Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another List

Go down 
+2
Metal Misfit
the sentinel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:32 pm

I know we discuss alot of lists here at HoM; but they come mostly from mainstream sources that are about music in general and not geared toward to hard rock/heavy metal. This is from a hard rock/heavy metal site. If I am understanding the criteria correctly, the albums are voted on by the sites visitors and all those on the list received a 4/5 or higher and they are ranked based on their respective averages. So, have at it.

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/topten.cgi

It's not so much that I disagree with the choices, rather it's the exclusion of such classics as Stained Class, Number of the Beast, Master of Puppets, Among the Living, and 2112 that has me scratching my beard. Peace.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Yeah, I'm a member of that site. It's amazing some of what's made it into their top 100 (bands I've never heard of), but it's also really geared towards melodic hard rock/AOR, so that explains heavy metal's lack of presence.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:44 am

the sentinel wrote:

It's not so much that I disagree with the choices, rather it's the exclusion of such classics as Stained Class, Number of the Beast, Master of Puppets, Among the Living, and 2112 that has me scratching my beard. Peace.

Heavy Harmonies is a site were all the frilly bloused AOR wusses and bandana'd Hair Band doods hang out.

Those albums you listed are not even listed on the site, therefore can't get votes.

The list is very esoteric, as in 4 men and a dog have heard of some obscure Austrian proggy hard AOR album from 1989 and all think it's the bee's knees. Giving it a high combined rating.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 8:49 am

rattpoison wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Heavy Harmonies is a site were all the frilly bloused AOR wusses and bandana'd Hair Band doods hang out.

The list is very esoteric, as in 4 men and a dog have heard of some obscure Austrian proggy hard AOR album from 1989 and all think it's the bee's knees. Giving it a high combined rating.

Sounds like a place for rattpoison!! Laughing

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 9:03 am

kmorg wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Sounds like a place for rattpoison!! Laughing

What do you expect from a guy who uses the old timer's saying, "bee's knees"? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:22 am

DallasBlack wrote:

What do you expect from a guy who uses the old timer's saying, "bee's knees"? Smile

I was just talking the language of the native's there. Cool

Last edited by rattpoison on Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:22 am

sick
top 100 list
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 10:25 am

Quote :
Those albums you listed are not even listed on the site, therefore can't get votes.

www.brutalmetal.com

Heavy Harmonies Metal division...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 1:21 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

www.brutalmetal.com

Heavy Harmonies Metal division...

Ahh, I see. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Another List Empty
PostSubject: Re: Another List   Another List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Another List
Page 1 of 1