Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Empty
PostSubject: Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands   Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 8:51 pm

This was one of my first power metal albums. After buying Helloween's Walls of Jericho (and shortly after Keepers Part II), I ordered this album in October (along with several other power metal albums) through CD universe. From reading Ult's reviews of Rhap's albums, I eagerly played this one first (and many times since).

I say this a lot about albums that are progressive, techincal, and epic, but it's probably more true with this albums than any other: you have to (HAVE TO) sit down and really listen to the music. There's so much going on here. However, whereas other progressive albums demand focus primarily for musicianship (lyrics, of course, are important, too), this album provides the listener with the opportunity to lose him/herself in the story; in a sense, it's less of an album and more of a multi-sense experience. And, as this is the second installment in the Emerald Sword Saga, there is quite an elaborate story (if you can keep up with the speed). headbanger

As for the music, this is extremely complex, dynamic music. There are apparent influences from all over the place (this was the first album I'd ever heard with Celtic elements). This album differs from most power metal in that guitars aren't as prominent, or, at least, aren't the focus; don't expect Megadeth style shred solos. That being said, this album certainly lives up to its genre name in the tempos: though there's much variance, this album is full of blisterring fast double-bass drumming, so fast that it puts Helloween to shame (....I didn't just say that). The vocals, uplifting in tone, are very fitting to the music. Actually, I find that vocalist Fabio Lione sounds similar to Dream Theater vocalist James Labrie.

And the battle rages on..... Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands 505193
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands   Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:09 pm

....is there an echo in here?......
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands   Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 10:26 pm

This album was awesome but not as good as their first album Legendary Tales. I was really into this band for a long while but then Symphony of Enchanted Lands II came out and their whole song writing style kind of changed. They used to have these really great catchy chorus' but now they are missing that. If Symphony of Enchanted Lands is the only album you have I suggest you pick up Legendary Tales, Dawn Of Victory and Power Of The Dragon Flame the albums after that kind of lose it for me. Oh and now they are called Rhapsody of Fire, yet another thing just to kill this band.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands   Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:56 am

I just sold this album today at CD Trader. I just couldn't handle the cheese anymore. It was good while it lasted, but I guess as we get older.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands   Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhapsody - Symphony of Enchanted Lands
Page 1 of 1