Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CD collection Website

Go down 
+15
A Handful of Wayne
EvyMetal
DeathCult
kmorg
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Metal Misfit
exact33
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
ultmetal
mc666
thejokeriv
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

CD collection Website Empty
PostSubject: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:16 pm

After being inspired to do it from Phoenix Reign Drummer, and Finally after a couple of weeks of work, I have begun my first CD collection site. I haven't quite decided what else, if anything, I will add, but it features all of my CDs in an easy to navigate site.

When you get a chance, check it out!

It's still uploading, so give it a few minutes. Smile

CD collection Website Collection_logo
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:23 pm

Awesome man!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:29 pm

Too wide. You should never have to scroll left or right on a website. Up and down is fine, of course.

Since you have everything added, I'd start with changing the album page layout from centered to a left-justified style, one album per line, and then start adding short blurbs and whatnot.

Another thing; you need more CDs!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:31 pm

it looks good, but didn't you basically already have this at rateyourmusic, except with ratings & reviews?

mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Too wide. You should never have to scroll left or right on a website.
i do not have that problem.

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:33 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Too wide. You should never have to scroll left or right on a website. Up and down is fine, of course.

Since you have everything added, I'd start with changing the album page layout from centered to a left-justified style, one album per line, and then start adding short blurbs and whatnot.

What is your screen resolution? I have tested it on 1280 to 1920 widths on most browsers and haven't encountered a scroll issue.
As for the left justified suggestion, I purposefully don't want to do Nolifetilmetal.com II out of respect.

Last edited by spectrefate on Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:34 pm

Nice, but no Ultimatum. growl

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:34 pm

mc666 wrote:
it looks good, but didn't you basically already have this at rateyourmusic, except with ratings & reviews?

Yes, but I can control the layout, etc. now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:35 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Nice, but no Ultimatum. growl

I have to get those back soon. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:47 pm

mc666 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Too wide. You should never have to scroll left or right on a website.
i do not have that problem.
Well, I do at work. It probably won't be an issue at home.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

What is your screen resolution? I have tested it on 1280 to 1920 widths on most browsers and haven't encountered a scroll issue.
As for the left justified suggestion, I purposefully don't want to do Nolifetilmetal.com II out of respect.
Well, it's not like NLTM is an original concept (no offense, Scott!). Haha. There's plenty of sites out there doing the same thing.

And my resolution is set to 1024 x 768.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:53 pm

Yeah 1024 is going to have a scrollbar. I don't care. Peeps need to upgrade. Smile

As for more CDs? I may have too many right now. I don't know how you do it, Eyesore. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:56 pm

It's attractive. I like all the covers. Must have taken forever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 9:58 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
It's attractive. I like all the covers. Must have taken forever.

Thanks, it took about 80 hours. (shhh, I did it at work Smile )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:20 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Yeah 1024 is going to have a scrollbar. I don't care. Peeps need to upgrade. Smile
Most people are going to have that problem. You're mean.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:31 pm

Looks cool to me Spec.

If only I were childless, wifeless and had more ambition I'd whip up a site like this for my collection.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Looks cool to me Spec.

If only I were childless, wifeless and had more ambition I'd whip up a site like this for my collection.

Thank ya, Mr. Fat. Honestly, I'm positive that you are more ambitious than I am. I just got bored. Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:54 pm

Very very nice! My list is a simple web-based text version. I really should do something to it but I have enough of a hard time keeping it up to date now: http://exact3.tripod.com/pmcdlist.html

yours is much nicer by comparison!!

Alex

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 10:56 pm

exact33 wrote:
Very very nice! My list is a simple web-based text version. I really should do something to it but I have enough of a hard time keeping it up to date now: http://exact3.tripod.com/pmcdlist.html

yours is much nicer by comparison!!

Alex

Yours is nice too, Alex. I'm a visual kind of guy thus all the pictures. Yours is more informative. Everyone has what is important to them. Smile
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:00 pm

i think the nicest thing is to see how much you have by a particular artist. I love your Grave Digger page! It is amazing to see how many cds they have and to remember all of them!!

Alex

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:12 pm

exact33 wrote:
i think the nicest thing is to see how much you have by a particular artist. I love your Grave Digger page! It is amazing to see how many cds they have and to remember all of them!!

Alex

Those Grave Diggers are all awesome. Smile

Going through all the CDs, I forgot I had some of them. That's why I think I have reached my limit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 pm

Can we mock you over the Indigo Girls?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Can we mock you over the Indigo Girls?

Yep. Those albums are great. Don't miss the large Melissa Etheridge collection too. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2008 11:50 pm

I respect you having all those Grave Diggers and Rage albums, so no real disrespect can be shown.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 1:31 am

Eyesore wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
Most people are going to have that problem. You're mean.

Nah, worked fine for me, bucko!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CD collection Website   CD collection Website Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CD collection Website
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next