Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats your favourites Sabbath album?

Go down 
+28
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
DeathCult
MoonChild
Troublezone
nevermore
candlemass
Invader
rattpoison
zombiewalkin
fingers
TheGooch
mr.electric39
kmorg
iamrockerfun
stepcousin
spiritoradio
ghost
Olafsto
Thrasher73
mc666
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
krokus
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

What is your favourite Sabbath album?
Black Sabbath
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Paranoid
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Master of Reality
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 24% [ 12 ]
Vol 4
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Sabotage
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap12%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
Heaven and Hell
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap26%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 26% [ 13 ]
Mob Rules
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Born Again
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap8%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Other
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

AuthorMessage
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 6:18 pm

Master Of Reality or Heaven And Hell, I can't choose which one is better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 6:37 pm

Paranoid for me, thanks. Every song on there is a stone-cold classic (with the exception of, maybe, Planet Caravan). Followed closely by the self-titled album and MOR.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 7:28 pm

Sabotage, could've went w/a number of others though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 8:07 pm

Master Of Reality!!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 9:26 pm

Master of Reality but i just as easily could of chose Paranoid.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 11:56 pm

Ozzy era-everything
Dio era-everything
Born Again and everything else after that.

To chose just ONE is sacrilege.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 6:39 am

HEAVEN AND HELL!!!!!! Love the Dio era best.

I love all the Ozzy albums too though, but Dio OWNS!!!!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:02 am

Master of Reality is the best for me!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 7:13 am

Master of Reality was the first Sabbath disc I ever got, when I was a wee lad, so that disc was my introduction into world of Sabbath. Ah...memories.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2007 3:22 pm

My personal favorite album would have to be BORN AGAIN. It's such a classic album, great songs, great lineup. The 1996 Castle remaster has MUCH better production on it. From there on, I'd have to round out my top four with the first three Ozzy albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:38 am

spiritoradio wrote:
Master of Reality was the first Sabbath disc I ever got, when I was a wee lad, so that disc was my introduction into world of Sabbath. Ah...memories.

"Master of Reality" was my first album from them too. I loved it!!!

I still prefer the Dio era overall - but I'd rank my top favorite Black Sabbath like this:

1. Heaven and Hell
2. Mob Rules
3. Black Sabbath
4. Master of Reality
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:29 am

DeathCult wrote:
My personal favorite album would have to be BORN AGAIN. It's such a classic album, great songs, great lineup. The 1996 Castle remaster has MUCH better production on it. From there on, I'd have to round out my top four with the first three Ozzy albums.

Great songs? You mean lyrics like; "Peter and the greenfly were laughing like drains", or "the grey and plastic retards are floating in circles"?! lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:12 pm

I was referring more to musically, but there are good lyrics on the album. Along with the fact that part of the song "Trashed" is about him hallucinating, along with just being generally messed up. Either way, to me it's the best Sabbath album, and even if you don't agree, its quite obviously one of their strongest. Such a great line-up and great energy, ashame they didn't make a few more together. Although I will say, I'm not a huge fan of that cover art. And besides, you can't hoenstly sit there and say that no other Sabbath album had stupid lyrics either come on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:18 pm

MOR

Children Of The Grave owns you.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:36 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I was referring more to musically, but there are good lyrics on the album. Along with the fact that part of the song "Trashed" is about him hallucinating, along with just being generally messed up. Either way, to me it's the best Sabbath album, and even if you don't agree, its quite obviously one of their strongest. Such a great line-up and great energy, ashame they didn't make a few more together. Although I will say, I'm not a huge fan of that cover art. And besides, you can't hoenstly sit there and say that no other Sabbath album had stupid lyrics either come on.

Not as bad as that one! I had high expectations for that LP, as you stated, strong line up, but the production was so god awful, the radio stations refused to play it. The addition of Bev Beven on the tour was a joke, why not just get Howdy Doody to fill in?! I have both audio and video from that tour, Ian forgot half of the lyrics, his voice was cracking badly, Geezer couldn't wait for it to end, it was a disaster! I have that New Castle re-issue, not much better, good production at the outset and more thoughtful attention to the lyrics would've saved it. Having said all that, I still enjoy it, but not one of their best by a longshot.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:41 pm

Well, everyone has their opinion. I saw the tour and have bootlegs of it, it all sounds good, and looked good to me. However, I hated some of Seventh Star.

Last edited by DeathCult on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 1:48 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Well, everyone has their opinion. I saw the tour and have bootlegs of it, it all sounds good, and looked good to me. However, I hated Seventh Star.

I love Seventh Star, Tony should've really pushed the record co. for it to be a solo LP as he wanted it to be, it is NOT a Sabbath LP! angry
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:03 pm

Musically, it's ok, Glenn Hughes has always been laughable for me. In for the killlllllll lol! .
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 2:40 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Musically, it's ok, Glenn Hughes has always been laughable for me. In for the killlllllll lol! .

Really? Glenn is considered to be one of the better singers in rock, love his work on the Fused LP! 🤘

I saw them on the Seventh Star tour, he was in bad shape back then, I believe Tony fired him at the next gig.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:15 pm

"Well we were drivin' down the road about half passed five, the car was in motion, Peter and the Greenfly had pickled their brains, and drove straight in the ocean"! lol!

Last edited by on Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:43 pm

Master of Reality for me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:13 pm

candlemass wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Really? Glenn is considered to be one of the better singers in rock, love his work on the Fused LP! 🤘

I saw them on the Seventh Star tour, he was in bad shape back then, I believe Tony fired him at the next gig.

I'm talking about his work with Sabbath mainly (although he can't touch Gillan IMO), but he was fired because he got into a fight with a roadie I believe, and they punched him right in his throat damaging his vocal chords. I didnt get to see him on the Seventh Star tour, he was already out and Ray Gillen had taken his place by then, but I've heard bootlegs with Hughes and I dont care too much for it. Born Again is still the best. Besides, anything that takes Black Sabbath and makes them sound like they fused together with Whitesnake is not the best. lol!

Last edited by on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:46 pm

Yea, "No Stranger To Love" belonged on a Whitesnake LP for sure!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 5:53 pm

candlemass wrote:
Yea, "No Stranger To Love" belonged on a Whitesnake LP for sure!

Not criticizing, but Seventh Star actually came out in 86 prior to Whitesnake's 87 album. Also, previous to the Whitesnake 87 album, the band didn't record anything like what is now considered a power ballad. Even the original Here I Go Again wasn't originally recorded so "cream-puff-like" as the remake. Whitesnake has a bad name unecessarily because of a couple of wimpy songs. They are actually one of the best bands to come out of the UK ever, IMO.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 6:35 pm

Sure, I love old Whitesnake, like so many others, they jumped on "the flavour of the month" bandwagon, like the Scorps did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your favourites Sabbath album?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next