Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?

Go down 
+29
manny
ramreb
akeldama
Schbopo
Addy
metalinmyveins
Follower of Jesus
DeathCult
TheGooch
caniplaywithmadness?
juanmiguel
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
Tall Tyrion
mc666
White_Mage
Fat Freddy
Temple of Blood
TrogDawn
GrandNational
fingers
tul
Lurideath
Smindas
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
krokus
MetalRob331
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Empty
PostSubject: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:17 pm

Was just on blabbermouth when i seen this interview with Dave saying how he is a legend. What do you guys think of this comment?

Revolver: How do you feel when fans say MEGADETH's best lineup was you with drummer Nick Menza, gutiarist Marty Friedman, and bassist David Ellefson?

Mustaine: Well, they're entitled to their opinion, totally, and if they're talking from a music point of view, that's understandable, because there's only been one record so far with the new lineup. But what they have to realize is that I sang almost every single note of Marty Friedman's guitar solos, and I wrote the majority of Nick's drum parts, and I wrote almost every bass note that Ellefson played. It's just a matter of these guys getting into the groove.

Revolver: How is it between you and METALLICA's Lars Ulrich and James Hetfield since shooting "Some Kind of Monster"?

Mustaine: How's what? I have no idea what you're talking about. You mean as friends? Nothing. I haven't said one syllable to them. I think it's probably pretty disappointing, all of this. We have the same demons. We suffer from bullshit, and you don't talk to somebody. It's fine. And there's enough people in the world that are tired of this story, me included. God, it's how many years old? 30 years old?

Revolver: [Swedish cult black metal act] DISSECTION had to be canceled from Israel's 2005 Metalist fest because you don't play with Satanic bands. Do you still refuse to play with any band that has even a smidgen of Satanism?

Mustaine:
First, DISSECTION didn't have to be canceled. I made clear to my agent that I won't play with Satanic bands, and the promoter booked the band without checking with the agent. Because I'm a legend, I don't need to play with people who have gone on record and said they're an enemy of mine. Because I believe in God and he believes in Satan, that means we're enemies, right? It doesn't mean I can't pray for the guy; it just means he doesn't like me and he said so. And I told them that I was stepping off the bill. I never said to cancel those guys. Second, the guy [DISSECTION frontman Jon Nödveidt] threatened me in France. I have two first-degree black belts and I was just awarded a fourth-degree black belt from the World Taekwondo Federation. If the guy wants to threaten me, bring it. I went, he wasn't there. I try really, really hard to live my life peacefully, and this guy went on record saying he was my enemy. You know what? Something happened to him. He committed suicide, didn't he? Oh, bummer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:24 pm

Dave Mustaine wrote:
Because I'm a legend, I don't need to play with people who have gone on record and said they're an enemy of mine.

Is he really suggesting that he is Christ with this statement? Dissection being a "satanic" band doesn't automatically make them my "enemy" because I am Christian. If anything they would be an enemy of God.

Honestly, I think that Dave Mustaine becoming a Christian has turned even more metalheads off to the Truth.

Dave is like that one crazy kid you grew up with that always said crazy crap to get attention and everyone just brushes him off. You can't get mad at Dave because he's obviously delusional.

Poor guy. ...and to think people say that Roger Martinez is a lost soul....

Last edited by on Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:25 pm

He doesnt play with SATANIC bands???' Why not???? Even STRYPER didnt mind to play with Satanic bands at festivals. What a looser of a guy. He say that the METALLICA and MEGADETH affair is old news but then he still cries on that METALLICA documentary/movie just a couple of years ago. And its not realy nice that he call himself a LEGEND. Somebody that call himself like that is a strange guy that i dont like to be together with in one room.
No, DAVE MUSTAINE was more fun when he was not a reborn christian.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:28 pm

To me it looks like Dave was affraid to confront the DISSECTION singer and thats why he didnt want to play with the same band. Dave can have a black belts but DISSECTION have satan on their side 🤘 lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:31 pm

I thinks its hilarious how he brings up his Blackbelt. He should use the Tae Kwon Do to kick himself in the ass..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Dave never would have messed with Jon Nödveidt. He would have been afraid to injure his beautiful flowing goldilocks.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Dave is a Legend!I dont care what anyone says! angry
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:33 pm

Maybe he wouldve tied them in pig tails and used them as a weapon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:34 pm

Oh yeah. I agree he's a legend. I guess that was the point of this thread.

He's just a putz when he opens his mouth, but he's talented and entertaining most of the time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:35 pm

Dave's always made stupid/outrageous/arrogant statements throughout his career. This isn't any different.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:05 pm

Answer:

Uh......yeah!!
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:07 pm

This interview pissed me off earlier when I read it on Blabbermouth. Dave just seems like a complete dick in it. He must be on his period or something.

Also, I can't believe he's taking credit for Marty's solos. That's absolute rubbish.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:18 pm

Yea he shouldve just called the band MegaDave cuz he wrote every note on every song
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:36 pm

Well his arrogance just keeps pushing through!

I don't think he has a right to consider himself a legend, thats a bit egotistical. But whatever. I don't even care anymore.
Back to top Go down
tul
Metal student
Metal student
tul

Number of posts : 234

PostSubject: re:   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 5:48 pm

If a satanic band doesn´t have a problem playing together with Megadeth, than it should go in the opposite as well. Also he should understand that he does not play for himself he plays for the fans. So everyone should leave their religious differences at home.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:19 pm

Dave Mustaine is 1 of the coolest guys along with Blackie Lawless from WASP in metal regardless of what ppl think but it doesnt surprise me that hes become a born again christian because a majority of metallers/rockers become conservative when they hit middle age look at zakk wylde hes a full blood george bush voter and mick jagger has been dubbed by the queen. Anyway besides that hes alot cooler than the guys in MetallicA well not Cliff Burton though especially since his latest albums smurf poo on metallicas latest album st anger and load and reload. Also Lars set him up with the metallica movie he didnt show the parts where lars was crying. But however him being a born again has a had a loss in his dignity but think he is a legend
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:22 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Well his arrogance just keeps pushing through!

I don't think he has a right to consider himself a legend, thats a bit egotistical. But whatever. I don't even care anymore.

I agree. I think he needs to understand the meaning of humility. Calling oneself a legend is just too much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:25 pm

Legend? Legendary jackhole, maybe. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:28 pm

Dave has always been outspoken and sometimes said some outright stupid stuff, so no big surprise there.

That being said, hell yeah he's a legend. Just look at all he's overcome and he's still going strong.

But calling one's self a legend? Nah, that's pretty goofy.

The interviewer in that blurb sounded like he was goading him a bit though and probably got under his skin enough to cause him to speak before thinking.
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:34 pm

Oh, Dave was definitely being baited....
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:41 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Oh, Dave was definitely being baited....

No kidding. Even I'm sick of seeing him being asked about that junk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:57 pm

...it shouldn't surprise anyone that Mustaine' is a basket case.He's always been that way-don't look for him to change anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:59 pm

Im surprised at how many ppl think this guy is a legend. No one is a legend. Its a wonder y he talks the way he does, ppl hype him up tp be something he's not
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:04 pm

He has a "god complex".He constantly has people coming up to him after shows and telling him how great he is and then he soaks it all in and actually sees himself higher than he ought.Excellent musician....jackass of a person.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 7:12 pm

Is Dave Mustaine a legend?
Yes.

Is Dave Mustaine a doofus?
Yes.

Does Megadeth still kick ass?
Yes.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?   Dave Mustaine a LEGEND? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Mustaine a LEGEND?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next