Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner

Go down 
+13
Troublezone
mr.electric39
Stender
Schbopo
jstate
akeldama
Temple of Blood
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
MetalFRO
ultmetal
Cliffy
Chairman_Smith
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Empty
PostSubject: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 4:07 am

I'm getting this stuff on the Deth forums.

On the next single
Quote :
if they can f-uck it up, they will.

they already made us cut out my solo and Chris' second solo so the song will be short enough for radio.

i don't think if they had clout that i would have to do this.

On the US Label

Quote :
Droogies!

I don't know what to say.

How a record company could be presented with a Worldwide critically
acclaimed record, and that they can let it plummet down the charts in
just four weeks into the hundreds, is inexplicable.

I knew I shouldn't have done this. Why didn't I trust myself?

I regret a lot of things in my life, but this is the most regretable. Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Shakehead

A very disgusted Megaman.

Quote :
at least the label in Oz doesn't have their heads up their asses too. they are doing a great job.

and you have no idea how i feel, i can't put it into words or i imagine the FBI would be paying me a visit.

all i can do is not to give them another record, and sadly that means no more music for any of us due to the US label.

bad form is right.

I can't believe that the owner of this label is this out of touch with his label in the states, and that doesn't even touch the tip of the iceberg.

the president of the record still has not called me to congradulate me on ENDGAME or our high chart debut.

but then again, this is the same person that came out last month to threaten my manager that if i don't resign with them, that they are going to stop selling ENDGAME.

well, it appears they have stopped selling it.

I am so sorry Droogies, I have made a terrible mistake signing with Roadrunner, and I am sorry.

i would suggest if you want the record, get it before the completely stop even manufacturing it.

WHERE THE F-UCK IS THE HEADS OF WARNER BROTHERS WHEN YOU NEED THEM???
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:49 am

Wow...well, all I can say is welcome to the modern day rock cd sales market in the U.S. It ain't what it used to be.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:51 am

Pffft! At least he sold enough records up front to even make the charts.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:53 am

Dave is angry! Yikes! Haven't heard him that pissed off in a long while. What (other than slicing the single, which happens at every major label) is Roadrunner doing or not doing that is making him so frazzled?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:53 am

Ouch!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:58 am

Well, in a way, he should've expected SOME ox manur from the record company, but to stop manufacturing the album and stop pushing it is totally ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:31 am

Hmmm...I don't know, think I'd want to hear some other viewpoint on this one. All CD sales are sucking right now...the industry needs a full-on overhaul and I don't see one forthcoming.

In the meantime, I can understand Dave being upset about the record sales...but I find it hard to believe they "stopped manufacturing" it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:54 am

I can absolutely believe that if an artist does not give in to record company demand (in this case, asking Dave to fire his management) that the label will cease promotion/production of an album. Record labels are capable of anything. They'll even sign good bands and never give them an album or shelve the album they do make just so it's not competitive with thier current artists.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 10:58 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
I can absolutely believe that if an artist does not give in to record company demand (in this case, asking Dave to fire his management) that the label will cease promotion/production of an album. Record labels are capable of anything. They'll even sign good bands and never give them an album or shelve the album they do make just so it's not competitive with thier current artists.

Flotsam & Jetsam have always claimed that Elektra signed them just to bury them and keep them from giving competition to Metallica and Metal Church, who were both selling well for Elektra at the time.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:11 am

ultmetal wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Flotsam & Jetsam have always claimed that Elektra signed them just to bury them and keep them from giving competition to Metallica and Metal Church, who were both selling well for Elektra at the time.

That practice is common enough that it has a name...I want to say it's called "Shelving" a band...but that may not be right. But it does happen...a band gets signed and put on ice just to diminish the competition...as long as that band is together, the label owns them and they can do nothing under that name...
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:17 am

Record companies can essentially fire band members (by threatening to drop them unless they kick someone out, or tell them they will scale their recording budget way back). This is how Gary Cherone and the first singer of TOXIK were fired.

But Dave needs to wake up to the realities of trying to make money off of music in 2009. I really enjoyed his last disc, but if he is expecting things to be the way they were then he probably needs to retire from recording and teach guitar lessons or something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:21 am

Quote :
This is how Gary Cherone and the first singer of TOXIK were fired.

It's also why Kevin Chalfant was not the singer on JOURNEY's Trial By Fire album...
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

It's also why Kevin Chalfant was not the singer on JOURNEY's Trial By Fire album...

Same deal with Corabi & The Crue.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 2:19 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Quote :

Interesting! I'll have to check into that guy and see what stuff he's done.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 6:03 pm

Heres some more,

On the record being promoted and getting to the stores;

Quote :
no, Roadrunner is doing this around the world.

Quote :
it is happening in Japan too. the dunce from the label put up Slipknot
posters in the booth at Loud Park and there were just a few ENDGAME
posters, and i actually had to tell my tour manager to go tell him to
try to be a label just for a week, until we leave, and then they can go
back to smurfing us over every-whcih-way they can come up with.

I have nothing against Slipknot, but for Smurf's sake, how stupid does
someone have to be to go to a festival, where your act is one of the
top bands on the bill, and PROMOTE ANOTHER BAND THAT DOESN'T NEED MY
HELP!

I am disgusted, and never in my almost thrity years have i ever seen such incompitence.

Fans are calling for Roadrunner to get boycotted and this is what he says to them

Quote :
boycotting RR would be hurting the bands.

the only way to do this is to let me fight my own battles, but to watch
and ask yourself, if they did this to dave, what would they do to me?

Quote :
every band that i have talked to hates the label in the US.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:18 pm

As much as this sucks, I'm not sure carrying on a public fight is in his best interest. The incompetence and threats is inexcusable but it seems the better thing would be to have your representatives constantly on these people.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Quote :
I regret a lot of things in my life, but this is the most regretable. Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Shakehead

Honestly, if this is your biggest regret, Dave, then quit yer bitchin.

Quote :
i would suggest if you want the record, get it before the completely stop even manufacturing it.

*sigh* I guess I better pick up the f*cking thing then.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Get em' while they are hot schaboaijhhboahbhb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:15 pm

I think Dave is happy that he has something to bi**h about. But i've thought Roadrunner was a crappy label for awhile. Some bigger name acts need to start a label that's band friendly.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:57 pm

Very interesting that RoadRunner wouldn't want to promote the snot outta this, but who knows?

Has anyone heard if Dream Theater have had these issues? They're signed to Road Runner too.

Have to agree with Cliffy the industry ain't what it used to be. Dave can't be that naive.... can he? Times are tough SPV goes belly up, Didn't Sanctuary go belly up as well last year or so...?

Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner 108889
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 7:30 am

Roadrunner has been a joke since the mid-90's.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:48 am

Yeah I agree with Troublezone. Roadrunner has been a joke since the 90's when they dropped half their roster of great bands. They started signing so much crap music back at that time too. I think this Megadeth is the best album they have released since the dropping of all the great death metal bands.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 3:36 pm

Lurideath wrote:
Yeah I agree with Troublezone. Roadrunner has been a joke since the 90's when they dropped half their roster of great bands. They started signing so much crap music back at that time too. I think this Megadeth is the best album they have released since the dropping of all the great death metal bands.

Signing Nickelback was their kiss of death imo. They totally jumped on the nu-metal bandwagon... I remember Rob Flynn saying that RR influenced Machine Head to make "The Burning Red" the way it came out.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 11:55 pm

I'm confused. What was Dave expecting? I can understand being mad about editing his song for radio (though it's a fairly common practice and anyone who really enjoys the edited form is going to seek out the album), but as for promotion for the album... I thought they did a decent job. The fact that they even signed them was surprising to me.

Megadeth singles aren't going to make it to radio with or without edits. Megadeth doesn't fit the mold of mainstream rock, so why is he mad at the label for the album sinking so fast? This is the common trend for the big name veteran rock acts (unless you're Metallica or AC/DC, apparently): good first week, then sink like a rock.

Megadeth appeals to a niche market that doesn't hold much buying power. If he wants to sell records past the first week, perhaps he should've studied his label's number one act and tried to emulate them. And swearing off US labels isn't going to help his cause to sell albums.

Geez, Dave, DO NOT screw this up and make me have to order some $30 or $40 import for the next album. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2009 2:12 am

I'm not sure why he feels they are doing such a poor job either. Didn't the album chart pretty high? And I've seen the album ads even here in Little Norway, so it can't be all bad.

And the "bo-hoo, they put up too few posters" rant is pretty petty too, if you ask me. They could have NOT put up ANY friggin' posters, Dave!!!

As someone else pointed out, -dave only seems to function when he can smurfette about something.

PostSubject: Re: Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner   Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Mustaine vs Roadrunner
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next