Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Classic Rock...Guitar Heros

Go down 
+13
INVADERS
TH Joe
mr.electric39
arttieTHE1manparty
stepcousin
mc666
KissinMaiden
caniplaywithmadness?
Wargod
kmorg
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2007 8:31 pm

I don't think that Stevie Ray Vaughn is overrated in any way. He totally earned his spot on that list(even though it is flawed), but any man that practices so much that the calusis he has built up on his fingers falls off, then glues them back on to practice more to hone is craft, is a wild guitar hero to me and deserves the title.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:08 am

John Sykes needs to be up there at least the lower top.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 1:09 am

Paul Gilbert also. He is one of the best ever and is outrageous on stage.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 2:00 am

I have to disagree with the comments made about Kurt Cobain not being a great guitarist or wild. I think Kurt Cobain is a great guitarist, technical ability is not everything (although Kurt has more than he is credited for). What makes a great guitarist is producing music that is memorable, skillful, unique. Kurt's guitar playing ticks all those boxes, his riffs and solos are brilliant. Don't get me wrong i love my neo-classical shredders like Yngwie, Friedman etc but there is no denying Kurts' brilliance with the guitar. As for wild his behaviour was unpredictable both onstage and offstage.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2007 2:30 am

TH Joe wrote:
Can you even consider Steve Jones to be a guitar player, at all?

Again, people have this thing with the Sex Pistols assuming they all can't play or sing. Probably something to do with 2nd bass player Sid Vicious not being able to play bass and/or infamy overshadowing the music. But the truth is Steve Jones is a great guitarist, co-producer of Never Mind The Bollocks Bill Price called Jones one of the tightest guitarists he has ever worked with and indeed if you listen to the classic album head to toe you will notice his chord and note progressions are impeccable. The riffs are just so memorable. Also if Steve wasn't a good guitarist why did he play with the likes of Bob Dylan, Thin Lizzy, Joan Jett, Iggy Pop.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 2:33 am

01. Jimi Hendrix (Possibly the most revolutionary guitarist of all time)

02. Keith Richards (Not famaliar)

03. Stevie Ray Vaughan (Hell naw... He's good, but not revolutionary...)

04. Jimmy Page (Overrated at times, but deserves his spot.)

05. "Dimebag" Darrell Abbott (Ick... NO. Dimebag is so overrated it's hilarious)

06. Tony Iommi (Almighty riffs.... deserves the spot for sure.)

07. Rory Gallagher (Heard the name, haven't heard any of his playing.)

08. Eddie Van Halen (Incredible guitarist... was one of the most influential tap players...)

09. Chuck Berry (Pretty much, I say he does deserve the spot.)

10. Kurt Cobain (Shouldn't even of been on the list...)

11. Steve Clark (Who?)

12. James Hetfield (Tight rythym playing, but doesn't deserve to be on here.)

13. Brian Jones (Who?)

14. Jeff Beck (Heard the name, not the playing...)

15. John Frusciante (See above...)

16. Steve Jones (See above...)

17. Johnny Thunders (See above...)

18. Ted Nugent (Hell yeah! Should be higher...)

19. Peter Green (Why not? Higher!)

20. Ace Frehley (Wild for sure! HIGHER)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2007 9:59 am

rattpoison wrote:
TH Joe wrote:
Can you even consider Steve Jones to be a guitar player, at all?

Again, people have this thing with the Sex Pistols assuming they all can't play or sing. Probably something to do with 2nd bass player Sid Vicious not being able to play bass and/or infamy overshadowing the music. But the truth is Steve Jones is a great guitarist, co-producer of Never Mind The Bollocks Bill Price called Jones one of the tightest guitarists he has ever worked with and indeed if you listen to the classic album head to toe you will notice his chord and note progressions are impeccable. The riffs are just so memorable. Also if Steve wasn't a good guitarist why did he play with the likes of Bob Dylan, Thin Lizzy, Joan Jett, Iggy Pop.

I'm not a musician, so I can't speak about his playing skills, but I do enjoy Steve Jones' solo album Fire & Gasoline. Really good hard rock album with some cool guests (Ian Astbury, Axl Rose, Nikki Sixx).
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 28, 2007 2:06 am

Yeah i like that album too, very cool late 80's hard rock album with cameos from the whos who of hard rock.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:18 pm

BUCKETHEAD SHOULD BE NUMBER ONE!
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2007 5:40 pm

Stupid, dumb list! GOSHHHHHH!!! Idiots!lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classic Rock...Guitar Heros   Classic Rock...Guitar Heros - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classic Rock...Guitar Heros
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2