Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands

Go down 
+10
Eyesore
kmorg
chewie
exact33
Approval Guy
Smindas
T-Roy
Temple of Blood
Fat Freddy
Spiner202
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Empty
PostSubject: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:46 am

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=162040

This is one of the strangest things I've ever read. Rhapsody of Fire will continue without founding member Luca Turilli. He will leave to start the band Rhapsody with new musicians. Alex Holzwarth (drums) will play in both bands.

I'm not sure how Luca will get away with using the band name Rhapsody, and I don't think RoF should continue after ending their epic saga. I also assume both bands will be playing old stuff live in concert, so I would go to see RoF to hear Fabio sing the songs.

I guess I'll just start collecting their back catalogue until this is a bit more resolved :/
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:47 am

So they split in two, like an amoeba? Weird. But then, this band has always been weird.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:56 am

This will be confusing for the fans.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:06 am

From a marketing perspective this is guaranteed to fail. You never want to confuse the consumer base. And to somehow arrive at this conclusion? fainting
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:08 am

Well, this is idiotic.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 am

I thought the reason they changed the band name to "...Of Fire" was because someone else (perhaps the online music service?) had copyrighted the "Rhapsody" name. So what gives Turilli the right to use the old name again?

This is gonna be like the Oliver/Dawson Saxon vs. Saxon show, or the Phil Lewis L.A. Guns vs. the Tracii Guns L.A. Guns, all over again.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 pm

Just to clarify the naming situation, here's a post from the singer/keyboardist of Alestorm about what happened:

Quote :
There was no copyright claim. It is all marketing [...] They used to be part of Magic Circle Music, as owned by Joey DeMaio. As part of that deal they were only allowed to play gigs if it was a support slot to Manowar, and also Joey told them to rename the band as he is a psychopath. Exactly the same thing happened with Majesty (whose name was changed to Metalforce for the duration of their deal with MCM, which has since terminated and they reverted back to Majesty).
Back to top Go down
Approval Guy
Metal novice
Metal novice
Approval Guy

Number of posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:23 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
Just to clarify the naming situation, here's a post from the singer/keyboardist of Alestorm about what happened:

Quote :
There was no copyright claim. It is all marketing [...] They used to be part of Magic Circle Music, as owned by Joey DeMaio. As part of that deal they were only allowed to play gigs if it was a support slot to Manowar, and also Joey told them to rename the band as he is a psychopath. Exactly the same thing happened with Majesty (whose name was changed to Metalforce for the duration of their deal with MCM, which has since terminated and they reverted back to Majesty).

Joey DeMaio is a grade A douchebag.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Ha! Interesting.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I thought the reason they changed the band name to "...Of Fire" was because someone else (perhaps the online music service?) had copyrighted the "Rhapsody" name. So what gives Turilli the right to use the old name again?

This is gonna be like the Oliver/Dawson Saxon vs. Saxon show, or the Phil Lewis L.A. Guns vs. the Tracii Guns L.A. Guns, all over again.

and they will do 'reunion' show at some point down the line.

I like old Rhapsody but I am not sure about this. Luca should just his solo stuff - the first two albums were great.

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Spiner202 wrote:

Quote :

So in other words... Joey DeMaio wasn't content with merely ruining his own band (see: GODS OF WAR), he has to ruin every band he comes into contact with? surprised

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:28 pm

I haven't listened to these guys since the name change.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:37 pm

Maybe this is a way for them to earn twice as much money? If it works, good for them.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:18 pm

chewie wrote:
I haven't listened to these guys since the name change.

You should. Frozen Tears of Angels was pretty good, but their new album was even better. Especially the 20 minute epic "Heroes of the Waterfalls' Kingdom"
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:24 pm

Man, so much drama in the metal world.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:06 pm

exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I like old Rhapsody but I am not sure about this. Luca should just his solo stuff - the first two albums were great.
Definitely. Prophet of the Last Eclipse is so damn good! And the EPs between those first two albums are very good, too.

I enjoyed Lost Horizons and the Virus EP, but they weren't nearly as good. Way too different. Maybe that was the point, though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:24 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Spiner202 wrote:

Quote :

So in other words... Joey DeMaio wasn't content with merely ruining his own band (see: GODS OF WAR), he has to ruin every band he comes into contact with? surprised

Thats funny. So I wonder though, if Luca uses the Rhapsody name is that still associated with Magic Circle?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Psychopathic or not, the band signed those contracts.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 5:31 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Psychopathic or not, the band signed those contracts.

Yeah. They needed MANOWAR's name/association to boost their profile.
Back to top Go down
mountains
Metal novice
Metal novice
mountains

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 7:21 pm

Spiner202 wrote:

Quote :

"First of all, I want to tell all fans, partners and friends that MAJESTY no longer exists. There was no basis anymore for me and the previous members of MAJESTY to continue our creative work.

I had a feeling for quite a while now that the time has come to restart with a new band to point out that heavy metal can never be stopped and that a new force will bring the whole world that mighty message. In a dream I recently had, only one name for that power came to my mind: METALFORCE. This new band will exactly do what also was the essence of MAJESTY, but even bigger and more powerful. The first gig on the Magic Circle Festival 2008 already filled me up with pride as I looked into the eyes of ten thousands of fans who encouraged us in our decision."

- Tarek "MS" Maghary of Majesty/Metal Force

Hmmm... Joey DeMaio appeared to the Majesty singer in a dream and commanded him to change the band name? Sounds suspicious. Not sure I buy it.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:17 pm

Eyesore wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Definitely. Prophet of the Last Eclipse is so damn good! And the EPs between those first two albums are very good, too.

I enjoyed Lost Horizons and the Virus EP, but they weren't nearly as good. Way too different. Maybe that was the point, though.

it was back when Luca still had metal to play plus I think Olaf Hayer is one heck of a power metal vocalist!

holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 8:30 pm

First a name change, now this! I'm sick of updating my iTunes library to their medieval whims!

Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 9:19 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:
First a name change, now this! I'm sick of updating my iTunes library to their medieval whims!
Yeah, because that takes three seconds you might otherwise spending farting or something. Laughing

Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 am

Eyesore wrote:
holydiver97595 wrote:
Yeah, because that takes three seconds you might otherwise spending farting or something. Laughing

Exactly!! See, you know where I'm coming from lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:24 am

I never change things like that. I have a Rhapsody folder and a Rhapsody of Fire folder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands   Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rhapsody of Fire becomes 2 bands
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next