Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG

Go down 
+6
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
Metal Misfit
MetalGuy71
skullsmasher
rattpoison
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Empty
PostSubject: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:48 am

AntiMusic reports that Jake E. Lee will appear on the entire forthcoming Enuff Z'nuff album, now titled 'Dissonance.' The band issued a special collectors edition of the disc at the Rocklahoma festival this past weekend.

The former Ozzy Osbourne/Badlands guitarist was originally believed to only make a guest appearance on the album, but ended up playing lead guitar on all of the tracks that are believed to be on the final version of the effort.

Well it's quite a surprise, i did know that Jake appeared with them at Rocklahoma.

I consider Jake to be one of the best hard rock/metal guitarists of the last 20 years due to his work with Badlands and Enuff Z'Nuff are one of my fav bands, so this is exciting to say the least.

Seems all my favourites are working with each other recently, Kory and Trouble and now Jake and Enuff Z'Nuff.

Also i have a download of the new album which is titled Lost In Vegas and was due to come out this year but it seems they've gone back and redone it with Jake and have new songs and a new title called "Dissonance".

Last edited by rattpoison on Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 8:19 am

Hmmm...why would a a hard rock/metal guitarist play with a "powerpop" band? scratch

Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Can-of-worms
Back to top Go down
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:06 am

spectrefate wrote:
Hmmm...why would a a hard rock/metal guitarist play with a "powerpop" band? scratch

That's what I was thinking.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 10:30 am

I like Jake. I like Enuff Z'nuff. But the 2 of them together seems like an odd combo for sure. That being said, I will still get this album. Although their styles may not exactly mesh, Jake is an outstanding gee-tar player and I can't imagine his playing being anything less than stellar. And I haven't heard a bad Enuff Z'nuff album yet.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:47 am

spectrefate wrote:

Since when has Jake E. Lee ever called himself a hard/rock metal guitarist?

just kidding Let's not start THAT argument all over again!
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 11:49 am

lol!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Metal Misfit wrote:

just kidding Let's not start THAT argument all over again!

You're no fun Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 12:53 pm

It's funny how all of a sudden, RP is a Jake E. Lee fan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 1:36 pm

That is amazingly odd. With all the bands he could play with why one that only is remembered for one cheesy song.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:05 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
That is amazingly odd. With all the bands he could play with why one that only is remembered for one cheesy song.

I'm sorta thinking the same thing (not the "one cheesy song" part). The guy pretty much drops off the face of the planet after Badlands, popping up every so often on a tribute disc or what have you, and then when he decides to make his come-back, it's with Enuff Z'nuff? That dude could play circles around most of the current crop of guitar guys out there and this is the band he aligns himself to? I'm not complaining, mind you, but it does seem odd to me.

Jake, slip something into Zakk's beer and go make a decent cd with Ozzy.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 2:25 pm

Did RattP ever say he didn't like JAKE E. LEE....he has spouted of his love of BADLANDS numerous times....in numerous threads.

sheesh...you guys.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:25 pm

I love Jake E Lee with Badlands. With Ozzy, not so much, although those records certainly weren't bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:29 pm

Shiney wrote:
Did RattP ever say he didn't like JAKE E. LEE....he has spouted of his love of BADLANDS numerous times....in numerous threads.

sheesh...you guys.

those posts must have got lost in the midst of all the I hate metal pots.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 3:45 pm

Quote :
I hate metal pots

You too! Glad I'm not the only one doing my cooking in Tupperware.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:20 pm

Metal pots RULE! You guys don't know what you're talking about.

And no, I don't care what Joe Elliot cooks in. angry
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
Metal pots RULE! You guys don't know what you're talking about.

And no, I don't care what Joe Elliot cooks in. angry

Joe began cooking in metal pots, but over the years, he switched to a more popular type and has sinced denied ever using metal pots. Bret Michaels has always been a proponent of plastics.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:31 pm

I don't know, I think Bret said something about nuking his food.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 4:36 pm

DenimAndLeather wrote:
I don't know, I think Bret said something about nuking his food.

He was talking about nuking Rikki Rockett and some of his vegan pals.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 6:33 pm

Could be cool. I like Jake's stuff, and really like about 2/3 of Enuff Z-Nuff's catalog, so I'm interested.

ARttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 12:18 am

I'll state it again, Voodoo Highway is one of thee greatest hard rock/metal records ever. The best 70's record made outside of the 70's, Badlands could of been the Free of the 90's!......I like metal just not that denim and leather stuff.

....Anyway it may seem a strange fit Jake being with ENZ but the record their releasing which is basically the unreleased 'Lost In Vegas' which i downloaded earlier this year is a bit more metallic and hard rocked. There's one song that sounds like King's X (Code Red) but then there's another that sounds like Elvis Costello (Run For Your Life), some power pop punk blitzers and crunchy metal numbers all with that trademark Beatles/Cheap Trick/Raspberries sound.

I'd say Jake would be a pretty versatile player too, so anything he finds his way into he would be able to adapt and bring out what's best for the songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 1:50 pm

I guess i'm just wanting him to do something that will put him more at the forefront. The guys is too good to be so unknown.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeFri Jul 18, 2008 1:49 am

The song 'High' has appeared on their myspace, it's mean't to be from the new record although i don't know if Jake has played on this version yet because it sounds identical to the version on the aborted 'Lost In Vegas' album that was mean't to come out earlier this year.

Anyway great song (High)......

http://www.myspace.com/znuff
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 7:56 pm

So this song is off the new album and features Jake on guitar.

Lazy Dazy
http://www.myspace.com/znuff
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:19 am

I like that Lazy Dazy tune. I'll probably be picking this up when it's released.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:02 am

spectrefate wrote:

Exactly! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG   Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jake E. Lee: Guitarist on new Enuff Z'Nuff album! NEW SONG
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next