Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testament - The Gathering

Go down 
+16
Mortuary
EvyMetal
bgast1
Temple of Blood
MetalRob331
mc666
Thrasher73
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
DallasBlack
Invader
Smindas
KissinMaiden
Troublezone
GrandNational
INVADERS
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Testament - The Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 8:54 pm

i wanted to know what you guys thought of this album.
Everyone goes on about the early testament stuff, but personally, i think this album is there best release.

i'm only bringing this up because i'm abit drunk and head banging the hell outta this CD.

but i'd like to knoiw your views....

Down for Life rulez !!!!

Testament - The Gathering 795291
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:04 pm

I love this album. It's heavy and the drumming is great. The riiffs, vocals, everything about it is menacing and headbangable 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:07 pm

Drunk? It's Thursday! Oh, wait, you're British. That's normal.

Anyway, this album is absolutely killer, but I've always felt that it's not an album I can just crank any time, it doesn't seem to have that staying power like early stuff has. I can crank those any day, any time. There's just something special about them. I feel the same way about all the early albums up to The Ritual. After that, while they still released three killer albums, those albums are some that you just have to be in the right mood for. Does that make sense?

Low and The Gathering are brutal killers, but I can't get into them all the time. Demonic even less so, for obvious reasons. But from The Ritual back, I can put those on any day of the week and love it.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 pm

woah . . . what you ttying to say bout the british like..... th reason i'm a bit drunk is coz i ain't got work 2moro and i had a gig and the manager paid us in drink so ... there ya go...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 2:38 am

Love it! But it lacks solos.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 2:54 am

i'm high and I like this album, ill listen to it right now.
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 2:55 am

once i'm done with candlemass
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 3:01 am

INVADERS wrote:
woah . . . what you ttying to say bout the british like..... th reason i'm a bit drunk is coz i ain't got work 2moro and i had a gig and the manager paid us in drink so ... there ya go...
Hey, I lived there for 4 years; I know what the deal is. lol!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:21 am

Eyesore wrote:
INVADERS wrote:

🤘
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:18 am

The Gathering is one of my favourite thrash albums. It's monstrously heavy, incredibly dark and just has incredible musicianship and song writing. True Believer is one of the first Testament songs I heard, and it got me hooked.

Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 5:22 am

Great album. It's not their best album, but it's very good.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 9:30 am

Unfortunatly I didn't have it long enough to really have it grow on me. Like Eyesore said about the lack of staying power, it just didn't grab me as much as the others (Low was the last one for me as far as staying power). On my to do list is to go back and get some of my old albums back, after I get Low and the ones before it I will then get Demonic and The Gathering again to give both another chance.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:04 pm

Eyesore wrote:
INVADERS wrote:

we british like beer i think i may drink some now or soon

well i have decided not too as it will make me fat and god i feel fat even though i aint just had too much soup for dinner
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 4:15 pm

Beer is British sustenance. We truly are a binge nation Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:25 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Drunk? It's Thursday! Oh, wait, you're British. That's normal.

What would you think about me if I say that monday and tuesday were full of beer?

Thursday is ok, a good day to start!
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2007 7:28 pm

i like the gathering but i wouldn't say its one of testaments best. kind of disappointed with steve digiorgio on that one as hes pretty anonymous but dave lombardos drumming more than makes up for it
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 1:29 am

Great album.Not my favorite Testament though.That would be either The New Order or Practice what you Preach
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2007 8:59 am

it is Testaments finest hour. Lombardo was a great pick for the kit. always is.

MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:35 pm

Loved this album, it's so heavy.. true Believer is my fav track...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 10:53 pm

Good but not great.
Back to top Go down
bgast1
Metal master
Metal master
bgast1

Number of posts : 710

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:31 pm

Speaking of Testament, I am listening to Demonic right now. But, I've got a question. Is this a death metal album that I am listening to or thrash? Honestly, it sounds like both,
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 2:54 am

Hey, I'm not drunk or high and I will listen to this album!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 6:43 am

bgast1 wrote:
Speaking of Testament, I am listening to Demonic right now. But, I've got a question. Is this a death metal album that I am listening to or thrash? Honestly, it sounds like both,

i remember putting that cd in and thinking wow death metal vocals. Kind of caught me off guard. Love it though
Back to top Go down
Mortuary
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Mortuary

Number of posts : 498

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 1:55 pm

It's not their best but it's a great album.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2008 3:55 pm

The Gathering is a decent album. Not their best to me either, but its got a lot of balls! I wish the mix was just a little better so you can hear all the instruments. The bass is not very present.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testament - The Gathering   Testament - The Gathering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testament - The Gathering
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next