Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wedding Music!

Go down 
+5
spiritoradio
thejokeriv
Fat Freddy
TheGooch
rattpoison
9 posters
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:07 am

What music did you have played at your wedding/reception? Or been to any weddings where great music was played?

Did you keep the music not to offend the masses, or did you just go with whatever you liked?

I was at my cousins wedding yesterday, and the music was great. The bride came down the aisle to the strains of the Velvet Underground....

....And at the reception we were peppered with obscure AC/DC, Ramones songs. Obscure 70's Boston punks the Real Kids. Tom Waits and the Shangri-Las. 60's garage from the Count Five and the Sonics. Old Rock N' Roll, Chuck Berry, Little Richard, Jerry Lee Lewis etc. Old Stax soul 45's.

I knew we were in business when the DJ turned up in a blue velvet jacket and a couple of crates of dusty vinyls. Plus i shouldn't have expected any less since the groom was the drummer in a couple of great Australian rock n' roll bands.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:53 am

best song i ever heard at a wedding was I dont want to miss a thing by aerosmith the rest is all cheese
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 2:35 pm

When I got married, I had absolutely NO say in what music was played @ the wedding reception, which was not really a surprise. The DJ we hired kept to a mix of the tried-and-true, i.e. "party favorites," some top 40, a lot of golden oldies. Our "first dance" song was some godawful country ballad by a Garth Brooks wanna be named John Michael Montgomery (gaaaaaack!).

The DJ did eventually throw me a few bones by playing KISS' "Strutter," GNR's "Sweet Child..." and the Ramones' "I Wanna Be Sedated" later in the reception when everybody was good and drunk. My brother in law kept bugging him all night to throw on some Motorhead or Venom but the guy was like "Dude, you want me to get fired?" Haha.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Oh well at least you got some good stuff in the end.

I promise myself if i get married i'm having a say in the music. Although women have strange powers that can derail any well laid plan.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 7:01 pm

I don't even remember - the whole night was a blur! All I remember is everyone having a good time.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:20 pm

rattpoison wrote:

I promise myself if i get married i'm having a say in the music.

Dude, take it from someone who's been there. It aint' worth it to try and get in the Bride-to-be's way about ANYthing regarding the wedding planning. It's HER day. You're just the guy in the dark suit who shows up at the appropriate time and says "I do." Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 3:04 am

Our first dance wedding song(s) were: The Beatles - In My Life & Kiss - Every Time I Look at You

I actually brought my own cds and put post-its on them with good tracks to play and it ended up really nice. Luckily my wife has a lot of the same tastes in music that I do, so I got that going for me.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:13 pm

I'd get Fade To Black played at my wedding Very Happy
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:16 pm

#1 - like FF said - it's HER day.

Quote :
I don't even remember - the whole night was a blur! All I remember is everyone having a good time.

That's how I was. I was sun burnt and as a 25 yo virgin just trying to stop imagining my wife naked! I do remember that I ate some good food!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 4:16 pm

I made the mixes to be played at our reception...THE CURE, PULP, PETER MURPHY, ROLLING STONES, BOWIE, DOKKEN...an ecclectic mess it was.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:39 pm

we had songs by artists we both love. Judas Priest's Last Rose Of Summer & Here Come The Tears. Danzig's Blood & Tears & Sistinas. Steelheart's I'll Never Let You Go. Santuary's White Rabbit. Sleeze Beez's This Time. LA Gun's The Ballad Of Jayne. there were more, but i can't recall.

no death black or grind though as my wife hates that stuff.

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 4:11 am

I want to have Accept's "Balls to the wall" at my wedding!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wedding Music! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wedding Music!   Wedding Music! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wedding Music!
Page 1 of 1