Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?

Go down 
+4
CrimsonRed
kmorg
mlotek
A Handful of Wayne
8 posters
AuthorMessage
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2011 10:01 pm

I saw this question posted on one of my friends page on facebook. He doesn't know since he's not really a huge Megadeth fan. I have never heard of such thing so I couldn't throw in my 2 cents but maybe someone here will know. Heres the question

"a long time ago this guy I knew had an old album called Death Venom or something like that. it has Dave Mustaine singing The Four Horsemen in german and a bunch of other strange versions of early Metallica songs. i've never seen it since then. Have you ever seen or heard of this?"

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:53 am

!

News to me !

Bet that would make a good question for an interview with the man
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 11:41 am

Sounds like an urban legend to me.

Metal novice
Metal novice
CrimsonRed

Number of posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:38 pm

dunno bout that but i had an old live set on an old pc from like '83 with dave on vox.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 5:40 pm

kmorg wrote:

it does give that impression.

A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 8:45 pm

exact33 wrote:
kmorg wrote:

it does give that impression.

Either that or it was some tribute album with Dave's picture on it.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:44 pm

A bootleg release with unreleased scratch tracks?????
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2011 1:53 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:

That would be my guess. Lord knows there are tons of weird bootlegs of early Metallica demos/rehearsals/etc. floating around out there.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 12:52 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

That would be my guess. Lord knows there are tons of weird bootlegs of early Metallica demos/rehearsals/etc. floating around out there.

In German, though? That's a bit more odd than the norm. I'd say it's either whole or at least part myth.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 9:12 am

holydiver97595 wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
mr.electric39 wrote:

In German, though? That's a bit more odd than the norm. I'd say it's either whole or at least part myth.

Maybe it's a recording of a particularly drunken rehearsal, and Dave was slurring the words so much that they just sounded like German. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 10:58 am

I keep wondering about that name "Death Venom".

Since I can't find it on any Megadeth or Metallica lists for bootlegs or tributes or compilation albums, sounds like this person who mentioned it heard a very very poor quality version.

It is probably the Death Mission vinyl bootleg, which had Metallica (RTL) Megadeth (1984) demos.

http://www.metalliboots.com/top50deathmission.htm
In the later 1980s, the only copies of those demos getting into a lot of hands were horrible quality.
Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Image003
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:38 pm

mlotek wrote:
I keep wondering about that name "Death Venom".

Since I can't find it on any Megadeth or Metallica lists for bootlegs or tributes or compilation albums, sounds like this person who mentioned it heard a very very poor quality version.

It is probably the Death Mission vinyl bootleg, which had Metallica (RTL) Megadeth (1984) demos.

http://www.metalliboots.com/top50deathmission.htm
In the later 1980s, the only copies of those demos getting into a lot of hands were horrible quality.
Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Image003

Y'know, I remember seeing that record in a couple of stores in NYC back in the late 80s. I bought several Metallica bootlegs during this period but always passed on this one cuz the horrible cover put me off.

Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Thats probably it! Awesome! I'll show my friend and see if this is it. Thanks!

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 3:58 pm

This was it. thanks mlotek

PostSubject: Re: Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?   Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone know about this Dave Mustaine thing?
Page 1 of 1