Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Gathering

Go down 
+5
AchrisK
nevermore
mc666
tohostudios
Selvmord
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 pm

I've been listening to The Gathering a lot lately. My favorite is if_then_else. I like everything they've done with Anneke though.

What's YOUR favorite?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:14 pm

Man, when I first got into female fronted bands, I read a lot of glowing reviews of this band. I have about 4 or 5 CDs by them and never listen to them. I like the singer's voice but the music is just too prog for me.

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:18 pm

Nighttime Birds is the only one I liked.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:24 pm

I have Mandylion, If Then Else, How To Measure A Planet and Nighttime Birds. Never listen to any of them.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'll sell any of those for $8 including shipping in the US.

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 9:57 pm

How To Measure A Planet is my favorite, but I like them all. Well, I don't often listen to...Almost A Dance, I think. The one with the cheesy epic clean vocals. It's decent, but the vocals are goofy-sounding.

I'm interested to see where they go without Anneke. I don't think she's as replacable as most other female vocalists. She's got a really unique tone. I'd like to hear them with another male singer. A good one.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2008 10:57 pm

Selvmord wrote:
I've been listening to The Gathering a lot lately. My favorite is if_then_else. I like everything they've done with Anneke though.

What's YOUR favorite?
that's also my personal favorite. it seemed to capture a bit of every style they experimented with.

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 8:55 am

Mandylion & HTMAP...
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2008 3:34 pm

Mandylion is my favorite.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:08 am

Mandylion is amazing.

It's odd to me that nothing else I ever listened to from them appealed to me.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 11:26 am

Anneke's voice melts me like butter and I like How To Measure A Planet most (though I don't have it anymore-Toho I might take you up on your offer). I recenty got Nightime Birds (special edition) and liked it but need to give it more spins same thing goes with Mandylion.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 8:32 pm

Admit it, at least one of you thought that this was going to be a Testament thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 6:11 am

Mandylion, Nighttime Birds, Almost a Dance
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 8:45 pm

I'm really liking Anneke solo project too..... Very moving....
Back to top Go down

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 9:06 pm

I still need to grab her new project.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 2:40 pm

Interesting...the Always era lineup is reforming:

http://www.bravewords.com/news/175057

I thought The Gathering was done with the old Death/Doom days for good...

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:03 pm

it's just for a show right? that's how i understand it. i doubt they are pulling a C.O.C. & recording any new studio material.

hopefully their actual next album with Silje will be heavier as a result of their nostalgic feelings though.

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitimeWed Dec 28, 2011 4:17 pm

Yeah, it appears to be a one off...

The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Gathering   The Gathering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Gathering
Page 1 of 1