Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Chemical Romance

Go down 
+12
ThrashedOutCobra33
tohostudios
DeathCult
White_Mage
Required Fields
Mglaffas81
caniplaywithmadness?
TheGooch
Thrasher73
Shiney
rattpoison
MetalRob331
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

My Chemical Romance Empty
PostSubject: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 4:38 am

Well i was just in the "who sucks" thread and seen someone say MCR sucks.

I had to start this thread based on the cd The Black Parade.

I think this one one of the finest cd's of the year 2006 and i was extremely surprised at the maturity of this band on The Black Parade. I used to hate this band but when i heard the song the black parade it sounded different then anything i have heard in recent years. When i found out it was MCR i couldnt believe it. I downloaded the whole cd to see how it was and it completely blew me away. Songs like Mama, Disenchanted, and Teenagers were instant hits in my eyes but the song that made me love this cd even more was def. the really emotional ballad Cancer as seen below..

Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 5:23 am

Yeah you know this band cops a lot of flack for no reason really, but you can't ignore how amazing The Black Parade record is.

Its a thrilling bombastic classic rock concept album that's reminiscent of classic 70's Queen, the song Teenagers being a great hooky glam rock romp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8p0X0rWRQuk

Last edited by rattpoison on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:11 am

I have been praising this band and album since it's release but never get anyone to bite....

It's is a killer glam album....awesome punk album and even better late 70's concept rock record...

I cannot wait to see what those kids put out next...

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 8:28 am

I really like what they've done.Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge is where I got on board.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:21 am

I have seen this band live and to be fair if i put my dislike of them aside the performance was still very shambolic and lifeless
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:28 am

sick sick sick

terrible, TERRIBLE band
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 2:07 pm

caniplaywithmadness? wrote:
sick sick sick

terrible, TERRIBLE band

very overhyped although that should not really be used to say they are terrible

but still they are a terible band overhyped IMO. they went from being emo to copying queen while not being as good IMO
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:42 pm

Awful...simply....awful. Disgusting look and sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:52 pm

Not my type...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 9:58 pm

This band gives emo a bad rep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:10 pm

Emo give themself a bad rep.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:37 pm

At one point in time, this was an emo band.

Clearly awesome. Emo of today is nothing more than pop rock. As for My Chemical Romance, I'm not too quick to be open-minded with bands that change styles from album to album. It strikes me as sellout material. I'm always saying good music is good music regardless, but when albums follow trends, I turn up my nose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:46 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Clearly awesome. Emo of today is nothing more than pop rock. As for My Chemical Romance, I'm not too quick to be open-minded with bands that change styles from album to album. It strikes me as sellout material. I'm always saying good music is good music regardless, but when albums follow trends, I turn up my nose.

Eyesore, this is completely unrelated, but do you listen to Our Lady Peace? If so, what do you think of their changing styles every couple of albums? BTW, I adore that band. (OLP)
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:56 pm

Not a fan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 10:59 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
Eyesore, this is completely unrelated, but do you listen to Our Lady Peace? If so, what do you think of their changing styles every couple of albums? BTW, I adore that band. (OLP)
I don't, but I do remember they had one cool radio hit. At least I think I remember that.

I don't mind bands that evolve album to album. I think that's good and healthy. I dislike it when a band like Avenged Sevenfold are a screamo hardcore band one album (when that's popular), then a more metalcore styled band on the next (when that's popular), then a quasi-traditional metal band on the next (when that's popular), etc. To me, that's crap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 11:01 pm

Not to hijack this thread, but Eyesore, put at least OLP's Naveed album on your Lala list. You will thank me later. Maybe the best alt rock album of the 90's.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 5:39 am

Eyesore wrote:

Yeah i'm not a fan of that, but what was trendy about My Chemical Romance's epic rock opera album? No one does that these days. Their not following a trend, they are a trend! Just watch all these bands make their own little Black Parades, in the wake of the surprise success of this album.

Anyway its a classic in its sheer scope, ambition and reverence to Queen. And an album i'm not afraid to put in the same bracket as like minded brain melting classics III Sides To Every Story and Mellon Collie And The Infinite Sadness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 2:06 pm

Coheed & Cambria did it first in 2003. And they blew up with that third album in the series.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 2:11 pm

Seriously though Eyesore...If you haven't listened to "Black Parade" do it...

Pretend you never heard of the band, put it in and give it a honest chance....

Have I steered you wrong before?!?!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 3:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Coheed & Cambria did it first in 2003. And they blew up with that third album in the series.

I don't buy that, it's like saying Mastodon's Leviathan was influenced by that as well. Was Mastodon being trendy? Really it's not trendy to do what My Chemical Romance have done with the Black Parade. Albums like the Black Parade are timeless and bow to no trends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 7:34 pm

MCR STINKS!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2008 7:51 pm

Im surprised at all the positive remarks this band is getting and i love it. The Black Parade could have been released in the last 4 decades and still had success, very few albums can say that imo.

I think ppl have a right to an opinion, but MCR are one of those bands thats fall into the category of eww there "EMO" and thats plain stupid and immature in my eyes. I thought MCR sucked as well b4 TBP but i never said "eww thats emo, im too metal for that as most metalheads do". If music is good to my ears regardless of what genre it is other then rap i will like it and give it a spin. Its just ashame MCR are labeled EMO when they re are far from it..
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2008 10:26 pm

man i can respect that someone on a metal fourm would admit to liking MCR

IMO i think they suck in everyway shape and form
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 2:56 am

Okay so it's all well and good to not like them, as many people have stated. But how about backing your statement up, what is so horrible about them or why do they stink/suck? Come on people i want answers. I don't want to think you guys blindly dislike them because of their popularity and/or ties with the emo subculture. You have more sense than that don't you?
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitimeMon Jan 28, 2008 3:59 am

rattpoison wrote:
Okay so it's all well and good to not like them, as many people have stated. But how about backing your statement up, what is so horrible about them or why do they stink/suck? Come on people i want answers. I don't want to think you guys blindly dislike them because of their popularity and/or ties with the emo subculture. You have more sense than that don't you?

Its a trend imo, so many ppl dislike them so its cool for ppl to jump on the bandwagon and diss them as well. There are a lot of bands that fall into this as well..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Chemical Romance   My Chemical Romance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Chemical Romance
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next