Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking Benjamin

Go down 
+12
sam
skullsmasher
MetalH
tohostudios
the sentinel
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
journeyman
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
Shiney
MetalRob331
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Breaking Benjamin - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 12:09 am

Schbopo wrote:
I like a couple of songs, but they always fell in the category of "generic modern rock" to me.

What makes them generic? Ben is one of the best songwriters in rock and they border right along the lines of metal. Aaron Fink is one of the most creative guitar players in rock and this band is super talented. Also these guys really dont sound like most of your hard rock bands. Very awesome stuff here. I guess you have to see between the lines to notice it?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 9:51 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Schbopo wrote:
I like a couple of songs, but they always fell in the category of "generic modern rock" to me.

What makes them generic? Ben is one of the best songwriters in rock and they border right along the lines of metal. Aaron Fink is one of the most creative guitar players in rock and this band is super talented. Also these guys really dont sound like most of your hard rock bands. Very awesome stuff here. I guess you have to see between the lines to notice it?

Their songs are generic and do not stand out from the pack, Aaron Fink is an ok guitar player at best and the only thing I see between the lines when it comes to Breaking Benjamin is pure suckage.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 7:22 pm

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
Schbopo wrote:

Their songs are generic and do not stand out from the pack, Aaron Fink is an ok guitar player at best and the only thing I see between the lines when it comes to Breaking Benjamin is pure suckage.

Well the way I look at it Manny is they have everything I look for in a band. Great vocals (Ben has a very unique voice) Great songwriting, great musicianship, and killer music. When I think of generic I think of bands that are trying to follow the trend. I dont get that with BB they are very unique and have something very special going there.

As far as the suckage comment, thats fine. You know me manny different strokes for different folks. Might be a top 3 cd of the year for me...