Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is most important to you?

Go down 
+25
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
SAHB Healer
iamrockerfun
AchrisK
romeolimagolf
Shiney
TH Joe
Hamer12
mc666
KissinMaiden
scottmitchell74
kmorg
spiritoradio
Invader
INVADERS
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

What is most important to you? PICK ONE
Vocals
What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap46%What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 46% [ 22 ]
Guitar
What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 21 ]
Bass/Drums
What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Lyrics
What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Appearance
What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%What is most important to you? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

AuthorMessage

What is most important to you? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 12:17 am

romeolimagolf wrote:
Quote :
But I have to agree with Eyesore, what IS most important is "Good Songs".
Yes this is true, but I have yet to hear a good song with cookie monster vocals.
No? Check out Dan Swano's Moontower album!

http://www.myspace.com/danswano

Listen to "Uncreation." 🤘
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 12:59 am

i don't care. if will like this song ... no problemo. no matter bout vocal, drums, ... good or bad.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 2:41 am

Guitars. If I want philosophy I'll consult a philosopher, not a musician, so I don't care about lyrics. A nice voice is nice, but obviously not essential since I can hack the cookie monster if he's got a good band. I can't stand bands that get publicity just for putting on a show (Marylyn Manson). I like music, not theatre. No riffs...not interested.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 2:52 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Guitars. If I want philosophy I'll consult a philosopher, not a musician, so I don't care about lyrics. A nice voice is nice, but obviously not essential since I can hack the cookie monster if he's got a good band. I can't stand bands that get publicity just for putting on a show (Marylyn Manson). I like music, not theatre. No riffs...not interested.
well said SAHB humble

Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 3:21 pm

I can't begin to count the number of bands that I've given a try, and said, "Hey, this music sounds pretty good."

And then........
I start hearing the most godawful metalcore/emo/screamo junk from the singer (if you can even call him a singer).sick
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 4:35 pm

Quote :
i have just recently got the Rusty Cooley instrumental CD and it's the best guitar driven album i've ever heard....

I have that as well the dude is a monster guitar player top 5 for me!

But I went with guitar, would of went with vocals as well but could only choose one!

Wargod48

NP: Vision Scope - The Peter Pan Principle
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2007 9:12 pm

Vocals win out for me too. How many great sounding Power Metal bands have you heard being destroyed by a guy who sounds like he's castrated?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 10:11 pm

A combination of the above minus appearance.

Steve Howe:yahoo:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 10:36 pm

Bismarck, eh, Bucky? That is Me and Lurideth's (another member
here) psuedo home town. Half my fam still lives there.
Welcome to the board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2007 10:59 pm

Guitars and vocals are both very important, but if the vocals suck it'll completely ruin a song for me, no matter how good the guitar work is.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2007 3:52 pm

Obviously, it's all important to make things 'click'. That said, I pick vocals. It's the first thing you notice about the band.

I've heard some great sounding bands, but with horrible singers, so I've never bothered buying a single CD of theirs.

The lyrics are actually fairly important to me as well. It's not going to make or break a band with me, unless they're praising the devil or something, but it's always a huge plus to have a band write intelligent (or at least tongue in cheek) lyrics. Once I get a CD, I usually sit down and listen to it while reading the lyrics (if available in the insert or on online).
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:24 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I can stand some pretty sub-par vocalists. For me, it's got to have some interesting guitar work. Doesn't have to be flashy, technical, or over-the-top. Just has to have some hook!

I agree. at least some talent in the guitar dept., or be good at faking it:roll:
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:34 am

Have to say vocals!
A great singer can lift a mediocre band, and a poor singer
can ruin a great band, i think!
But of course the whole package is most important!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 11:45 am

I put vocals, followed by guitar, but for me, lyrics is a SOLID third.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 10:34 am

"What is more important to me"

My take on the options...
Vocals- If the voice fits the vibe of the tune, it doesn't matter.
Guitar- Growing up where I did and hearing ALL the guitar heroes getting played note for note in the bedroom across the street or the garage down the block, it makes you jaded
Bass/Drums- A good rhythm section can carry an average guitar player and singer, but it does not work very often the other way around.
Lyrics- Some bands it maters, but in most cases it is a non-sequitur.
Appearance- Some good bands went way too far with it and shitty bands made a career out of it.

(IMHDO) The tunes are the most important, but that was not an option. Why?
I dig bands from many flavors of music, but that does not mean I dig other bands that play similar style. If that makes sense.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2024 10:39 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
I can't stand bands that get publicity just for putting on a show. I like music, not theatre.

In my observation of today's music scenes, the spectacle seems to take the forefront over actually being able to play/perform/sing onstage. Over the top digital presentations are just a distraction from the audience taking notice that the band onstage sucks major @$$ Laughing very hard

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is most important to you?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2