Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?

Go down 
+42
manny
thejokeriv
novellahub
Rex
Addy
Temple of Blood
sam
Chairman_Smith
Required Fields
Stender
XYZ
Wargod
iamrockerfun
sonofthunder
kmorg
AngelRipper16
Schbopo
DeathCult
Trial by Fire
nevermore
SAHB Healer
exact33
jstate
biddle
MetalGuy71
TheGooch
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
DallasBlack
rattpoison
arttieTHE1manparty
the sentinel
Metal Misfit
Troublezone
candlemass
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
tohostudios
Orion Crystal Ice
Lurideath
mc666
Thrasher73
46 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:56 pm

Many good albums this year and still some i'm really looking forward to like Falconer. So what is your favorite so far.
I'm loving the new Testament followed by Communic then Death Angel. A surprise for me is Eluvietie and the new Rage is great.
You?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 pm

Alot of big name bands have laid some eggs this year , IMO. But Jon Oliva's Pain - Global Warning is my pick for best of the year so far. Then Rage's Carved In Stone.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:06 pm

Gama Bomb-Citizen Brain and Death Angel-Killing Season is getting alot of spins for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:07 pm

I still need to check out that Gama Bomb. Glad someone is appreciating Death Angel besides me.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:48 pm

so far either F*ck The Facts - Disgorge Mexico, Krisiun - Southern Storm, Hate Eternal - Fury & Flames, or Aborted - Strychnine.213

however i'm still waiting on the new Motorhead & Holy Moses... i predict that they'll top my list.

Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 1:58 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I still need to check out that Gama Bomb. Glad someone is appreciating Death Angel besides me.

Yes you do.

The Death Angel gets better with each listen,IMO.Testament is the same way for me.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:14 pm

there are way too many to list and it just gets harder and harder to do with each week that passes!

At this point, I'll probably say:
Unleashed - Hammer Batallion

The new Motorhead is up there towards the top though.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:50 pm

Out of what I have:

1. Keldian - Journey of Souls
2. Earth - The Bees Made Honey in the Lion's Skull
3. Royal Hunt - Paradox II: Collision Course
4. Rage - Carved in Stone (further down... this one let me down a bit...hopefully the next one will be better like they usually are Smile )

I have yet to get the newest Zero Hour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:58 pm

Quote :
have yet to get the newest Zero Hour.

Shocked You who pimped these guys to me. It's good, dark but good.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:00 pm

Did so not pimp. Razz I have everything else of theirs. I'll get it soon enough. I do have a feeling I won't ever like anything as much as 'Towers of Avarice' or 'A Fragile Mind' though.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:01 pm

I'm looking forward to the new Falconer too, and Winterborn.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:14 pm

For me it's a tie so far between:

Sabaton - The Art Of War

and

Lechery - Violator

I'm looking forward to the new Falconer too.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:15 pm

Also really looking forward to new Diablo Swing Orchestra

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:34 pm

Airbourne-Runnin' wild
Motley Crue-Saints of LA
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:48 pm

Sevendust - Hope and Sorrow
Ayreon - 01011001
Warrel Dane - Praises to the War Machine
Avantasia - The Scarecrow

all some of my favs from this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Did so not pimp. Razz I have everything else of theirs. I'll get it soon enough. I do have a feeling I won't ever like anything as much as 'Towers of Avarice' or 'A Fragile Mind' though.
A Fragile Mind is my favorite, but the new one is just brilliant. It makes my brain bleed!

I'm going to go with Moonspell's Night Eternal for my favorite this year. There are a ton of killer releases, but this one gets almost a daily spin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:50 pm

Forgot Warrel Dane. Dang. Ok a tie for number 5.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Thus far this year my faves have been WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE by Bad Biscut and the 4-track EP by The Stoned.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:38 pm

Bridgeshadows and the new Priest so far, was Into the Pit released this year? If so, that one too! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:11 pm

I haven't been buying many CD's of late, but a couple favorites from this year would be:

King's X - XV
The Sword - Gods Of The Earth
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:13 pm

Testament
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:13 pm

Motley Crue - Saints of Los Angeles with Whitesnake following in a close 2nd.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 pm

For me, Whitesnake - Good to be Bad 🤘
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:51 pm

Tough call...so far, though, the top few would be...

Motley Crue--Saints Of Los Angeles
Testament--Formation Of Damnation
Whitesnake--Good To Be Bad
Alice Cooper--Along Came A Spider
Dokken--Lightning Strikes Again

...not in any particular order.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 2:53 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thus far this year my faves have been WE STILL BELIEVE THE HYPE by Bad Biscut and the 4-track EP by The Stoned.
Haven't bought much, have you? Haha. How is that The Stoned CD? (I really grammar sometimes; that question sounds so stupid.) Anyway, it's on my $5 To Buy list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?   Favorite Release this year so far, 2008? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite Release this year so far, 2008?
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next