Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Count Raven?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Count Raven? Empty
PostSubject: Count Raven?   Count Raven? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 11:14 pm

Anyone heard this band? Opinions?
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Count Raven? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count Raven?   Count Raven? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 11:47 pm

Early Doom band, I think from Sweden? I'm not sure where they fit into the history, but they were somewhere around early Candlemass, St. Vitus, and the Pentagram's first comeback. Let's just call them post Witchfinder.
I like them. They had a sense of humor; and I believe their best song was a satirical ridicule of the hair band movement; I can't remember the name of the song. The most important thing about them though is that they had some songs; a little more variety than Candlemass or St. Vitus.
I need to do some research and I'll get back to you...Thanks for reminding me of a cool disc.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Count Raven? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count Raven?   Count Raven? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2007 11:57 pm

Ok, the album (an L.P.!) is "Storm Warning" from 1990; so we are talking Candlemass influenced I guess. But very Ozzy from vocalist Christian Linderson who was also in St. Vitus I believe.
The amusing song (it grooves too!) is called "In The Name of Rock & Roll". Highly recommmended, and you can bet I'll dig it out and give it a listen when I get home tonight. I'd be interested to know how their other releases are; haven't heard them.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Count Raven? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count Raven?   Count Raven? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 12:20 am

trog probably loves this band, cuz the singer sounds like early Ozzy. i have 3 albums by them. Storm Warning (on Vinyl),
Destruction Of The Void, & a cd-r copy of
High On Infinity.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Count Raven? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count Raven?   Count Raven? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 8:35 am

I just picked up Destruction of the Void. Will be spinning it today. Thanks for the info.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Count Raven? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count Raven?   Count Raven? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2007 7:19 pm

I listened to the one I have last night. Like I said the one song was entertaining, but it's pretty predictable doom otherwise. Let us know what you think of Destruction of the Void.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Count Raven? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count Raven?   Count Raven? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 3:13 pm

I liked it quite a bit. Good, traditional doom metal with a heavy Sabbath inspiration. Gotta love that.

Count Raven? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Count Raven?   Count Raven? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Count Raven?
Page 1 of 1