Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie

Go down 
+7
Boris2008
nevermore
Addy
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Empty
PostSubject: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 10:41 am

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 10:55 am

Looks cool. I'm sure the Queen catalog will experience a bump in sales/streams/etc. when this comes out. Laughing very hard

This flick was caught up in development Hell for so many years that it's almost hard to believe that it's actually going to happen. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 12:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Looks cool. I'm sure the Queen catalog will experience a bump in sales/streams/etc. when this comes out. Laughing very hard

This flick was caught up in development Hell for so many years that it's almost hard to believe that it's actually going to happen. Very Happy

Yup. This is the film that originally had Sasha Baron Cohen (aka Borat) playing Freddy. According to him, he bailed out when the Brain May and Roger Taylor objected to showing the seedier side of Freddy and all the 70's debauchery that went along with it. They wanted it to be a tribute to their friend, not some exploitative, trashy hack job. It should be interesting to see where they go with this.

As for a exploitative, trashy hack job, we still have Motley's 'The Dirt' to look forward to. Razz

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2018 9:14 pm

I will definitely check this out! 

At one time Queen was my favorite band and I still say Freddy Mercury is the best vocalist rock has ever known.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 7:51 am

I want to see this and fully agree with toho's statement
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2018 8:07 pm

I'm wanting to see this!!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 9:18 am

My wife, a huge Queen fan, wants to see this so I imagine I'll be tagging along to watch it as well.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2018 9:26 pm

Quote :
He was an egotistical maniacal coke snorting, dude banging madman with a talent that matched his ego and I'm pretty sure that he was proud of it!  Laughing

Sounds to me that the boys want to protect the brand, nothing more, nothing less. Mad

Apologies to the band, that's exactly how they portray him! lol! If the film version is accurate, he was a pretty lonely guy deep down.

Last edited by Boris2008 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 7:49 pm

Me and the wife saw this today and absolutely loved it. I thought it was very well done and not overly romanticized or sanitized at all.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 10:51 am

still dying to see it
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 12:34 pm

Saw it last weekend, and liked it. I was never a huge Queen fan, so I have no clue how accurate the portrayal is, but it was a better movie than I was expecting.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25645

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2018 7:39 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Me and the wife saw this today and absolutely loved it. I thought it was very well done and not overly romanticized or sanitized at all.

I caught it last week. I agree with your comments sentinel. It's a good movie.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39184

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 6:38 pm

Saw it today. A very well done film overall. It made me lament the fact that I never caught Queen live though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Yeah, I have several Queen concert DVDs and I'd have loved to see them. But I don't know that I ever had the opportunity. It's not like The Ramones, where I missed multiple opportunities to see them in concert but couldn't for myriad reasons. As far as I know, Queen never toured anywhere near me back in the day and I'll always regret that.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6304

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 5:17 pm

I saw the movie this weekend. Wife made me go.

I did not find it very good. I mean, it's a movie about Queen, so the music was always going to be good, but the non-music parts were lacking and toned down. I was expecting something like Spinal Tap, but based on reality. There were no real great stories here. It was a superficial acted documentary about how Queen came up with songs and did records.

And a bit homophobic because all the gay stuff was made out to be bad and foreign and queer, and the villain was a representative of that, while the band was the "family". Not sure Freddie would have approved of that. Maybe those mustachiod biker dudes really were the only people who truly understood him.

Anyway, it was no Spinal Tap. If this movie/story was not based on a true story, it wouldn't have been worth telling. So as a cinematic product, it's not good. For music fans, I'm sure it was fun.

The best scene was Mike Myers playing the label exec and rejecting Bohemian Rhapsody as a single, saying it's not a song kids can listen to in their cars and sing along to.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Odd tangential note: This movie and  "Bohemian Rhapsody" is why I was listening to the first volume of Billy Joel's "Greatest Hits" today.

I was chatting with a co-worker about how "Bohemian Rhapsody" broke the mold of what a radio "single" has to be.   That got me thinking about the Billy Joel song "The Entertainer" because of the lyric that says "It was a beautiful song but it ran too long, if you want to have a hit they gotta make it fit so they cut it down to 3:05".

That's the standard that Bohemian Rhapsody shattered.  There was just NO WAY to pare that song down to around 3 minutes; unlike other "classics" like Stairway To Heaven or Freebird. 

At any rate, I still want to see this flick but I'll wait until it comes out on blu ray.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 3:14 pm

I went when it was first released and yesterday I bought the Blu-ray.

Wargod60
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 4:20 pm

Got it on Blu-Ray

LOVED IT!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie   Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bohemian Rhapsody: The Movie
Page 1 of 1