i have never seen it before so i snapped it up and i quite like it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:17 am

I'm a nostagic sap and I first heard Seventh Star in 88 and it seems like everything that I heard that year still appeals to me. Seventh Star is one of my favorite albums of all time.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2007 9:17 am

i am listening to it now and the title track is classic sabbath
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:16 am

I think i'd go in this order, with the expection of the first two, this has about a 2 album error differential, depends on what sound i'm into that week/month.

Heaven and Hell
Black Sabbath
Dehumanizer
Paranoid
Born Again
Cross Purposes
The Mob Rules
Headless Cross
Master of Reality
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
The Eternal Idol
Seventh Star
Sabotage
TYR
Technical Ecstasy
Never Say Die
Vol. 4
Forbidden

As far as live albums go,

Reunion
Hammersmith
Live Evil
Cross Purposes Live
Radio City
Past Lives
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 8:44 am

Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Dioinsab

They'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
The world is full of kings & queens
Who blind your eyes & steal your dreams
It's HEAVEN AND HELL!!!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:27 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Dioinsab

They'll tell you black is really white
The moon is just the sun at night
The world is full of kings & queens
Who blind your eyes & steal your dreams
It's HEAVEN AND HELL!!!

Off topic, sorry, but I always could not help but think that Bill Ward looks like Thomas Edison, or some professor straight out of the 1800s in that picture! lol!
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:30 am

candlemass wrote:

thats actually a great song its got a really good riff although the lyrics dont actually make sense IMO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:49 am

Out of the ones I've heard (the first six Ozzy and first two Dio) it is easily Sabotage. It is in my opinion Sabbath's magnum opus. Master of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Paranoid are also great.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 10:52 am

greyninjax wrote:
Out of the ones I've heard (the first six Ozzy and first two Dio) it is easily Sabotage. It is in my opinion Sabbath's magnum opus. Master of Reality, Sabbath Bloody Sabbath and Paranoid are also great.

i never really got into that one. IMO the production was too clean for sabbath
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:36 pm

TYR
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 12:50 pm

Heaven And Hell or Master Of Reality.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 1:42 pm

I'd def go with Paranoid
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Ozzy Era: Sabbath Bloody Sabbath/Sabotage

Dio Era: Heaven and Hell

Tony Martin Era: TYR

- I LOVE the Tony Martin era. Very, very underrated!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your favourites Sabbath album?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3