Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats your favourites Sabbath album?

Go down 
+28
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
DeathCult
MoonChild
Troublezone
nevermore
candlemass
Invader
rattpoison
zombiewalkin
fingers
TheGooch
mr.electric39
kmorg
iamrockerfun
stepcousin
spiritoradio
ghost
Olafsto
Thrasher73
mc666
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
krokus
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
caniplaywithmadness?
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What is your favourite Sabbath album?
Black Sabbath
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap2%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Paranoid
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap6%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Master of Reality
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap24%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 24% [ 12 ]
Vol 4
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap4%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Sabbath Bloody Sabbath
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap8%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Sabotage
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap12%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
Heaven and Hell
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap26%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 26% [ 13 ]
Mob Rules
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap6%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Born Again
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap8%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Other
Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_lcap4%Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 50

AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Empty
PostSubject: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:27 am

its between heaven and hell and master of reality for me. i think heaven and hell edges it though
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:32 am

Hard to chose one favorite, I'd probably go with Master of Reality, but Sabatoge, Heaven & Hell, Mob Rules & Born Again all rank high for me too.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:36 am

I always liked the Dio era Sab better than the Ozzy era, so it was an easy pick for me... HEAVEN AND HELL 🤘

If I had to pick one Ozzy era favorite, though, it would probably be SABOTAGE.

From the non-Ozzies (is that an acceptable term? Haha), I haven't heard everything from that revolving-door era, but I always liked BORN AGAIN with Ian Gillan on vox. (good call, Ult! I thought I was the only one who liked that album!)
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 10:42 am

i've always liked born again as well but the production is terrible. it just sounds muddy
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 11:09 am

Hard cuestion. I realy like TONY MARTIN days too but from the OZZY, DIO and GILLAN days i would say SABBATH BLOODY SABBATH, my first ever BS lp.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:04 pm

Ozzy era: s/t
Dio era: Mob Rules
Martin era: Tyr
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:17 pm

I went with "Master of Reality"
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Sabbath Bloody Sabbath

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 1:08 pm

Born Again has always been my favorite. Production sucked but it still had some killer songs.

All the Dio albums and the Eternal Idol album would be up there too. As for Ozzy albums Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 1:26 pm

Heaven and Hell for me,like Dio's voice better than Ozzy's.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 2:07 pm

MASTER OF REALITY!
Sabbath at their very best!
Dio era: Heaven and Hell
Martin: Headless Cross
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 3:21 pm

This is really very hard to decide but I think Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is the best for me.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2007 6:43 pm

Born Again. A complete masterpiece in my opinion. I know that the production was bad but I'm pretty sure it was remastered. My version does not sound bad at all (it's a 1996 version from Castle)
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 3:40 am

I really enjoy the new Dio-era compilation it's very well mapped out.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 5:20 am

H&H and Mob Rules, but the early stuff is legendary for its era.

when you pick faves by a band that has spanned almost 40 years, you really need to think about the eras they came from, I mean obviously the production now is phenominal but maybe the originality might not be there, and the opposite is true for the early stuff.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 07, 2007 2:30 pm

Ozz era - all
Dio era - all
Martin - Cross Purpose
and of cors Reunion
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 4:48 am

Ozzy era: Paranoid
Dio era: Heaven & Hell (voted for that one)
Martin: The Headless Cross

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 08, 2007 7:55 pm

the Dio era material. H N H & the Mob Rules..... Always loved that tune 'Turn up the night'.....

E5150 is so bizzare.... go play it real loud and it always makes me think of the 'Planet of The Apes' the forbidden zone.....affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 12:48 pm

heaven and hell is godlike

but so are all of those albums

master of reality comes in a close second followed by s/t as i spose it invented metal
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2007 9:05 pm

my favourite Sabbath album is The Eternal Idol
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 3:56 am

i have never listened to it but ultmetal says it is good and my cd shop actually has a copy of it although the case is sctarted to bits so i aint paying a tener for it
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2007 8:40 am

Black Sabbath.....the first one...all the way baby!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2007 11:49 am

ozzy era-vol-4
dio era-dehumanizer
martin era-tyr
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 1:33 am

Sabotage, that album is genius and sabbath's most complete album. A sometimes overlooked classic that is on par with Led Zep's Physical Graffiti of the same year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 4:14 pm

tyr
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats your favourites Sabbath album?   Whats your favourites Sabbath album? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats your favourites Sabbath album?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next