Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is most important to you?

Go down 
+25
Metal Misfit
GrandNational
Wargod
Sword Of The Heretic
SAHB Healer
iamrockerfun
AchrisK
romeolimagolf
Shiney
TH Joe
Hamer12
mc666
KissinMaiden
scottmitchell74
kmorg
spiritoradio
Invader
INVADERS
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
sovdat
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What is most important to you? PICK ONE
Vocals
What is most important to you? Vote_lcap46%What is most important to you? Vote_rcap
 46% [ 22 ]
Guitar
What is most important to you? Vote_lcap44%What is most important to you? Vote_rcap
 44% [ 21 ]
Bass/Drums
What is most important to you? Vote_lcap6%What is most important to you? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Lyrics
What is most important to you? Vote_lcap2%What is most important to you? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Appearance
What is most important to you? Vote_lcap2%What is most important to you? Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 48

AuthorMessage

What is most important to you? Empty
PostSubject: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:41 am

I know alot of people will say "All" or "Total Package", but if ya had to choose just one....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:45 am

No matter how good the music may be, if I can't get into the vocals, I'm not interested. Not everyone has to be Rob Halford, but cookie-monster growls or hard-core shouting turns me off.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 9:57 am

I can stand some pretty sub-par vocalists. For me, it's got to have some interesting guitar work. Doesn't have to be flashy, technical, or over-the-top. Just has to have some hook!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 10:09 am

If I had to pick only one (although you did this survey in the way that we can choose all 5 Smile ), I'd go with guitars.

Only the best bands have "all"!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28430

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 10:17 am

Guitars.

The best way to tell if it is good metal is if it has good riffs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 10:40 am

Guitars and vocals are equally important to me, but since I could only pick one, I had to go with "vocals." I can't tell you how many times I've heard a new band and thought "Wow, this sounds pretty good" until the singer opens his mouth and the whole thing turns to crap.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 11:07 am

yeah,I went with vocals too.I can stand alot of things in the music but vocally if it doesnt click with me,I wont even give it a second chance.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 11:19 am

guitars are the most important thing...

i have just recently got the Rusty Cooley instrumental CD and it's the best guitar driven album i've ever heard....

That guy is a genious

INVADERS
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Guitars and vocals, I can't choose which one is more important to me.
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

Agree 100% with MetalGuy71
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Vocals, but I'm more tolerant than most

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 12:35 pm

I voted vocals with of course guitars a close second. A good vocalist can bring up almost anything while great guitar work can still be bogged down by a strained or just horrible vocalist....it's distracting to hear great music partnered with bad vocals...
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 1:19 pm

Vocals and guitar, are very important!! Im gonna have to go with guitars though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 1:29 pm

went for Vocals myself, no matter how good Megadeth's music is, I just get turned off buy Mustaine's vocals.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 1:52 pm

the guitar is key to metal, so i'd go with that. appearance has nothing to do with anything imho.

Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Being a Bassist & sometime drummer, If the band does'nt have legs, it cant stand. I've heard some great guitarist & singers with some really crappy rhythm sections that ruin the whole band.
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 3:01 pm

I agree with Hamer12. I'm a guitarist. But if a band has a great singer and guitarist but a lame rhythm section, the band's gonna sound terrible.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:30 pm

Vox for me...I have had loads of cds that would have been incredible had the vocals not sucked so badly.

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 4:45 pm

Since there's no Good Songs option, I went with Vocals. A bad vocalist can ruin an otherwise great song.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39514

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 6:44 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
No matter how good the music may be, if I can't get into the vocals, I'm not interested. Not everyone has to be Rob Halford, but cookie-monster growls or hard-core shouting turns me off.

Agreed 100 % . Horrible vocals just ruin a song,no matter how good the music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 7:05 pm

Guitar can make or break it for me
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:46 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

100% agree with this statement.
Back to top Go down
AchrisK
Metal master
Metal master
AchrisK

Number of posts : 975

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 8:57 pm

It seems to me that this is almost a backwards poll. It seems like you're asking what is most important TO BE GOOD. But in actuality, forcing people to pick one of those is making them decide what is most important NOT TO SUCK. In other words, which thing, if it sucks too much, makes a band unlistenable.

But I have to agree with Eyesore, what IS most important is "Good Songs".

ack
Back to top Go down
romeolimagolf
Metal student
Metal student
romeolimagolf

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 11:00 pm

Quote :
But I have to agree with Eyesore, what IS most important is "Good Songs".

Yes this is true, but I have yet to hear a good song with cookie monster vocals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2007 11:44 pm

Good guitars. Without good riffs, a metal band has absolutely nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is most important to you?   What is most important to you? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is most important to you?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next