Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dokken - Breaking the Chains

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Dokken - Breaking the Chains Empty
PostSubject: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:32 am

This is one album that I never had back in the day. I had all of Dokken's other stuff.

I just picked this up used the other day on Half.com. I basically just picked it up to fill in the collection. Wow. I didn't think this first album was this good. I really like it!

Anyone else like "Breaking the Chains"?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:34 am

I've heard it and like it, but it's the only one I don't own. Tough to come by cheap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:38 am

I picked it up at Half.com used for like $3.00. You ever shop there? It's basically a subsidiary of ebay.

I get lots of stuff there. It's my main place to shop.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 1:54 am

I always liked Dokken. Alot of people give em crap and say stuff like " such-and-such band sounds wimpy, kinda like Dokken, etc..." Its all opinion of course but I think Dokken was cool, and they were one of the first L.A. bands dating back to 1979 I think. And I dont consider them a "poser" band like alot of other L.A. bands back then, at least until they had to keep up with said bands around 1988 or so.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2007 3:30 am

I have this album 3 times. Ones on picture disc, and two on vinyls, all with different artwork and tracklisting. A great album with some killer melodic metal songs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 1:27 am

krokus wrote:
I have this album 3 times. Ones on picture disc, and two on vinyls, all with different artwork and tracklisting. A great album with some killer melodic metal songs.

Yeah, this is some great melodic metal here! I think I might even venture to say this is my favorite Dokken disc. I'll have to replace my old cassettes of "Tooth and Nail" and "Under Lock and Key" first though. It's been so long since I've heard them. "Tooth and Nail" was always my favorite back in the day.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2007 2:05 am

Dokken is one of my top 5 favorites of all time. BtC is incredibly underated in my humble opine. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 1:28 pm

VERY underrated!!!

🤘
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25910

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2007 9:19 pm

Great album!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:05 am

My favorite songs on here are:

1. I Can't See You
2. Stick to Your Guns
3. Nightrider

What are yours?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2007 8:11 am

I really only like Breaking the Chains and In The Middle.

The guitar sound on that record is a little too thin for my taste.

Don Dokken has said for years that he wants to remaster and re-release this record.

Honestly, there isn't a bad Dokken record, I dig 'em all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dokken - Breaking the Chains   Dokken - Breaking the Chains Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dokken - Breaking the Chains
Page 1 of 1