Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!

Go down 
+5
A Handful of Wayne
Doomdance
Orion Crystal Ice
INVADERS
RiseAndFall
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RiseAndFall
Metal novice
Metal novice
RiseAndFall

Number of posts : 38

RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Empty
PostSubject: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 3:24 am

I am looking for some IMO's on Rhapsody and what people think of them as Rhapsody or as Rhapsody of Fire, because personally I miss them when they were just Rhapsody. I am not digging their Rhapsody of Fire Material.

And I just wanted to start a topic RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hromcan
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 7:37 am

I used to like Rhapsody a lot when I was younger. not so much now. I don't think there's any real difference between Rhapsody or Rhapsody Of Fire. It's the same exact band, just with name change due to legal issues. The RoF albums would have sounded exactly the same if they were just called Rhapsody. Luca Turilli is an awesome guitarist however.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:10 am

Love them for the most part, some stuff is really kind of terrible (the Triumph or Agony album, a good half of Symphony 1, and one of the worst songs ever, 'Forest of Unicorns'), but great band, great music, great melodies. One of the most fun bands out there. 'Power of the Dragonflame', 'Dawn of Victory', and the debut are my favorites. 'Symphony II' had parts and even a few songs which I was really wowed by, but as an album fell short. Have you heard the new one? That one is Rhapsody of Fire of course, pretty sure you would like that one as it's more like the older stuff.
Back to top Go down
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:15 am

I like the music, can't stand the singer... with his terrible accent.

The mighty swwwwwwwwwwwwword.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 8:22 am

Yes. Yes. About that sword..now it's time to go to it. It's time to follow the king's holy call. Yes. I wouldn't make this stuff up.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:09 am

They are awesome. I think they dropped the ball on their last few albums but with this new one they have out (I have yet to hear) the samples I have heard sound awesome. So I'm going to have to say they have got ther fire back.

I think somehow Joey Dimaeo screwed this band when they were on his label. Because during that time is when the music went down hill.

Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 9:17 am

I read an interview and they couldn't get into the Manowar label stuff due to legal issues. But indeed, I also think DeMaeo screwed them bigtime.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 10:01 am

Joey did the same with RoF that he did to his own band; over symphonize it! The new RoF album sounds awesome, and is a true return to form, from what I've heard. That being said, there is not a Rhapsody/of Fire album i have disliked so far.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 11:04 am

kmorg wrote:
Joey did the same with RoF that he did to his own band; over symphonize it! The new RoF album sounds awesome, and is a true return to form, from what I've heard. That being said, there is not a Rhapsody/of Fire album i have disliked so far.

I agree with Kurt. They went too far overboard on the last couple of cds. This is one is much better from what i have heard. I dont like the name change but i understand why it happened.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:36 am

Rhapsody (which is what I still call them, and consider them), is one of my favorite bands!

I've not been as impressed with their recent stuff (like others have stated), but I keep hearing about a return to the sound I love, so I plan on getting the new one sometime.

I almost picked it up today, but got something else instead.
Back to top Go down
RiseAndFall
Metal novice
Metal novice
RiseAndFall

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:40 am

Well yeah it's a good call saying their newer albums probably wouldn't be any different if there even wasn't a name change. I just feel like Rhapsody tried to start this new era after changing the name. I have heard stuff from the new album but not alot. It does sound rather classic rhapsody but it feels like it sounds like more of typical filler rhapsody as opposed to the incredible epic stuff. BUt I suppose I should do more research to judge. Anyways the main point is made, if Rhapsody of Fire comes to calgary I am still going to be pumped to hear dawn of victory, dargor and what not regardless. I just wanted to hear of others felt like the name change spun the band around. I will also look into this Joey Dimeao character. call me a n00b, but I am just ignorant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hromcan
Doomdance
Metal student
Metal student
Doomdance

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 5:51 am

RiseAndFall wrote:
I will also look into this Joey Dimeao character. call me a n00b, but I am just ignorant.

DiMaeo is Mister ManOwaR himself.
The man the legend the poser the loser...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 8:13 am

Doomdance wrote:
RiseAndFall wrote:
I will also look into this Joey Dimeao character. call me a n00b, but I am just ignorant.

DiMaeo is Mister ManOwaR himself.
The man the legend the poser the loser...

the fur dresser!!

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Joey also runs Magic Circle, the label Rhpsody of Fire were signed too. What soulh have been a match made in... eh, hell(?) turned out to be a disaster for RoF. Joey wanted to control everything. It's actually funny, that Joey, who lets no one tell him how to run his own band, Manowar, is such a dick when it comes to other bands on his label. Finally RoF have been bought out from their contract, and are now on Nuclear Blast.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 2:52 am

That's too bad about Joey doing them that way. I thought better of him.

I'm still a huge Manowar fan though. Regardless.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 8:14 am

kmorg wrote:
Joey also runs Magic Circle, the label Rhpsody of Fire were signed too. What soulh have been a match made in... eh, hell(?) turned out to be a disaster for RoF. Joey wanted to control everything. It's actually funny, that Joey, who lets no one tell him how to run his own band, Manowar, is such a dick when it comes to other bands on his label. Finally RoF have been bought out from their contract, and are now on Nuclear Blast.

and coincidentally are releasing better material.

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 10:46 pm

so I tried to make a best of comp thing the other day..

Warrior Of Ice
Never Forgotten Heroes
Queen Of The Dark Horizons
Land Of Immortals (Remix)
Dawn Of Victory
Holy Thunderforce
Emerald Sword
Eternal Glory
Power Of The Dragonflame
The March Of The Swordmaster
Lamento Eroico
Sacred Power Of Raging Winds
The Magic Of The Wizard's Dream (with Christopher Lee)..and I didn't realize how cool the song was until lately, for some reason

I wanted to have some others.. 'Lord of the Thunder'... 'Steelgods of the Last Apocalypse' ... but not enough time on the CD..
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 1:29 am

Nice playlist OCI!

I can dig it!

RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! 438278
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 8:19 am

nice cd OCI!

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 9:25 am

RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! 11840

I don't understand why the 'Magic of the Wizard's Dream' that has Christopher Lee in a lead voice was not on the album (it's on the EP of the same title). Fabio is not hitting the low part with the grandeur that Mr. Lee does (I know it is my faaaate..)...it's a little slower but I think it's the superior version.

Been revisiting everything cause of the new one, which I'm going to try to get tomorrow. RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! 11840
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:04 am

The new one is really good! Def. a return to form. It's still symphonic, but that is a Rhapsody trademark, right?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 12:58 pm

kmorg wrote:
The new one is really good! Def. a return to form. It's still symphonic, but that is a Rhapsody trademark, right?

I am getting excited to get this then. I have been waiting for Rhapsody to sound more like Rhapsody again..

Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 11:15 pm

A ManOwaR cover, good choice of song. I assume this from is back when they were on decent terms. Awesome cover.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 4:21 am

kmorg wrote:

You betchya!

RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:07 am

Metallic Blaze wrote:
kmorg wrote:

You betchya!

RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_wink

your not canadian!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!   RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RHAPSODY or RHAPSODY OF FIRE!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next