Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Magic the Gathering

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Magic the Gathering Empty
PostSubject: Magic the Gathering   Magic the Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 2:01 am

Anyone play?

My gf's son has been getting into it so we got him a starter set for Christmas. I was thinking of giving it a shot too as it seems interesting and is something that we could do together. What do I need? any advice? Anyone have any extra cards they want to get rid of?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Magic the Gathering   Magic the Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 3:37 am

I used to "play" and when I mean play, I mean lose every time. I was in 7th grade at the time so I guess I really didn't know how to play, I bet if I tried now I could figure it out better. It was pretty fun though and if anything the card art is fantastic and some cards are highly collectible, if your into that sort of thing. It's basically D & D with cards and a little less imagination. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Magic the Gathering   Magic the Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 8:22 am

When I first started dating my girfriend (who is now my wife) she had a younger cousin (she was about 12 or 13 at the time) who was full on into that "Magic" stuff. She tried to teach me the game at a couple of family gatherings but I could never make heads or tails of it. Like spiritoradio sez, tho, some the cards' artwork is fun to look at.

By the way, that younger cousin is now in her early 20s and is a militant lesbian. I don't know if that had anything to do with "Magic: The Gathering" though Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Magic the Gathering   Magic the Gathering Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 11:14 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

By the way, that younger cousin is now in her early 20s and is a militant lesbian. I don't know if that had anything to do with "Magic: The Gathering" though Smile

Well I hope it doesn't do that to me or my gf's son if we play Magic insane
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Magic the Gathering   Magic the Gathering Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 4:16 am

I play magic lots! I spend many friday nights at my local comic store playing in a league or playing tournaments I'm not bad at the game I came close to competing in the pro tour once but that was lucky
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Magic the Gathering   Magic the Gathering Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Magic the Gathering
Page 1 of 1