Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This is a joke, right?

Go down 
+9
Thrasher73
tohostudios
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Dark Horseman
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
Lari
SideShowDisaSter
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

This is a joke, right? Empty
PostSubject: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 10:06 am

I've no idea exactly HOW I ran across this (insomnia takes you to some strange places...).  This particular beauty is from the band Wind Rose.  Apparently they hail from Italy.  The following taste is from their latest album Wintersaga.

Please tell me this is a piss take. lol!  And here I thought I couldn't be surprised by shit like this anymore. Laughing  I don't know if they MEANT it to be funny, but about 2 minutes in I was UGLY laughing!!

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 11:04 am

They are dwarves and they are digging a hole. Digging, digging a hole. 

Digging a hole while ruining music. What's so funny about that?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 11:57 am

Terrible, I'd rather listen to baby metal...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 12:53 pm

I lasted about two minutes before I bailed out. Sounds like something Monty Python would've whipped up.

*EDIT* Apparently this is a cover of a song from the game "Minecraft," for whatever that's worth.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 3:35 pm

Coming soon to a renaissance fair near you!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:45 pm

That song is annoying, here's a better sampling. They call themselves dwarf metal but it's just folk metal with some power metal thrown in.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 7:48 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:

Wait a sec.....Hold on a minute.......

My girlfriend is actually doing lighting for the Baby Metal gig next weekend. I love 'em and cannot WAIT to see how she is gonna handle them!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 9:17 pm

I don't understand what everyone thinks is so "bad" or "hilarious" about that vid.  Sound like typical Celitc-influenced metal to me.  No worse than anything Elvenking or Korpiklaani have done; sounds like the same genre wheelhouse as those bands to me.

Call me insane but I actually want to investigate more of this band's music.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 pm

Seriously, how is that music any worse than this:

Which I also like BTW. In fact I think I'll investigate this Wind Rose band further.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 11:36 pm

Yeah, I'm not as into this style as I once was but they do some good stuff. That song is annoying to me though.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 12:41 am

tohostudios wrote:
I don't understand what everyone thinks is so "bad" or "hilarious" about that vid.  Sound like typical Celitc-influenced metal to me.  No worse than anything Elvenking or Korpiklaani have done; sounds like the same genre wheelhouse as those bands to me.

That whole genre is terrible to me, but this is a thread about a single band, so I didn't specify that fact.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 12:44 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

My girlfriend is actually doing lighting for the Baby Metal gig next weekend.  I love 'em and cannot WAIT to see how she is gonna handle them!!!

More power to ya, but I would rather stick ice picks thru my ears than listen to them lol
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 1:27 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

My girlfriend is actually doing lighting for the Baby Metal gig next weekend.  I love 'em and cannot WAIT to see how she is gonna handle them!!!

More power to ya, but I would rather stick ice picks thru my ears than listen to them lol

Where you gonna find an ice-pick to purchase in PHX????
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 1:36 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

Where you gonna find an ice-pick to purchase in PHX????

Good point! Maybe I can get my cousin to send me one from Seattle lol
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2019 5:10 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I don't understand what everyone thinks is so "bad" or "hilarious" about that vid. 
Stupid lyrics.

And dressing up as dwarves.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 3:08 am

I don’t think one can merely dress up as a dwarf. You pretty much have to be one, right?
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 5:55 am

Thrasher73 wrote:
I don’t think one can merely dress up as a dwarf. You pretty much have to be one, right?
You can try standing next to really tall people. Or large rocks that look like smaller rocks.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 2:20 pm

Lari wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
I don't understand what everyone thinks is so "bad" or "hilarious" about that vid. 
Stupid lyrics.

Because we all know that most metal is full of thoughtful, intelligent, philosophical lyrics.

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Hadley wrote:
Lari wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Stupid lyrics.

Because we all know that most metal is full of thoughtful, intelligent, philosophical lyrics.

Bring your daughter to the slaughter >>>> we are dwarves and we are digging a hole.

One rhymes and has a witty title you can take ironically. The other can only be a joke, and even then only funny to a 5-year-old.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 4:40 pm

Hadley wrote:
Lari wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Stupid lyrics.

Damn right it is...
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 6:24 am

I like it because I like metal.
Even the worst lyrics can sound good with a hard rock or metal backing.
It's about attitude.
Remember this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntp8_KFv59Y
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 11:33 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

"The problem tonight was not that the band was off. The problem was that there was a Stonehenge monument onstage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 7:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

"The problem tonight was not that the band was off. The problem was that there was a Stonehenge monument onstage that was in danger of being crushed by a dwarf." Laughing very hard

lol!

That's the first thing I thought of too!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 7:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Can I ask a practical question at this point? Are we going to do "Stonehenge" tomorrow night?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2019 10:18 pm

tohostudios wrote:

It's goofy, but I dig it. Anyone who listens to power metal has no right making fun of this band. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a joke, right?   This is a joke, right? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This is a joke, right?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next